abilities

MandalorManiac

I have noticed during combat that I am unable to use my striking abilities, I am able to strike once and that's it......Also, after seeing a trainer to add new abilities I noticed that some of my abilities have like a red tint on them....does this mean that I can no longer use them after choosing guardian Jedi path?....I hope my question wasn't to incoherent and someone can help....thanks

I have noticed during combat that I am unable to use my striking abilities, I am able to strike once and that's it......Also, after seeing a trainer to add new abilities I noticed that some of my abilities have like a red tint on them....does this mean that I can no longer use them after choosing guardian Jedi path?....I hope my question wasn't to incoherent and someone can help....thanks

It sounds like a very common problem with the way the Jedi Knight classes work.

Some of your abilities generate focus: mainly Strike and Force Leap. Most of the others consume focus. So you have to combine both types. If an ability icon is red, it probably means you cannot use it - maybe you do not have enough focus, or maybe it is an ability you can only cast on a friendly player but you are targeting an enemy (for instance Force Might), or something similar.

Now, there are signs of a very uncommon bug where Knights do not gain focus at all when using the abilities that should generate focus. If you are 100% sure you are using Strike repeatedly and you do not gain focus, you should create a customer support ticket and see if they can help you.

Not sure which specific abilities you refer to as striking abilities, but you may have moved your focus generating strike ability out of slot one and are trying to right-click to attack and the ability in slot one requires focus you do not have.

As for the red tint, it generally means the ability will not work on the current target (i.e. you've targeted a friendly) or you are out of range for that ability.

yes I have been having this issue with basic strike......I understand about focus and sometimes you have to wait for a certain ability to regenerate...But just basic strikes it just stops working, no longer highlighted

Ok. Next ideas:

- As the above poster suggests, maybe you have moved your ability. Clicking the right mouse button makes your character use the ability placed in the first square of the first hotbar; if you have left it empty, or changed it by an ability that needs focus, right-click won't work.

- Maybe you have inadvertently unequipped your lightsaber?