The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best way 2 deal with mara/sent

STRIKE_MAN_DOWN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23. Stun him when he uses UR, Stun him when he uses ravage, Stun him when he uses his reflect, don't fill his resolve though.

As a sage.

We dont have that many stuns. Unfortunatley. We do however have roots.

Keep distance, root, try and watch the buffs/debuffs on maras bar. Keep an eye on resolve, keep them slowed and kite them. If you want to keep them slowed you wil have to face them from time to time, do this when you use root, and throw on another weaken mind. You can use your pebble spam to slow and dps him, maybe throw a project his way now and again, but the trouble is if you stop to use pebble spam you need to be some distance and a mara is good at closing distance, however as you will know this is the only way to get a proc - save that proc for mind crush - dont waste it on disturbance, when hes got both your dots use force in balance - the extra 10 ticks will cause alot more damage. Save your knockback but be aware it also adds to resolve. Watch for cop and undying rage - either stun them before they about to pop ur, good if theres a few of you about or stun them during its duration and get some distance. Kite repeat. Use los - pillars etc. Works against the majority of rerollers - most likely a gear imbalance or because they just dont know the class that well. You will never beat a mara staying in melee range, and therse a good chance resolve will be high anyway so dont use any large cc until the right time - you have an option as a dps sage (depending on your spec) to go with the aoe mezz shield breaking damage stun and/or the knockback aoe stun, or the sever force roots. Personally I prefer sever force roots, since i think 10 31 is a better build for damage now, the only problem being force starvation - but it does give you alot of control 1v1.

The best maras won't let a sage get the upperhand though as it is one of the anti-class of sages and if they time their abilities correctly they will eat them alive. I dont see many dps sages at all anymore though. I guess some found the changes too much.

Edited by PloGreen

A lot of funny posts. But seriously, people have trouble with Maras/Sents? Like for real? Because I've never died to one. At all, zero, across all my characters. Yeah, after 1.2 their damage and survivability went up decently, to the point where I have to use maybe one major cool down against them. Though before 1.2 I could walk around with one of them attacking me laughing at the zero to no damage I'm taking and then press one button and they die. And no this wasn't as a tank. I lol at Maras/Sents as a Deception Assassin, Vengeance Juggernaut, and Medicine Operative. Never had any issues with them at all.

ohh suprise you play the 3 counters to maras and wonder why you have no trouble with them