Miraluka and Helmets

MrSchmo

Can the Miraluka wear helmets? More precisely Bounty Hunter helmets? I didnt know if their face mask counted as head gear. I was planning on creating a blind Miraluka BH, and before I plopped 1.5 mil on unlocking one, I want to see if they can were helmets or not.

Also really quick, can Twi'lek wear helmets too? or do their leks clip out the back?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by MrSchmo

I'm not quite sure about the Miraluka helm question, but over the past week or so I have read a couple posts about 'bugs' with the Miraluka, Twi'lek & Pureblood helms.

Some of the heavy helms from what I remember (I know the Sand People's helm for sure) on Twi'lek's fully hide their lekku, and some of the ones that are full-head masks look disturbing because your nose sticks out the front a tiny bit and your lekku pop through the mask graphic in the back. Jedi/Sith hoods do not work at all for a Twi'lek.

Though, my personal experience on a Twi'lek since the release of 1.2 is a majority of the helms are bugged. Meaning, they're invisible when you put them on (and do not have hide helm on) or try them on in the dressing room thingy. This also makes any 'headband' your Twi'lek had from the character creation disappear too as long as the helm is "toggled to show" when equipped.

So far for the majority of the trooper/bounty hunter helms, some of the smuggler/imperial agent hats, and a few (i haven't seen ALL of them on a twi'lek) of the consular/inquisitor hats have this bug. I've been wearing a pair of goggles on my Smuggler for as long as I can remember since it's one of the few remaining hats I somewhat like wearing.

For some reason the Rakghoul Event's helm for the Imperial side does not show up, even though it's a pair of sweet sunglasses and a breather and in no way covers the lekku :rak_02:

Miraluka can show full cover helmets but not half covered such as smuggler cow boy hat, or breath mask type of head slot item. (on my miraluka smuggler.) Edited by hchsiao

my miraluka juggernaut has a breather mask showing fine on her

miraluka breather mask

No fair! The smuggler type doesn't !! (well it is half breather mast + a hat sort thing.)

Gunslinger's headgear works thou, and it is funny on my miraluka cus she has full forehead + mic cover type of mask..

Edited by hchsiao

Can the Miraluka where helmets? More precisely Bounty Hunter helmets? I didnt know if their face mask counted as head gear. I was planning on creating a blind Miraluka BH, and before I plopped 1.5 mil on unlocking one, I want to see if they can were helmets or not.

Also really quick, can Twi'lek wear helmets too? or do their leks clip out the back?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure "where" the helmets could be. Did you check under your ship's bunk? Or maybe in the engine room?

Not sure "where" the helmets could be. Did you check under your ship's bunk? Or maybe in the engine room?

At first I was like what is this guy talking about.... Unfortunately spell check doesn't fix stupid. Lol

only certain helms work for eg the headbands anything that is full facial does not show

also the open faced helms clip with hair styles

this is still current after 1.2

Is this as reference to Twi's or Miraluka?

On my Miraluka sorc, she has a full head of hair and just a pair of visor things that cover her eyes. The problem I have is with the /helm on thing and a breathing mask. With the head slot option off, she appears with a hooded robe just like any other Sith...however, when I turn the head slot on to see the breath mask, the hood disappears as well as all her hair and she becomes completely bald. What's with that??

I've had this problem with both my miraluka sage and my Operative. Before 1.2 my sage's hats would have his hair pop out of it. After 1.2, most of the same hats that had problems stop appearing and only the headbands actually "Worked".

As for my Operative, I have seen this issue happen to him as well. I believe anything below his eye wear may appear but anything else just doesn't. Of course, when 1.2.3 came out, ALL headpiece stopped showing, even the ones he was able to show.

It has come to my attention that perhaps, Bioware wanted to make them either unable to show helmets of any kind or its a rather annoying bug that needs to get fix ASAP. But should it be the case that its was made on purpose, I would have to point that the least they could do, is make it so we (Miraluka players) get the chance to change the masks at will and not just the color mind you.

• 1 month later...
I've had this problem with both my miraluka sage and my Operative. Before 1.2 my sage's hats would have his hair pop out of it. After 1.2, most of the same hats that had problems stop appearing and only the headbands actually "Worked".

As for my Operative, I have seen this issue happen to him as well. I believe anything below his eye wear may appear but anything else just doesn't. Of course, when 1.2.3 came out, ALL headpiece stopped showing, even the ones he was able to show.

It has come to my attention that perhaps, Bioware wanted to make them either unable to show helmets of any kind or its a rather annoying bug that needs to get fix ASAP. But should it be the case that its was made on purpose, I would have to point that the least they could do, is make it so we (Miraluka players) get the chance to change the masks at will and not just the color mind you.

Ditto my sage could wear helmets and hoods until 1.2 hit. I didn't care if my hair bun popped out but the head gear still showed. Now it works with 0 of my hats.. it sucks.