Subs down 25%

Sabilok

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+25 percent subs when people get bored with d3

+25 percent when people get bored with gw2

+50% when people give up on the crap that is mop.

lol rose-tinted glasses anyone...its nice to dream isnt it:)

Are we even sure that ''free months'' is included in active subs ?

Because even if the average EA investor might not be much into games themselves, I kinda suspect that such a crude manipulation to pad numbers would cause massive backlash.

Again, you knuckleheads that are cheering do understand that the entire genre is on the line if this game goes down, right? That if market yield does not turn around for this genre the market will die? ....or do you know as much about investment theory as you do finance?

nothing i have seen points towards the market of MMOS dieing, there seems to be alot of mmos coming out every years, making thier initial sales, recouping production costs then turning a profit, lots of free 2 play models turning a huge a profit right now aswell.... if anything the monthly sub will die and everything will go free 2 play.

You can argue whatever heck you want, if a game drops subs this fast it aint a bloody good sign. mkay?

This place is a veritable warehouse of misinformation, posted by people that have no clue or education in matters being discussed, but simply throw nonsense statements paraded as fact.

The entirety of the statement above is absolutely, unequivocal false, as is much of the rest of the nonsense being blathered about.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining, but if you go back about 8 pages or so there was a lengthy posting by an analyst, that was totally ignored by virtually everyone, but did explain exactly how the market works and why most people should just stop posting in this thread.

Because even if the average EA investor might not be much into games themselves, I kinda suspect that such a crude manipulation to pad numbers would cause massive backlash.

was stated somewhere few months back that monthly subs only count the actualy subs that had had thier free month expired and paid for thier first paid month.

Again, you knuckleheads that are cheering do understand that the entire genre is on the line if this game goes down, right? That if market yield does not turn around for this genre the market will die? ....or do you know as much about investment theory as you do finance?

This is what I've been saying everyone time someone says "good riddence" to the people that posted they were quitting SWTOR.

A game without subs isn't a game.

They are losing subs because people who payed now are either stuck on a dead server or bored, some of them will come back when BioWare has fixed server balance/population and bring in new content and some of them will go to another game.

Nothing new here. Even WoW is losing/gaining/losing/gaining/losing/gaining/losing (you get the point) subscriptions.

Each time a mmo brings new content subs go up and after a while it goes down till new expansions comes again..people get bored, they quit playing while waiting till new content comes out or will play another game that comes in the meantime.

was stated somewhere few months back that monthly subs only count the actualy subs that had had thier free month expired and paid for thier first paid month.

They've specifically stated that "subs" count the box bought "free" month people and trials (which is what pretty much all MMORPGs count too), however not sure about given free month accounts.

In fact I think it was stated as a correction after they implied their 1.7m figure didn't include those still in their "free" month.

1) the free month wasn't given till 25th Apr so it wouldn't have affected their Q4 results.

2) all those given the free month are currently counted as Active Subscribers

nothing i have seen points towards the market of MMOS dieing, there seems to be alot of mmos coming out every years, making thier initial sales, recouping production costs then turning a profit, lots of free 2 play models turning a huge a profit right now aswell.... if anything the monthly sub will die and everything will go free 2 play.

Not sure why people that play video games suddenly believe they have become experts in investment finance, or the investment market theorists. Perhaps for the same reason a homeowner will watch a home show and believe they are a contractor?

There is not "recouping production costs" as a matter of turning a profit. It is not even a consideration as to whether the market will continue on. Neither is this F2P something that will lure investment opportunity. Most of you do not even understand the strategy or reasoning for free game play.

This place is a veritable warehouse of misinformation, posted by people that have no clue or education in matters being discussed, but simply throw nonsense statements paraded as fact.

The entirety of the statement above is absolutely, unequivocal false, as is much of the rest of the nonsense being blathered about.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining, but if you go back about 8 pages or so there was a lengthy posting by an analyst, that was totally ignored by virtually everyone, but did explain exactly how the market works and why most people should just stop posting in this thread.

you do realize anyone can claim to be something they are not right? you do realize professionals are wrong sometimes and everyone does make mistakes? if that werent the case then the great depression never would have happened.

champions online, city of heroes, lotro, have all seen a profit growth in thier games sense going free to play, hell lotro makes so much money from going free to play they actualy have televison ads like wow and tor. so no, my statement was not false. and yes i did read the wall of text in its entirety. its opinion, and a damned good one I might add but as with all such things its only an opinion based off information they read and they dont have the entire picture either unless they are from EA's finance room.

+25 percent subs when people get bored with d3

+25 percent when people get bored with gw2

+50% when people give up on the crap that is mop.

What makes you think people will come back to SWTOR?

That's also the good thing about GW2 and D3, you can play both of them without paying anything more than 60$.

I honestly don't even know what SWTOR could do to save itself now. They could start by doing free-roam space combat though, never quite understood why they thought non multiplayer star fox simulator would be a good idea.

Not sure why people that play video games suddenly believe they have become experts in investment finance, or the investment market theorists. Perhaps for the same reason a homeowner will watch a home show and believe they are a contractor?

There is not "recouping production costs" as a matter of turning a profit. It is not even a consideration as to whether the market will continue on. Neither is this F2P something that will lure investment opportunity. Most of you do not even understand the strategy or reasoning for free game play.

pretty basic realy, we failed, our investors pulled out, we need to salvage what we can, so lets let people buy the content they want, and make money hand over fist providing a subpar product with the illusion of being free.

best scheme realy.

1) the free month wasn't given till 25th Apr so it wouldn't have affected their Q4 results.

2) all those given the free month are currently counted as Active Subscribers

Yes it would have. Anyone who would have had their subscription canceled from the 25th to the 30th would had the free 30 days added on in time for the 1.3 million subscriber number. Look at my sig below, the 1.3 million comes from the end of april not the end of march.

That's also the good thing about GW2 and D3, you can play both of them without paying anything more than 60$.

I honestly don't even know what SWTOR could do to save itself now. They could start by doing free-roam space combat though, never quite understood why they thought non multiplayer star fox simulator would be a good idea.

Is $14/month REALLY that much for you guys?

I mean, come on WoW charges you $60 for every new expansions.

Also, the Free 2 Play games breed money off peoples addictions by enticing them with "premium accounts" and being a wallet warrior with leet gear.

Edited by ComeAndSee

Sigh, this latest patch demonstrates why BW have / are losing subs.

When will you hire competent programmers?

Nearly every single patch you break several other things in the game which needs downtime to fix, this is happening so often now.

The MMORPG community are the hardest gamers to please, and you are doing a fantastic job on making people leave the game with your so-called programmers :rolleyes:.

Edited by kmufc

Sigh, this latest patch demonstrates why BW have / are losing subs.

When will you hire competent programmers?

Nearly every single patch you break several other things in the game which needs downtime to fix, this is happening so often now.

kinda feel like im playing a certain blizzard game everytime a patch hits.

They've specifically stated that "subs" count the box bought "free" month people and trials (which is what pretty much all MMORPGs count too), however not sure about given free month accounts.

In fact I think it was stated as a correction after they implied their 1.7m figure didn't include those still in their "free" month.

True to an extent. However, advertizing is a very powerful tool, which is why it yields billions in profit each year. This board is like a running advertizement. People do read this board when either contemplating playing, or contemplating leaving.

Think of it in terms of short term loss for long term gains. Ridding themselves of the negative, and quite frankly, nonsense posts would rid them of a tremendous amount of negative publicity. They would be far better off to take the hit and get rid of the disgruntled player then allow him to remain and promulgate his nonsense on a their own message board. In essence, they are providing him the platform from which to damage their reputation and game. Talk about shooting one's self in the foot.

because i have seen it happen to many times already in various mmo's people tend to go back and check out thier games from time to time to see if its changed or gotten new content and such. basic mmo trend realy.

I honestly don't even know what SWTOR could do to save itself now.

You do not have the education or the expertise to make such a statement, and you have no idea what you are talking about. For starters, the entirety of this message board represents less then .01% of the player base. It is not an indicator of anything beyond a bunch of video game players assuming they know more then they do. Stop promulgating false information.

True to an extent. However, advertizing is a very powerful tool, which is why it yields billions in profit each year. This board is like a running advertizement. People do read this board when either contemplating playing, or contemplating leaving.

Think of it in terms of short term loss for long term gains. Ridding themselves of the negative, and quite frankly, nonsense posts would rid them of a tremendous amount of negative publicity. They would be far better off to take the hit and get rid of the disgruntled player then allow him to remain and promulgate his nonsense on a their own message board. In essence, they are providing him the platform from which to damage their reputation and game. Talk about shooting one's self in the foot.

welcome to censorship and "violatings ones rights" which would lose them even more subs if not handled just right.

I think they count differentely those different kinds of free months.