The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

how do I get retractable blade?

Seems I cannot get retractable blade, I am lvl 20 now...read you must spec for it...but how do you do that?

I cannot assign any points to it in the skill tree...it is greyed out...never becomes available it seems.

Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I am new to all of this and am at a loss.

I assumed it would be come "active" in the skill tree at some point but it never does...what am I doing wrong? Is it some very high level skill? I am too low yet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Are all your other points invested in the same tree??

The trees are built up in tiers. You need 5 points for each lower tier to unlock a talent.

F.e. to get retractable blade (3rd tier in AP tree) you need 10 points spent in the first 2 tiers of the AP tree :)

So if you've put points into the other trees you will have to wait for more points to pick up RB. Or you can respec.

You are going to need to put 11 points in to the Advanced Prototype skill tree to get retractable blades. If you want that skill and have put skills in to multiple trees you can reset your skills at the fleet.

At level 20 you only have 11 points available, so you have to put all of them into the Advanced prototype (middle) tree. To respec, you can visit a guy on the fleet, I think he's right next to the guild registar on the north side of the combat area of the empire fleet.

First respec is free, but after that it gets more expensive the more often you use it. It will be cheaper if you wait for a few days or a week in between respecs.