I suggest, nerf Lord Vivicar.

Kourage

Vivicar is 2 levels higher than the quest, and 4 levels higher than the trash and mini bosses on his ship. If you're level 29, you see an orange level 32 quests, which you believe is quite doable. After you waste all that time traveling there and clearing to him, you find out it's impossible. The resists are too high for a boss 4+ levels above you. Other quests to kill Act 1 bosses or any other bosses match the NPCs level.

The level indicator and color difficulty is wrong. Either change that, or change his level. The other bosses for the end of act 1 story quests are level 32. He should not be 34

or

Don't want him nerfed to level 32?

Then raise the suggested level. Other quests suggested levels match the Boss's level.

"Usurper" for example. Alderaan quest to kill Bouris Ulgo, both level 31. The quest I just completed before attempting this 32 class quest. At 29, I could kill Ulgo.

Perhaps he used to be 32, and he was too easy. So they took the lazy fix and raised his level without changing anything else. :eek:

Edited by Kourage

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So go get more levels (what I did) so hes not higher level then you

or

(and this the biggy)

Figure out the encounter so you can win it

Lord Vivicar can basically 1 shot you no matter if you lvl 29 or lvl 40. There is a trick to the combat to successfully defeat him.

But really at lvl 29 you shouldnt be facing him anyways, tons of content you skipped prior to him that requires finishing.

Lord Vivicar and the next boss at end of next chapter are two of the hardest fight in TOR that I found and nerfing them would be a true and terrible shame.

Both encounters are very soloable (I did them once each in closed beta and twice now in retail. Completely beatable if you think it out, use tactics and your full skill set, and dont go in to far under level!

Though to be honest Ive no clue how you got past the Trooper outside Vivicars quarters at lvl 29. That fight is harder then Vivicar is in many ways.

PS: By doing the content, no grinding, only a few heroics, my cons (3 in total) characters have always hit Alderaan at level 30-31. So how you can finish Alderaan AND all of Vivicars ship and still be only 29 is dumbfounding.

Edited by Kalfear

Basically the previous post - if you're facing him at level 29, you're facing him too early.

I repeatedly had this problem with questline bosses on my Shadow - because the temptation to simply force stealth and avoid as much confrontation as possible (combined with the rushing to see the story as my first ever char) meant that I wasn't getting the experience points that one would normally get from combat, and not completing bonus missions.

Stop stealthing and level up; seize all opportunities otherwise the game will be a pain like you're experiencing now over and over again. Do you space missions, get flashpoints done where possible. Level 29 is simply much too low for Vivicar - as you've noticed the mission lists level 32; at a push you might scrape him at 31, but you should be at least 32, funnily enough. I remember not having done the quests and avoiding combat so when facing the Jedi Master boss on Alderaan at level 29 I kept failing - I had to go away and do everything I missed to bring myself to level 31, nearly 32 just to beat her. Vivicar at 29 is just wrong.

Vivicar is not OP, God forbid you see some of the enemies you'll have to fight; in comparison I found Vivicar quite tame so long as you get the interrupts right - iirc interrupts are absolutely necessary because he has a super-long charging time insta-kill technique that is easy to interrupt but must be interrupted to survive. So once again, either he isn't immune to interrupt, or your level is so low he's resisting it somehow.

Edited by QuiQuaeQuod

I'm a 29 Shadow, It's a level 32 quest. I was doing just fine and dandy until I reached him. He's level 34! Dude squashed my companion in no time flat! The best I can hope to beat is a Gold Elite 3 levels above me, not 5 levels! Now after all that clearing and the bonus mission, I've got to grind out 1.5 levels.

Lord Vivicar should be level 32.

That's my suggestion.

By the way, Mind Snap is either resisted or just ineffective. Target's level just too high.

When you're too low level your targets have a chance to resist your attack negating all damage. Just lvl at to 32 and then fight him again.

No kidding....

It's a level 32 quest, he should be level 32. Had no problems with any of the other mobs leading up to him. The only reason I can't beat him is because he resists the interrupt. Oddly, he doesn't resist my stun.

I do space just about daily. I've had rest XP bonus since level 1. I do my class quests, the planets main series, and I did Tatooine bonus series. I should not have to do every little petty quest when I'm already doing plenty of bonus missions and space.

No kidding....

It's a level 32 quest, he should be level 32. Had no problems with any of the other mobs leading up to him. The only reason I can't beat him is because he resists the interrupt. Oddly, he doesn't resist my stun.

I do space just about daily. I've had rest XP bonus since level 1. I do my class quests, the planets main series, and I did Tatooine bonus series. I should not have to do every little petty quest when I'm already doing plenty of bonus missions and space.

Yeah sorry but you did not do all those quests and still only lvl 29

Its simply not doable.

If you had done all you suggest, you would be minimum level 32-33 and if you threw in some heroics, a few flashpoints, some PVP and or space you would easily be lvl 36-39.

and PS: No he shouldnt be lvl 32, hes a BOSS! He should be difficult and demanding.

Its the end of a chapter fight.

Everything else in this game is set to the "easy side of easy".

Dont try to get content set to the "difficult side of normal" removed

Buck up, get some levels, do content you ignored (trust me there is ALLOT you havent done. Id say easily 50% of the PVE content with out even touching PVP, Space, Flashpoints).

Yelling for nerf because its not set to mindlessly easy mode is not the answer.

and PS: No he shouldnt be lvl 32, hes a BOSS! He should be difficult and demanding.

Its the end of a chapter fight.

All the other mobs in his ship are level 30, even the gold elites. To make me fight my way all the way to the end to find out the last boss is 34 is ridiculous. He should be 32 at the most. Otherwise, raise the level of all the other mobs. Nobody would expect a 4 level increase for the last boss.

At the very least, change the suggested level of the quest. It is not inline with the suggested level of other quests and the end boss levels.

Edited by Kourage

All the other mobs in his ship are level 30, even the gold elites. To make me fight my way all the way to the end to find out the last boss is 34 is ridiculous. He should be 32 at the most. Otherwise, raise the level of all the other mobs. Nobody would expect a 4 level increase for the last boss.

At the very least, change the suggested level of the quest. It is not inline with the suggested level of other quests and the end boss levels.

If you read those that replied or go in and ask Sages and Shadows you will find the thing thats out of line is you at 29

Vivicar is a VERY HARD FIGHT

Unless you figure ut the tactics of the fight (which you clearly havent)

then even at 32 hes pretty easy to defeat!

This is suppose to be for characters lvl 31+

Personally I dont see how anyone gets here before 33-34 level as Alderaan is easily 3 levels of content if you do them all.

While im not very charitable to EAoware now a days, this issue isnt on them, its on you power gaming as fast as you can and skipping and ignoreing combat and content.

The level range is fine where it is (and really if anything should be increased to 34 range IMO).

And of course the stuff befor Vivicar easy (except for that damnable trooper outside Vivicars area), they 2 levels lower and regular and strong mobs. They suppose to be easier.

Sorry your options are stop power gaming and speed leveling and pay attention to your surrondings or get a partner

CAUSE

Ill tell you right now.

If you come into the next chapter end under level, you are going to get your butt kicked from one side of the Royal Chambers to the other every single time. In beta I had to actually gain 3 levels to get past that chapter ending fight solo!

So if you think Vivicar is a challenge, might wanna stop while your ahead.

If you read those that replied or go in and ask Sages and Shadows you will find the thing thats out of line is you at 29

Vivicar is a VERY HARD FIGHT

Unless you figure ut the tactics of the fight (which you clearly havent)

then even at 32 hes pretty easy to defeat!

This is suppose to be for characters lvl 31+

Personally I dont see how anyone gets here before 33-34 level as Alderaan is easily 3 levels of content if you do them all.

While im not very charitable to EAoware now a days, this issue isnt on them, its on you power gaming as fast as you can and skipping and ignoreing combat and content.

The level range is fine where it is (and really if anything should be increased to 34 range IMO).

And of course the stuff befor Vivicar easy (except for that damnable trooper outside Vivicars area), they 2 levels lower and regular and strong mobs. They suppose to be easier.

Sorry your options are stop power gaming and speed leveling and pay attention to your surrondings or get a partner

CAUSE

Ill tell you right now.

If you come into the next chapter end under level, you are going to get your butt kicked from one side of the Royal Chambers to the other every single time. In beta I had to actually gain 3 levels to get past that chapter ending fight solo!

So if you think Vivicar is a challenge, might wanna stop while your ahead.

Guy, 29 should be just fine for a lv 32 quest. :rolleyes:

The mechanic is to interrupt, which I can't because he resists it. His level is just too high for 29. Every other quest suggested 3 levels above me has been very doable. This guy should be level 32 so that he doesn't resist so much, or the suggested level should be raised. If it was suggested to be 34, I would have not wasted my time clearing to him.

The quest "Usurper" is a suggested level 31 quest and the final boss is Bouris Ulgo, a level 31 elite boss. When beginning the quest "Vivicar Awaits" I was expecting to be able to complete it as it was suggested lv 32 and all of the mobs, including the gold elites were only level 30. I was fully expecting a level 32 elite, not a 34.

For all you Captain Obvious types telling me to go level up.... DUH.

That's besides the point that Vivicar's level is too high considering the suggested level and the other mobs levels on his ship.

Edited by Kourage

Yelling for nerf because its not set to mindlessly easy mode is not the answer.

I think you have terrible reading comprehension. :rolleyes:

There was no yelling and I mentioned it was a suggestion twice, not a demand.

I enjoy fighting the mobs while they're a few levels above me as it takes away the "mindlessly easy mode". My limit is a Gold 3 levels higher as their resists are way too high after that.

Perhaps you would support the other suggestion of raising the suggested level.

Edited by Kourage

Though to be honest Ive no clue how you got past the Trooper outside Vivicars quarters at lvl 29. That fight is harder then Vivicar is in many ways.

They are only level 30 and don't have the resists.

Quite easily. Quite easily. :rolleyes:

No kidding....

Let's just get this clearly spelt out for you so you don't make any more 'tarded responses:

1. The game is not broken, Lord Vivicar is not imbalanced, nobody else has found that there's anything wrong with his difficulty.

2. Level 32 quest implies that you should really be at least level 32 to be able to complete it. Not level 29. Not level 30. Not level 12. Not level 31, though you might be able to pull it off a level down.

3. Level 32 quest does not mean that the enemies are level 32. As per the previous post this level rating is an indicator of difficulty for you, i.e. you ought to be at least level 32 to defeat them. If you were level 32, you'd be able to deal with Vivicar without much sweat, because he's designed to be optimally challenged by a level 32 player.

4. Everyone's right, and I sympathised and explained in my first reply but you're too proud to admit this entire thread was a mistake: it's easy and very tempting as a Shadow to stealth past enemies, miss quests, ignore bonus quests and not do flashpoints, group content and space missions. I was finishing Alderaan at around level 29 because of this back in beta (or was it early release? can't remember) and couldn't even beat the boss there as a Shadow, because I had spent my time sneaking past wherever possible instead of fighting, therefore missing bonus objectives and generally ignoring group content and space missions - you miss LOADS of experience which can be more painful to get at a later date. This is your problem: you are too low level to face Lord Vivicar, end of story.

Guy, 29 should be just fine for a lv 32 quest. :rolleyes:

Just saw this response as well.. NO IT SHOULDN'T. IF 29 WAS MEANT TO BE OK IT'D BE LISTED AS A LEVEL 29 QUEST.

29=29

32=32

32-29 = 3 - you notice the level difference there? How 29 and 32 aren't the same level and content intended to require level 32 does in no way mean it's 'ok for a level 29'.

Edited by QuiQuaeQuod

Let's just get this clearly spelt out for you so you don't make any more 'tarded responses:

1. The game is not broken, Lord Vivicar is not imbalanced, nobody else has found that there's anything wrong with his difficulty.

2. Level 32 quest implies that you should really be at least level 32 to be able to complete it. Not level 29. Not level 30. Not level 12. Not level 31, though you might be able to pull it off a level down.

3. Level 32 quest does not mean that the enemies are level 32. As per the previous post this level rating is an indicator of difficulty for you, i.e. you ought to be at least level 32 to defeat them. If you were level 32, you'd be able to deal with Vivicar without much sweat, because he's designed to be optimally challenged by a level 32 player.

4. Everyone's right, and I sympathised and explained in my first reply but you're too proud to admit this entire thread was a mistake: it's easy and very tempting as a Shadow to stealth past enemies, miss quests, ignore bonus quests and not do flashpoints, group content and space missions. I was finishing Alderaan at around level 29 because of this back in beta (or was it early release? can't remember) and couldn't even beat the boss there as a Shadow, because I had spent my time sneaking past wherever possible instead of fighting, therefore missing bonus objectives and generally ignoring group content and space missions - you miss LOADS of experience which can be more painful to get at a later date. This is your problem: you are too low level to face Lord Vivicar, end of story.

Just saw this response as well.. NO IT SHOULDN'T. IF 29 WAS MEANT TO BE OK IT'D BE LISTED AS A LEVEL 29 QUEST.

29=29

32=32

32-29 = 3 - you notice the level difference there? How 29 and 32 aren't the same level and content intended to require level 32 does in no way mean it's 'ok for a level 29'.

All went right over your head. :rolleyes:

Having just done a suggested level 31 quest ending with a 31 boss, a 32 quest should end with a 32 boss. Up the suggested level. A quest color coded in Orange, is doable. Had they labeled it as 34, it would have been Red, Indicating you need to go level up some more before wasting your time clearing to him. Guess no sense wasting my time explaining any further to someone who can't get something so simple. Clearly, you're the type of player that can't do quest till it's green to you.

Just did it at 31 by the way. Extremely easy when I can get an interrupt off unresistant.

Edited by Kourage

• 2 weeks later...
Having just done a suggested level 31 quest ending with a 31 boss, a 32 quest should end with a 32 boss.

Funny, I don't remember reading that in any of the rules I've seen.

The quest level is based on the level your character should be when you do the quest, not the max level of the mob's in the quest. You might not typically see mob's of higher level then the quest level, but that doesn't mean you will never see anything higher level or that because a quest is listed as being lvl 32 that means you can't have a boss that's higher then lvl 32.

All went right over your head. :rolleyes:

Pot, kettle, black.

Having just done a suggested level 31 quest ending with a 31 boss, a 32 quest should end with a 32 boss.

Dude, stop. You're just making yourself look worse and worse.

I was able to solo him at 36, I did all the bonus series and regular missions on each planet with no space missions or pvp, so you can reach a level that will increase the chance victory. The thing is that even going at him at 36 victory is not 100%. I missed the chance to interrupt in my first two attempts and then got it right on the third. I'm not saying you need to be way over recommended level, but interrupt is the key. The reason interrupts fail is because you are under level for the encounter. If you reach the same level as an enemy the rate of interrupt success goes way up. Boss battles are always more about strategy then anything else. Interrupt is your friend and should be used appropriately. Vivicar isn't the last Boss you'll want to interrupt and the strategy will also cross classes, as many other classes have similar boss battles where interrupt is key.

I don't think Vivicar needs to be adjusted at all. You just need to gain a few levels to increase the proc rate for your interrupts to work. Trust me when I say finally beating him at his current difficulty will feel like such a great accomplishment that you won't want him to change.

All the other mobs in his ship are level 30, even the gold elites. To make me fight my way all the way to the end to find out the last boss is 34 is ridiculous.

No its not, its an MMO. Put down the baby bottle and level.

Edited by Kellorion

They're level 30 because there's more of them. And it's a boss stage, they're not the focus - you're meant to be able to carve through them Obi-Wan style before having the actual fight on the bridge.

Go and level, for the last time.

Lord Vivicar is one of the hardest fights in the game. That does not mean that he needs to be nerfed. He is one of those fights that when you DO figure out how to beat him, it will become easy to repeat. Not to mention that once you get a handle on Lord Vivicar, you can pretty much handle anything else in the game.

I honestly don't see why people think Lord Vivcar was such a hard fight.

I have a 50 sage and 40 shadow that I just breezed through Vivicar with. For my sage, I just used Tharan and just kited him around until he died while getting healed. It was very easy actually, and even easier on my Shadow. I used Tharan again on my shadow tank (at the time), and just wore him down. Simple as that. At both times I was level 33.

If you ask me, I think this fight should be harder. Then again, the hardest boss for me in the game was the inquisitor's last boss. So I suppose it differs on each player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.