Who is Anakin Skywalkers father?

Bow-Wow-Wow

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Anakin was created by Darth Plagueis, since Plagueis was a Sith and practiced the Dark Side of the Force this would conclude that Anakin would have been the embodiment of the Dark Side. From what we can tell, he was not the embodiment of the Dark Side but was naive and was manipulated by Palpatine / Sideous.

Palpatine killed Plagueis in his sleep when he found out Plagueis' plan concerning creating the perfect apprentice. Palpatine never learned this force ability.

The idea that the force created Anakin gives life to the force and almost makes the force a sentient being instead of a "power." The prophecy was concerning bringing balance to the force in essence the Ying and the Yang (so to speak).

I would say that we can rule out Palpatine and Plagueis as creators (Palpatines insinuation likely was a way to manipulate Anakin and seduce him to the dark side). I think that the best way to look at it is that he was created by the force. This makes the story so much more tragic if you think about it.

Anakin was created to become the most powerful force user. He was designed to bring balance to the force. Anakin gave in to the dark side and threw away his potential. I think that this tragedy is a what if story. What if a major religious figure chose to be evil and selfish? That is the story of Darth Vader. Anakin a being who was meant to be perfect and bring balance to the force gave into the temptation of power and evil.

In the end through seeing his son stand for Jedi ideals allowed Anakin a final act of redemption.

My thoughts exactly. The problem is, everyone wants a concrete, scientific answer to everything. It's this thought process that pretty much forced Lucas to explain what the Force was with his Midichlorian story...People assume this is just some sci-fi movie series, thus there needs to be scientific answer to every question. IMO Star Wars is a Fantasy movie set in a Sci-Fi realm. So these 'leaps of faith' can exist without explaination other than "It's a mystery" or "It just happened".

Edited by mathalsolo