The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Whats currently the strongest Powertech Spec?

I'm starting my 4th character and have decided to make a DPS Powertech. Just wondering which tree to go for? I heard Pyro is currently very strong? Can anyone post me a link of a good tree to use? Thankyiou

For PvE, I use this.

For PvP, I generally switch a few things around, namely Combust for Intimidation and Rapid Venting for Infrared Sensors.

I couldn't even begin to give advise on AP... I am not good at all with that spec, though I have seen others have some pretty good success with it.

Edited by ssfish

There are members in here that have done SERIOUS research in this subject. Pyro is the 'strongest' in pve/pvp as a whole.

If you want to drop any class out there, Pyro is the choice. However, learning what rotations work best for you or the group is entirely different. Unlike some classes, there is no 'I win button' it's all about burst and kite attrition.

I've played all the builds pre and post 1.2 because of these forums.

My build that I always go back to: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hZMcMZfhrbdGhMs.1

Some guys prefer degauss over infrared sensors, I prefer to see stealth classes and pop them out before that power attack nails me or a mate.

Pyro and Ap are within 5-10% of each other. Pyro has more burst potential. Some people play better as AP (me). My pyro is 5% less then my AP play.

I also like AP more in pvp, but i get pyro for pvp also.

Try them both out for a bit and choose for yourself.

Currently there are only two main classes that are as close to balanced as possible. Powertechs and Assassins (though Deception assassins would disagree).

Pyro and AP are really really close so you can choose dps based on preference. PVP and PVE both are really close with Pyro pulling ahead in perfect situations with perfect rotations. I am better with AP because I don't handle the RNG venting of Pyro well.

Shield tech is a very strong though it could use a bit more threat abilities.

Pyro. Hands down. You will never see these numbers on AP.

http://imageshack.us/f/836/prime8kcrit.jpg/

Reall? I may not see a 6.2k crit (and TBH that's hard for a pyro on a fully geared player, but I've hit 5.5k with my Imm), but I do 700k a bunch of times (unfortunately the one time i remember to take a screenshot, the overlay of damage taken covers the damage done so believe me or don't, don't really care).

Again they are very close to each other. No I will even as pyro never see 300k in a HB match. Most of the time I'm under 50k done, why? Cause I'm carrying the ball/passing/pulling people into fire.

I more about objectives then damage and in HB if you're teammates control mid, not much damage needs to be done.

Reall? I may not see a 6.2k crit (and TBH that's hard for a pyro on a fully geared player, but I've hit 5.5k with my Imm), but I do 700k a bunch of times (unfortunately the one time i remember to take a screenshot, the overlay of damage taken covers the damage done so believe me or don't, don't really care).

Again they are very close to each other. No I will even as pyro never see 300k in a HB match. Most of the time I'm under 50k done, why? Cause I'm carrying the ball/passing/pulling people into fire.

I more about objectives then damage and in HB if you're teammates control mid, not much damage needs to be done.

I agree. Burst>dmg. Especially on the other three WZ's. That is an 8328 crit, not a 6.2. To be fair, I haven't seen one that quite that high since, but I am rocking 622 power right now. If a target I choose is wearing PvE gear, I can probably kill then in the time it take TD to detonate.

I agree. Burst>dmg. Especially on the other three WZ's. That is an 8328 crit, not a 6.2. To be fair, I haven't seen one that quite that high since, but I am rocking 622 power right now. If a target I choose is wearing PvE gear, I can probably kill then in the time it take TD to detonate.

Ahh looked like a 6, and damn Yea. I"m tending to be in pvp burst>dmg. In pve on all boss fights in HM EC i'm top 2, against mara's/pyro as AP, so I guess on some fights burst is better, but generally I'm still way up there as AP and not holding my guild back.

I've gone back to pyro for now (just this morning) to get back in the groove and see how much better worse I am in Pyro vs AP.

Getting used to different key bindings takes a few matches and sux. Also remembering to switch Cyl, I was in first match like *** PPA won't proc for me. Doh still in HEGC.

EDIT:

How do you have that much power, here's my gear rocking 539 power (with stim 493 without stim):

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0d5d046d-4706-48e3-b2df-8df4a971802d

Edited by dardack

1222 Expertise

1488 Aim (+297.6)

621 Power (+142.8)

1598 Endurance (18666 HP)

96.28% Ranged Accuracy

28.77 Ranged Crit (buffed)

77.88 Surge

I am have not finished gearing out yet, I expect those numbers to hover around where they are largely, adding some crit and more HP.

Edited by RendakFel

1222 Expertise

1488 Aim (+297.6)

621 Power (+142.8)

1598 Endurance (18666 HP)

96.28% Ranged Accuracy

28.77 Ranged Crit (buffed)

77.88 Surge

I am have not finished gearing out yet, I expect those numbers to hover around where they are largely, adding some crit and more HP.

1207 expertise

1532 (+306.4) without Aim stim Biochem so add 112 aim so 1656 +331.2

493 power (+113.4) without stim, biochem ad 46, 539 power +124

1587 endurance (18549 hp)

96.22% acc

my matrix shard is gone, it's 23.97% right now with matrix 26%

76.62% surge