Double Maintenance Again This Week

No. I'm not a coder. My guess is neither are you. But I've played MMOs long enough to know how long it takes to fix one missing inventory item issue. Look, I get where you're coming from. I've defended BW many times over the last 4 months. But enough is enough. If we, as subscribers don't hold BW to a better standard than what they've shown us so far, then we're basically just enabling them to continue on with shoddy service.

Quite honestly, I don't get where you are coming from. In fact, it amazes me that people complain about a company fixing stuff that is broken. They screwed up, yes. They have screwed up many times. What I find important is that they actually fix these problems the as soon as they can rather than just sitting on it till it is convenient. I come from MMOs where it would sometimes take months to fix problems, and people didn't complain when something was. When those games brought the servers down for "emergency patches," people instead applauded them for actually taking the initiative to do so.

This game is young, but more importantly, it's a first attempt. Bioware has not dealt with MMOs, and so they have said that this is still a learning process with quite the curve on it.

And I apologize for posting back to back. I don't know how to multi-quote in these forums.

Just as a tip, when you want to multi-quote, just open up tabs for each one you want to quote, then copy/paste them all into the same post, it does help to make things easier, especially in terms of organization. I've been doing it for so long I just do it and not bother to find if they have another method of multi-quote.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite honestly, I don't get where you are coming from. In fact, it amazes me that people complain about a company fixing stuff that is broken. They screwed up, yes. They have screwed up many times. What I find important is that they actually fix these problems the as soon as they can rather than just sitting on it till it is convenient. I come from MMOs where it would sometimes take months to fix problems, and people didn't complain when something was. When those games brought the servers down for "emergency patches," people instead applauded them for actually taking the initiative to do so.

This game is young, but more importantly, it's a first attempt. Bioware has not dealt with MMOs, and so they have said that this is still a learning process with quite the curve on it.

This would describe my attitude in the past, I've just gotten too jaded I suppose to the problems.

Just as a tip, when you want to multi-quote, just open up tabs for each one you want to quote, then copy/paste them all into the same post, it does help to make things easier, especially in terms of organization. I've been doing it for so long I just do it and not bother to find if they have another method of multi-quote.

Test

Thanks for the info.

Everyone has a breaking point. TBH I've "grinned & beared it" a lot already. I've been there when people posted their "I quit" threads reminding them how young the game was. I've learned the truth is that this game needs more maturation. So I will control what I can control & maybe come back when the game has the basic features & stability I need in a game I pay for.

And I apologize for posting back to back. I don't know how to multi-quote in these forums.

Ah thats all fine and dandy for people with thick wallets but i paid 70 canadian dollars and i apparently had to add time from the get go????? so it cost me 103$ for a game i cant play when i want , what do you think i will do at Bioware 's next unveilling ....:D:D

Ah thats all fine and dandy for people with thick wallets but i paid 70 canadian dollars and i apparently had to add time from the get go????? so it cost me 103$ for a game i cant play when i want , what do you think i will do at Bioware 's next unveilling ....:D:D

Why can't you play when you want?

This reinforces an attitude we don't want BW to take. We're not talking about a matter of months here. We're talking about waiting until next Tuesday's scheduled maintenance to fix peoples' cubes. What's your threshold for them taking the servers down? Would you like them to take them down when you usually play to fix the

GTN search? How about the character crouching on login issue? Separate maintenance periods for each of those? I assume the people who are saying it's no big deal don't get affected by the outages because they play at different times or have enough playing time.

There's a balance between fixing what needs to be fixed and taking the servers down too often. They have weekly scheduled maintenance, if it's too big to wait until next week it's big enough to take the servers down right away. They need to fix whatever in their process ties them to the same maintenance time. The even wait until that time of day for crashing issues. They might bring it in by a couple of hours, which is even worse for the west coast.

Yeah, God forbid they fix stuff in a timely manner ....

There was no call for an emergency patch for this. It could have waited for the weekly maintenance down time.

I don't mind extra down time for emergency patches for really game breaking things. This wasn't one of those instances.