Star Wars Day and Saving $25 - Why not free upgrade?

So, if you can buy the games with a $25 discount, why not give the digital upgrade from Standard to Deluxe for free considering it's only $20 and is now cheaper then what I bought the Standard for in the first place? Edited by AngelBullock

So, if you can buy the games with a $25 discount, why not give the digital upgrade from Standard to Deluxe for free considering it's only $20 and is now cheaper then what I bought the Standard for in the first place?

Giving you a free upgrade makes them no money. Gaining a new sub does.

So, if you can buy the games with a $25 discount, why not give the digital upgrade from Standard to Deluxe for free considering it's only $20 and is now cheaper then what I bought the Standard for in the first place?

This is like asking a car dealer to give you a deal on an upgrade they offered you five months ago before you bought the car. It's like "Hey I want a free upgrade to shiny instead of normal because five months ago I bought this from you. See! That guy just bought a new one today and he gets the upgrade cheaper than before!"

Nor does the upgrade lose any.

Thing is they give you $25 its just gone. They talk someone into buying the game not only do they get the money for the game but also hopefully at least 3-4 months of sub fees. Potentially years of sub fees.

Why is everybody making a big deal over the sale price? That would be like buying a game when it's new, then going back in a few months when the price has gone down and asking for a refund.

If you bought an Xbox 360, then 4 months down the line xbox has a bundle with a game, do you go ask for the game you didn't get with your xbox?

Edited by Dejoule

Why is everybody making a big deal over the sale price? That would be like buying a game when it's new, then going back in a few months when the price has gone down and asking for a refund.

If you bought an Xbox 360, then 4 months down the line xbox has a bundle with a game, do you go ask for the game you didn't get with your xbox?

Also its a one day sale.

Also its a one day sale.

2 days, it ends on the 6th, so it'll last the 4th and 5th...

As for the topic, nothing's free with this game, heck, I'm still waiting for them to improve the VIP/collector stores...

How would the upgrade be silly being that it's only a few extra items in the mail? lol

Well, for one, because giving away things you sell completely for free is a bad move in general.

Look at it this way- They give out the upgrades for free. That means that it is absolutely, 100% guaranteed that they will NEVER sell a digital upgrade to these people. On the other hand, if they were to *discount* the price, they'd maintain the possibility of future sales, *and* entice people that wouldn't buy otherwise into getting it.

Edited by Liokae

And for a business designed to make money, good PR helps them. Curious though, do you have the Standard or Deluxe?

I bought the collectors edition. Good PR isnt giving stuff away. In fact everytime they do give something people insist it is proof the game is dead. Discounting the base edition to get people into the game is making money not losing it.

I also think that whenever the Ford Dealership I bought my Mustang from 5 years ago has a sale on new Mustangs, they should upgrade mine for free, that or give me the difference in cost as some of the newer Mustangs have features which are now standard that I had to pay extra for ...