The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Does huttball need to be removed?

DarthFourTwenty

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only its about 10000x more fun as a shadow, sentinel, tank vanguard, sage and guardian than the other classes.

I like Huttball but the playing field could use some leveling. I say this having a handful of level 50 chars, it's much more fun when you can score the ball now and then when you need to.

Just do what you are supposed to do on the other classes... heal your team, or kill the enemy team.

Just do what you are supposed to do on the other classes... heal your team, or kill the enemy team.

This. Every time I see the "It's unfair" posts I think to myself, "Wow, this sounds like the defensive linemen complaining that they didn't get a chance to kick a field goal."

The problem with huttball, is it adds too many extra class imbalances on top of your every day ones.

Sure, a DPS Operative has a role, as a mid defender. Problem is, there are tons of classes that can do it much better than us.

In fact, most classes that make good ball carriers, ALSO make good defenders, so OF COURSE they're going to have more fun than we do.

The only role I have as a DPS operative, is sending people I kill closer to their goal line to prevent us from scoring. We don't even get a knockback or a grapple, which are the best defensive abilities for huttball, not DPS. I can't tell you how many times I'm trying to chase down some stupid jedi with his force speed, only for him to get away because I have no gap closer, and then have a sigh of relief when the true huttball defender comes and knocks him into the pit. Even my defense ability is limited by my lack of huttball utility!!!

Honestly, trying to relegate classes as having specific roles is a load of BS, since some classes can fill ALL roles!!

I liked the post about us serving coffee for the rest of the team! Lol, so true!

I can work my rear off in huttball, defending mid like a madman, getting the highest DPS score by far, and the highest objective score from killing ball carriers, but guess who gets MVP? The ball carriers. It's rather obvious how valued my role is in huttball....

Edited by MobiusZero

As a Scoundrel, I love this warzone.

At the start of the match, my shadow friend sprints to the ball and heads down into their pit, while I stealth my way up to their goal. We make the exchange in the corners rather than in the middle of their "goal area", as it protects me more from knockbacks and due to LOS, many players need to be spot on with their pulls. I'll actually stay in stealth far away from the edge until he throws it, then pop and run to the very edge of the ball marker.

For the rest of the game, I alternate between keeping myself hidden and cherry picking if we have a good mid game, or, if we don't, I mez recently rezzed enemies to slow down their progress to getting back into the fight. I also pick off unsuspecting players as well. I frequently travel between their goal line and their side of mid to help out my team. I guess I would be a "striker" in our pre-made.

Edited by emidas

As a Scoundrel, I love this warzone.

At the start of the match, my shadow friend sprints to the ball and heads down into their pit, while I stealth my way up to their goal. We make the exchange in the corners rather than in the middle of their "goal area", as it protects me more from knockbacks and due to LOS, many players need to be spot on with their pulls. I'll actually stay in stealth far away from the edge until he throws it, then pop and run to the very edge of the ball marker.

So you take on a role that a shadow could do better. Again, your role in huttball is unbalanced.

So you take on a role that a shadow could do better. Again, your role in huttball is unbalanced.

Yes, a role that a shadow has the "potential" to fulfill better. I would agree with that.

Doesn't make me have any less fun, or stifle the anger the other team gets when I score 6 goals in a few minutes.

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can, at the same time, will that it should become a universal law."

In that case, your maxim would be "If I hate a warzone, it should be removed." If it becomes universal law, it is flawed because if anyone can use that maxim, we wouldn't have any warzones.

However, if they were to put Huttball i its own specific queue, they should do the same for other warzones. Anyone could decide to put a warzone at the bottom of the list so they probably won't get it.

With server populations being abysymal in some cases, I could see a problem with this, though.

Controlling the middle which is vital to Huttball still boils down to a deathmatch (it's hard to control the area without killing the other side). While certain classes are greatly favored for ball running and/or defense, they don't enjoy any special advantage in the midfield brawl. Now if your class also can't contribute anything toward killing anyone (healing counts as a contribution) you're probably just a weak class and your inabilty to kill people will make all the other WZs rather uninteresting too.

Yes if you're only a DPS a Tankasin can do that and more, but there is only one Huttball. Most likely the Tankasin will be running the ball or defending so he won't be in the middle doing the fighting so the fact that he can do more than you doesn't actually matter, because someone absolutely has to be fighting in the middle to control that vital piece of territory. It's only a problem if you went up against a team of all alpha-dog classes. Like I said one time I had 6 Tankasins on my team, and it's pretty brutal for the enemy side when 6 out of 8 guys on our team can do absolutely everything you need in Huttbal. But that's also the only game I can recall seeing such a crazy combination of classes.

Edited by Astarica

while reaing this post with an objective point of view i decided that maybe the next best huttball map would be MAZE huttball with high walls maybe with ramps but never where a class can avoid the ramp or trap so mething maybe ops/scoundrels cn excel at stealthing ahead and wiating around blind corners to attack from narrow twisty areas and dead ends with wz buffs at them , as long as there were small areas of open "kill zones" it could be fun for all classes

Huttball's fine, and viable for all classes.

Hmm not really :p! Had an experience once with a team full of smugglers and troopers against a team of knights and consulars. It was a really bad experience lucky it was short, really short.

But that aside I do enjoy hutt-ball (h8 it at first :p). It is a fast and furious game type that I think is more appealing to guys that have lots of experience with the class that they are playing. Greenhorns are bound to hate it :cool:.

What is a out of balance, IMHO, is the fact that some classes have the ability to move the ball around very quickly w/o having to pass the ball. The ball handler should not be able to use any gap closing skills (leaps, speed ups etc) except the speed buffs at the bottom of the pits. I think a change like that would generate more passing hence more entertaining games.

Huttball is fun stuff, but I do think they need to make separate queue's for Pugs and Premades. Rift did this and it helped a great deal. With all the servers being merged.. ER I mean with people transferring to the same server and the high populations of servers it would be a very good idea.

As a gunslinger Huttball is my favorite map. I get to sit up in the rafters ping ping pinging till someone comes and tries to knock me off, I hunker down and knock them first and continue pinging. Then when I finaly get ganged on who is stopping the rest of my team from scoring? And even then I can lay down incindiary grenade on myself, hit em all with flash bang and watch em burn while i run.

Huttball rules.