Rated Warzones and their delay

Terelius

Within 24 hours of release in 1.2, it was mentioned that Rated/Cross server warzones would not be up. What were they thinking, this is an old topic but, this really bugged me. Really? Within 24 hours they just mentioned this. So it took all the way till within the day of the patch releasing, somebody just said "Oh, its not ready."

Was there a reason behind this late notification? Did they want people to renew their subscriptions?(obviously)

I was really looking forward to this, especially for low population servers, that was their saving grace. Cross server PvP, not legacy system should have been a priority in my opinion.

I will not say this game is failing or anything because I dont have to but, I really wanted to love this game, I really wanted to enjoy it for a long time. I put my faith into it, levelled two characters to 50 and a third to 41, even explored both PVP and PVE. Im sorry but, my patience for this game has ended.

I will not finish this by promoting another game but, I have thought about it and my involvement in SWTOR for now has officially ended.

Time to sit back and see if any changes are made to revive this game which many people placed their faith in.

Here is what I think.

It has nothing to do with rated Warzones.

People are just complaining and begging for things that won't matter once it is here.

Once Bioware gives people the "rated warzones", people will be begging and complaining for something else.

More than likely about how "rateds" aren't fair or how the system isn't balanced.

Now people are talking about "rated arenas"...

How long are rated warzones going to keep you happy? What's so different about rated?

Normal warzones are not much different than "rated" will be.

Same skill-less class based PvP. Same looking gear. Same boring PvP system.

People need to face the facts. And those facts are:

This. Is. Not. WoW. / / / SWTOR pvp isn't even on Warhammers level...it's not even on Champions Online level...

The PvP is terrible and needs to be reworked all together.

Edited by Tiaa

I was really looking forward to this, especially for low population servers, that was their saving grace. Cross server PvP, not legacy system should have been a priority in my opinion.

This ^

Cross-server WZ makes the pool large enough to prevent short starts and makes it so that you don't get stuck winning/losing all night long depending who is online.

Well heres the thing they were the ones that said rated warzones were coming not me. To be honest i want open world pvp fixed more then rated warzones. However a lie is a lie. So just as we were told a 100vs100 in ilum and we were told "we have the best pvp team" which both have turned out to not be the case the people have a right to complain. Overall if you want better pvp its not going to be here sadly i wish it was more then anything but when you have arogant people who dont understand thier own game and spend thier time lying and doing interviews misrepresenting the game even more what can you do as a customer? Id like to say the truth but its not allowed here so....

Gw2 and elder scrolls online mmo will prob launch before rated warzones at this point. I hope im wrong lol but i doubt it

Yeah i dont understand why legacy was launched before server transfers? Most people cant even afford the legacy crap and the stuff you really want is "coming soon" meanwhile my friends are hedar soongh are telling me thiers 5 people on fleet primetime last night and they cant even que up 1 warzones and we have healthy servers mr james ohlen?

Server transfers should have been the number 1 priority above EVERYTHING else. When your on a dead server making more toons is pointless. If you think about it the legacy caused more of an issue with server transfers to. They would have done better to get server transfers going then legacy now people who messed with legacy are screwed over moving now if they do lol.

This ^

Cross-server WZ makes the pool large enough to prevent short starts and makes it so that you don't get stuck winning/losing all night long depending who is online.

Whether they do something about it now or later, damage has already been done. Yes, server transfers would have been nice, rated CROSS server queues would have been nice but, I think it can be agreed that legacy system definitely could have been on hold a little longer over these pressing matters.