The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Reverse engineering 20% my foot

oninojb

198 consecutive fails on a low level item to reverse engineer , what a joke

took me 28 hours to gather the materials and get the right schematic then gather more materials to make the item , and use it for the next 4 levels , so 28 hours to make something that i used for 90 minutes , yipee

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just re'ed 50 diff f'ing dam armor and have gotten NOTHING. this sucks, PVP sucks. and this cybertech sucks. I am so tired of doing this game with all the bugs and problems and stupidity. I should unsub and come back when it is all fixed, maybe 3 years or so. Man I am tired of this.

I just finished power levelling an armormech to 400. Throughout, I was re'ing all of the greens I crafted to try and minimize resource loss.

Without fail, I was getting a minimum of 2 blue schems each time. I even got 3 for a couple.

But as soon as I hit 400, and am now trying to re augments, the rate has rapidly dropped.

Counting only my Cybertech REs of green to blue, since 1.2 I am 10 for 41 for a 24.4% success rate. If I only count my non-mod items (earpieces), I am 2 for 9 for a 22.2% success rate. That's why I say that my results fall right along the norm that I would expect. I believe that if I count all of my REs across other skills, then I have about a 21% success rate in a total of 150+ tries (I'd have to recalculate it to be exact since I didn't save my results from the last time).

BTW, one thing I don't do is to produce a stack and then RE them one after another. I produce one at a time (or sometimes 2 if I crit a mod), and RE it immediately. Thus, my attempts are spaced at least a couple minutes apart. Could there be a bug dealing with very closely spaced RE attempts? There's always that possibility.

But overall, I can't find fault with the results from my experience.

I've broken down 10 Assault Shriekers now, nd the tool tip says I have a 20% chance at a blue schematic. I haven't gotten anything from it but lost materials and time. I understand sometimes you get a series of low rolls but I can count the times I've gotten 2 schemes breaking 5 items on 3 fingers. I can't count how many sets of 5-7 items I've broken apart in a row and not gotten squat. So does this mean Reverse engineering is still broken, broken on some items or am I really this unlucky this consistantly? I mean I'm talking level 9 green items here

10 attempts isn't even close to a large enough sample to judge the percentage. I see a lot of people trying to second guess random systems with far, FAR less than needed to get an accurate assessment.

I have been charting my RE success rate over the last few days, so far I have 133 attempts and currently I am at a 20.9% success rate. Even at 133 samples I wouldn't consider it a large enough pool of results and I wouldn't even be posting it yet but to demonstrate my point here. As a side note, until I hit over 50 results and the results started to normalize I was sitting under 12%.

Keep at it, at times I have gone through 20 recipes without getting a success. It gets very expensive when you finally win that roll only to have it affix a bad stat. To get an earpiece I could use in operations on my Marauder it cost me over 600k and 3 successful attempts until I got one that was good.

198 consecutive fails on a low level item to reverse engineer , what a joke

took me 28 hours to gather the materials and get the right schematic then gather more materials to make the item , and use it for the next 4 levels , so 28 hours to make something that i used for 90 minutes , yipee

Which is another big problem, I completely agree with you that drop rate from mobs and missions of crafting mats is far to inneficient.

Edited by Aram_Darksun

There is always so much anger over this subject . . . i wonder why there is no simple explanation listed on the boards.

The formula to remember is simply this:

Subtract your % chance to get a new schematic from 100

divide your result by 100

Raise that result to the power of your number of trials

Multiply by 100

The result is the percent chance you had to have that many misses in a row.

Example case: trying to get a new schematic (20% chance) and had 30 misses.

100-20 = 80

80/100 = 0.8

0.8^30 tries = 0.001238 (that's 0.8 raised to the 30th power using exponents in case anyone has math trouble)

0.001238 x 100 = 0.1238% - Chance of that many failures in a row.

Roughly 1/1000 crafters are starting a string of 30 misses in a row when they start trying for a schematic so probably a ten thousand streaks like this have been experienced!

Rather than coming to the boards to complain, we should be running contests on who can get the biggest number. If only there were a way to prove that many misses in a row we could have like a monthly or a weekly prize for the character with the most consecutive misses!! it would be like a bad beat jackpot or something. Anyhow, just an idea.

This post is mostly a repost from another thread I posted in yesterday . . . some wording has been changed to protect the innocent

I stopped paying attention to the little green text below items stating the percentage chance of a schematic. For all I know the percentage has always been the same, but now there's a tooltip..

Anywho, it's completely random as has been stated. I crafted two level 47 orange crystals and one level 47 yellow crystal last night. RE'ing the yellow crystal gave me the Advanced schematic on the first try. The orange only took two.

On the other hand, I've crafted innumerable belts/bracers on my Synthweaver at times and learned nothing within the first 10 or so attempts.

Random, random, random.