New member checking in

Kframe

Well i just subscribed and am patching the game right now. I cant believe how BIG this game is, i have downloaded like 15gigs of crap on the patcher already and it is only a quarter of the way threw the patching bar... Good thing i have a half terabit hardrive..

Anyways, Im trying to plan my class, and want to be something that i feel will be needed. Which leads me to the counsaler. I know that most MMORPG have a distinct lack of healers and buffers which this class so seams to be. My questions is, and this is the only thing i ask for my own selfish desires. Is there a way to set up a consular to be a effective healer and do some damage to opponents pve and pvp(if i ever do that )? I know that ill always be a healer and buffer first, and that takes precident over all other things. Its just that i know that there will be opportunities for me to at least participate in the death of something pve or pvp with some dmg skills. IS such a set up possible??

Thanks for helping a newb out guys. I wanted to play tonight but, it will likely take all night to patch, and thats sad considering how strong my connection is...

I've maxed out my Seer tree (the healing skill tree for the Sage), and spent only 4 points total so far in the other two trees...you still have a handful of good combat skills. Project, Telekinetic Throw, Disturbance, Mind Crush, Weaken Mind, and Forcequake let you deal decent damage. You're not going to be getting many solo kills in PvP, but it's enough for you to defend yourself or help an ally finish off an enemy.

As a healer, you pretty much have to invest fully into healing. There are too many skills at higher levels of the Seer tree to justify sacrificing those skill points to a damage tree. The very top Seer tree ability is a very nice AoE heal. If you invest all your points into the Seer tree at first, the very earliest you can get this ability is level 40, which leaves you 10 more skill points to spread out wherever you like.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feed back. I knew from prior experiance that I wouldnt be a doing a ton of dmg, but just wanted to be able to contribute to the dmg a little here and there hehe..

This aoe heal, what is its usefullness in pvp? What are the circumstances of its use in PVE?

Ok, need advice on some things guys.. I just hit lvl 4 and went to the trainer. I hope i didnt just fark my self skill point wise.. The trainer had a list of items i could pay her to train. Force wave(awesome) force lift, project,teleketic throw, and double strike rank 2. I bought the whole list. Should i have not trained double strike rank 2? When i trained double strike rank 2 it said i had learned droid strike, but saw no droid strike skill in my skill list?

Any help is appreciated guys.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feed back. I knew from prior experiance that I wouldnt be a doing a ton of dmg, but just wanted to be able to contribute to the dmg a little here and there hehe..

This aoe heal, what is its usefullness in pvp? What are the circumstances of its use in PVE?

The AoE heal is quite useful. It has a relatively high Force cost compared to your other heals (100 Force, the others are between 40 and 55), but it's the only way to heal multiple allies at once. It can be cast anywhere on the ground that you choose, within 30 meters of yourself. Once you set your target location, it has a brief activation timer, and then every ally standing within the circle gets a pretty good amount of healing over 10 seconds. It's pretty useful in PvP, because there are a lot of situations in which you have multiple allies clustered around an objective.

Ok, need advice on some things guys.. I just hit lvl 4 and went to the trainer. I hope i didnt just fark my self skill point wise.. The trainer had a list of items i could pay her to train. Force wave(awesome) force lift, project,teleketic throw, and double strike rank 2. I bought the whole list. Should i have not trained double strike rank 2? When i trained double strike rank 2 it said i had learned droid strike, but saw no droid strike skill in my skill list?

Any help is appreciated guys.

My question is, tho is training the skills to a new rank, the same as the skills on the advanced class skill trees?

The skills that you buy from your trainer are class skills. Your skill tree skills cost no money; only skill points that you get every time you level up.

Thankyou for clarifying that for me. Man that Aoe heal sounds like it would be nice in large group situations.

I am kinda diggin the consaler, sure i only get 2 saber strikes but thats ok. If i could write a character bio i would say im adept at the lightsaber but far more skilled in using the force. I know enough to use the saber for basic self defense and not kill my self.

Thankyou for clarifying that for me. Man that Aoe heal sounds like it would be nice in large group situations.

I am kinda diggin the consaler, sure i only get 2 saber strikes but thats ok. If i could write a character bio i would say im adept at the lightsaber but far more skilled in using the force. I know enough to use the saber for basic self defense and not kill my self.

Yep, that's pretty much it. The Sage is a long-range class. If you want lightsaber combat, there's the Jedi Sentinel, Guardian and Shadow.

Ok dumb question, but what is this hard mode everyone is talking about? I havnt seen any options regarding hard mode?? I am playing on what ever the game installs with, and have a heck a challange. Lots of fun tho..

Ok dumb question, but what is this hard mode everyone is talking about? I havnt seen any options regarding hard mode?? I am playing on what ever the game installs with, and have a heck a challange. Lots of fun tho..

Once you reach level 50, the flashpoints (4-man dungeons) and operations (8 or 16 man raids) have different difficulty levels. That is what people are referring too. Everything is the same difficulty level until then.

Unlike some other games, the stats that boost your healing will also boost your damage. I haven't looked over the Sage's healing tree in any detail, but many healing classes have abilities that boost their damage in their tree. In large part this is just to make it feasible to level up as a healer, but there's often an expectation that if everybody is in good-shape healthwise, the healer can and should chip in with some damage or crowd-control. Of course, your first priority is keeping everyone alive, but you'll still be able to chip in a bit in some cases.

Edited by amantheil