Clone Trooper armor

futureshocker

When will you be able to unlock real clone trooper armor?
Hopefully never.

Let me explain that one.

Having Clone Trooper Armor show up in Galaxies at least made some sense: the game was set before and DURING the Original Trilogy, therefore Clone Trooper Armor would still be reasonably easy to find, if only on the black markets.

To have legit Clone Trooper Armor pop up in-game over 3000 years before Dooku wiped Kamino off the Galaxy Map would be a complete break with the timeline and story...unless we somehow get time travel into Star Wars, which would suck beyond anything, short of Meet the Spartans.

If by "clone trooper" armor you mean the kind of armor that all your squadmates in Havoc Squad and all the Republic Troopers are wearing at Fort Garnik, then you get most of it on Taris, and the chest piece on Nar Shadaa. That's what happened with me at least. You can buy a helmet for lots of credits on Taris too.

Eventually it looks like this.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x399/darkshogun417/swtor2012-05-0320-25-05-15.jpg

Hopefully never.

Let me explain that one.

Having Clone Trooper Armor show up in Galaxies at least made some sense: the game was set before and DURING the Original Trilogy, therefore Clone Trooper Armor would still be reasonably easy to find, if only on the black markets.

To have legit Clone Trooper Armor pop up in-game over 3000 years before Dooku wiped Kamino off the Galaxy Map would be a complete break with the timeline and story...unless we somehow get time travel into Star Wars, which would suck beyond anything, short of Meet the Spartans.

I meant like what havok squad has.

Lol so the armor that is currently in game isnt similar enough to the clone and storm troopers?

there is no need to have a clone trooper armor since is basicaly already in game. Not the same but very similar.

Have you seen the lvl 40 pvp armor, on the pvp vendor for instance?

Edited by Spartanik

The Transparisteel Onslaught armor is very "clone trooperish". You get it from Tatooine.

The moddable parts are obtained as follows:

[Heroic 2+] Pirate Bullies = Legs

[Heroic 2+] The Long Goodbye = Chest

[Heroic 4] Search and Rescue = Head

The Thing Czerka Found (not repeatable) = Gloves

The Boots, Bracers and Belt that you pick up from other quests are not moddable.

I liked the look so much that I equiped all of my Havoc squad in it. :)

Since the gloves are unique, I ended up getting a pair of RD-14A Scout Gauntlets for all of my companions. They are random drops from Tatooine and you can normally pick them up for a decent price from the GTN. They are identical to the Transparisteel Onslaught Gauntlets with the exception of having a yellow "stripe" instead of a black stripe. It actually looks cool: I have the black stripe and my subordinates the yellow ;).

For the boots, I bought the Rampage Assault Boots from the Commendation Vendor on Alderaan (for me and my companions... what a grind :cool:). They are Jedi boots so I needed to remod them with Aim, but it was well worth it. The color scheme goes perfectly with the Transparisteel Onslaught set and they look great.

The set is easy to acquire and, depending on your level, easily soloable. Go check it out.

• 3 months later...
Well, by the time I finished Coruscant and I already have really troopery armour. The only piece I am missing is a helmet (I did get a chance to get the first trooper helmet but it wasn't as good as my Jedi headband ;)). I have some trooper armour with the Havoc Squad symbol and red markings instead of orange (however, i think I prefer the red) and then I got some Trandoshan Desh equipment, unified the colur and... VOILA! I had a ****** looking trooper. :cool:

• 4 months later...
Hopefully never.

Let me explain that one.

short of the fact that u said time travel does not exist in swtor truthfully it does through the expanded universe and the books including that lost tribe of the sith BS it shows that the Omen and some other ship who's name escapes me crashed into each other just as they went to light speed to escape a attacking jedi fighter

full post here

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Harbinger_%28Sith_dreadnaught%29