Yup re-rolling Sorc

MorbidAri

Currently playing an Op healer. I just managed to get my best HPS in a NMM Bonethrasher fight at 1665 hps.

Then our top sorc healer told me they pulled 2100 hps. Granted they are a great player, as am I, but beating me by that much speaks to mechanics more than skill. The key problem with Op and Merc healers is the resource and nothing else.

So without whining, re-rolling Sorc. Which will make our healing team 4 sorcs. No real reason to heal as any other class. While having close to 90% uptime getting out healed by 400-500 or even more on some fights is frustrating. So I'll just play the class BW wants to play for healing, Sorc.

On the plus side, I'll have a lightsaber!

You would be better off just canceling your sub I know not to trust these devs after 1.2 "balance" fiasco.

These clowns are clueless :mad:

Acceptable opinion given how terrible 1.2 was for healers, but I am in a guild of friends and I'm not leaving them without a healer. I wont be unsubbing, but I hardly blame you for the suggestion!

Sorcs are still the best healers, but Scoundrels are also a viable healer in all endgame content + PvP. Mercs/Commandos got hit the hardest.

PvE wise, scoundrels are going 1600HPS, commandos are going for 1000-1200HPS, they are in an even worse position, 800-1000HPS lower than a sage. In PvP, they can heal decently well, still bottom of the healing ranks but the gap is small, bad side is, they have the least survivability in terms of mobility, CC and especially "Escape" mechanism...

I wish Bioware has an unlock system, where every healer player has to play a Commando Medic before unlocking Sorc and Scoundrel heals. That way all the Sorc and Scoundrel whining about their heals will know how lucky they are compared to Merc/Commandos.

Edited by ImariKurumi

Sheesh. Was your raid eating every single swipe, or what?

Sorc AoE heals are stronger than ours, and it gives them big HPS numbers on fights where they have a lot of AoE healing to do. Big deal. HPS is not a very important stat. It is pure foolishness to measure your effectiveness as a healer by comparing HPS. AoE heals skew the numbers, and sorcerers have the strongest AoE heals in the game right now. It might hurt your epeen, but it doesn't really mean anything.

Personally, I think a sorcerer paired with an operative or a merc makes a much better healing team than two sorcerers would.

Don't get hung up on the numbers. At the very least least, try and figure out a better way to analyze your parses before you run off and delete your operative or whatever.

Edited by belialle

Sheesh. Was your raid eating every single swipe, or what?

Sorc AoE heals are stronger than ours, and it gives them big HPS numbers on fights where they have a lot of AoE healing to do. Big deal. HPS is not a very important stat. It is pure foolishness to measure your effectiveness as a healer by comparing HPS. AoE heals skew the numbers, and sorcerers have the strongest AoE heals in the game right now. It might hurt your epeen, but it doesn't really mean anything.

Personally, I think a sorcerer paired with an operative or a merc makes a much better healing team than two sorcerers would.

Don't get hung up on the numbers. At the very least least, try and figure out a better way to analyze your parses before you run off and delete your operative or whatever.

About time someone with sense posted in this thread.

I would take a look at his parses and see how much of that was from AoE.

If he drops that circle, he will be getting credit for every person who runs through it, even if they aren't hurt, while you will be spot healing. This makes your HPS capped by the incoming DPS (with some over-heal from Op HoTs), while his AoE may be heavily over-heal, and its indiscriminate nature removes the inc-DPS cap on his healing numbers.

Trust me, I'm certainly not one of the 'healing is fine' people around here, but healing logs are not as simple as DPS logs. They require review and analysis and correction beyond just looking at one number. They are also a team effort, so unless both of you are taxed to the limit, class balance discrepancies are unlikely to show clearly.

Alright, didn't think I'd need to add to this.

I am a heavy theorycrafter and a LONG time mmo player. So don't bother trying to say "but blah blah about how parses mean nothing" cause frankly you have no idea what your talking about and are wrong.

"But their AOE is better so that skews numbers......blah blah" is basically a fully ignorant statement.

An AoE healer shouldn't be that much further up. Let me explain. Take a game where healing is also bad but more balanced: WoW (yes I did have to go there to make this point).

Now the only fair WoW comparison would be Burning Crusade. For a few reasons. Specialized healers, limited resources, similar amounts of healing spells per class when compared to Swtor.

As a holy pally in WoW during BC, I could match or out heal AoE healers. AoE healing in BC was better but worse on resources than Swtor currently. Holy pallys had a handful of heal spells and ALL of them were single target direct cast bars. So by your logic all AoE healers (preists and shamans at that time) should have had 25-40% more HPS just because they healed more targets. Well, in some cases they did clean up HPS but that was very rare. Direct healers could compete because they had such a thing as "tank healing". I.E. a dedicated healer who healed almost exclusively a tank.

Now one of the main issues with healing is the total bumbling design of fights damage delt by bosses and the complete disregard for organisation in concept (i.e. raid heals and tank heals) as to not exclude a given class (BH are completely excluded which is 1000% unfair) and this is an example of one of the issues.

We raid 16m content as I mentioned. Because of that having more AoE heals are vital, so Sorc is the only healer to use. Hence why I am rerolling.

So before you all act like I'm some sort of idiot who has no idea what I'm talking about, perhaps you should ask if you even know.

Sorc is the only healer for PVE. Go ahead and argue that point, but there is no point in that as you would be wrong.

Edit: Clarification.

Edited by MorbidAri

Alright, didn't think I'd need to add to this.

I am a heavy theorycrafter and a LONG time mmo player. So don't bother trying to say "but blah blah about how parses mean nothing" cause frankly you have no idea what your talking about and are wrong.

*etc, etc, screaming, nerd-rage, etc*

So before you all act like I'm some sort of idiot who has no idea what I'm talking about, perhaps you should ask if you even know.

Sorc is the only healer for PVE. Go ahead and argue that point, but there is no point in that as you would be wrong.

I think the more important point is that there is zero point in attempting a discussion with someone like you who immediately lashes out at any perceived criticism with a mixture of insults, trumped up arrogance, and a preemptive dismissal of any counter-argument.

SWTOR is a fairly simple game, and I think I have a reputation for knowing a thing or two about how it works. You are wrong, but you clearly have no interest in actually having a discussion and learning or improving, so it is not worth my time to attempt that discussion.

Enjoy your Sorc.

I think the more important point is that there is zero point in attempting a discussion with someone like you who immediately lashes out at any perceived criticism with a mixture of insults, trumped up arrogance, and a preemptive dismissal of any counter-argument.

SWTOR is a fairly simple game, and I think I have a reputation for knowing a thing or two about how it works. You are wrong, but you clearly have no interest in actually having a discussion and learning or improving, so it is not worth my time to attempt that discussion.

Enjoy your Sorc.

Wait I was being criticized? Since when did I design Swtor healing? I am backing healing logic with concept, which sadly is more than BW has. So by saying AoE should have higher numbers comes from the view that all heals should play and be exactly the same. But they aren't and I am glad they aren't.

I didn't realize adding that direct heals should compete with AoE would offend you so.

And yes, Sorcs are tons more fun. Instead of the sneaky run around I just shoot things with lightning. They should have just made every class a Jedi to avoid the mess they have on their hands. Yes it would be dull....

I don't think that RuQu really said any of those things... at least, I certainly didn't read that. All he did was to point out that Sorcs will tend to do well in plain numbers on parses, due to the AoEs - even though a fair portion of that healing may not have been really necessary or even effective.

Indeed, he went out of his way to say that he's not a fan of the designs in ToR and wasn't defending it. He was just saying that the flat healing numbers from ToR parses don't tell the whole story.

X