Being charged for removing mods from Armor

Frigomortis

Why is there a credit charge for removing (armoring, mods,enhancements, and augments) from armor pieces ?

We can't resell them they are bound items

So what is the resoning for charging people to remove them ?

They can't explain it right now.....

So it costs me 231,000 credits to swap out ONE set of mods for a chest piece! LOL...so much fail BW

(~33k/rakata mod and ~44k/blakhole mod)*3

I took the old mods out so I can put it back for my companions. Seemed like a waste to throw them away.

Its a money sink plain and simple . Nothing wrong with that its part of these games . More of an issue is why rakkata gear is grayed out and not part of the set bonus. when applied to a chest piece to get a cosmetic look Edited by Fanforran

Why is there a credit charge for removing (armoring, mods,enhancements, and augments) from armor pieces ?

We can't resell them they are bound items

So what is the resoning for charging people to remove them ?

I tend to use the old ones on companion gear if I have anyone who's gear is compatible . . .

I don't understand why relatively useless low-level mods have such relatively high extraction costs, too. It's one thing on high-level mods - it makes no sense to have extraction costs to be relatively impractical vs. destroying the slot for low level stuff you get 1-50. Edited by jgelling