Sith Marauder... More like Sith Bard.

Kodokai

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone seems to be having such huge problems with the marauder.

I'm currently level 26, and i kill everything i encounter with little, to no problems.

I'm playing the Carnage spec, with the Atura form, and it kill everything.

Ps. I only use Vette as my companion. who have been dressed up fully in PVP gear.

I don't know why everyone seems to be having such huge problems with the marauder.

I'm currently level 26, and i kill everything i encounter with little, to no problems.

I'm playing the Carnage spec, with the Atura form, and it kill everything.

Ps. I only use Vette as my companion. who have been dressed up fully in PVP gear.

It's my personal opinion, but i think marauders have been robbed of some of the most iconic jedi/sith abilities. Wish i actually looked through the swtor database before choosing my AC :D

Really curious what goes through Biowares mind during development process. Raidbuffbot inc

Edited by Kodokai

honestly i hate to say that but if you guys think the marauder has issues it is probably because of you not doint something right , i understand it can seem weak if you don't play it right , but play a bit with it.

Also as for the marauder being a bard engame i think sir you are mistaken , it will probably be the main dps or very close to be.

honestly i hate to say that but if you guys think the marauder has issues it is probably because of you not doint something right , i understand it can seem weak if you don't play it right , but play a bit with it.

Also as for the marauder being a bard engame i think sir you are mistaken , it will probably be the main dps or very close to be.

No one is debating late game DPS, i was more stressing that we look more like a buff AC than anything else atm. imo mara's are missing out of some of the most iconic moves, makes little sense to me.

Force Push > Jug only

Force Pull > Assassin only.

Edited by Kodokai

imo you see the half empty glass let me tell you of some of the 'iconic and unique' moves ( pvp player so pvp centric & annihilation ) :

> cloak of pain, coupled with saber ward you are basicaly almost impossible to kill during 12 seconds , i 1v2'd a few times without issues with it , 1v1 you kill a guy without going under 80% hp yourself.

> force camouflage : can't tell you how many time it saved me , and surprised my attackers, allowed me to escape to the heal buff come back and kill them.

> Heal debuff : no need to explain

> obfuscate : 6 second almost guarantied misses for your target

> 4 second interrupt and silence on a 6 second cooldown

> Undying rage : invicible for a few seconds ? allows your healer to dump heals on you or run these last few meters of huttball when u got 8 people on your back.

> mad self heals from dot crits and berserk

> 12 sec cd charge with no minimum range = very mobile

> VERY high fury buildup , in pve i can build 30 stacks every 1,5 pack of 3 mobs.

> very good rage generation

I haven't documented all the classes and they surely have something unique as well , i've been wanting to roll a marauder and nothing else since the begining and I was a bit worried about all the stories i hear but now that i have a successfull experience with it i must disagree, it is a late bloomer and not as easy to play as certain classes , but if you want easy mode just go and roll such a class.

Of course playing with friends allow you to enjoy the game better and play your class in the best conditions , but pple don't tell me i bring buffs to the table when i do 200k+ dmg in a voidstar match , while doing 40k heals as well .

Surely someone will put some videos up one day that will make people think differently of the class.

imo you see the half empty glass let me tell you of some of the 'iconic and unique' moves ( pvp player so pvp centric & annihilation ) :

> cloak of pain, coupled with saber ward you are basicaly almost impossible to kill during 12 seconds , i 1v2'd a few times without issues with it , 1v1 you kill a guy without going under 80% hp yourself.

> force camouflage : can't tell you how many time it saved me , and surprised my attackers, allowed me to escape to the heal buff come back and kill them.

> Heal debuff : no need to explain

> obfuscate : 6 second almost guarantied misses for your target

> 4 second interrupt and silence on a 6 second cooldown

> Undying rage : invicible for a few seconds ? allows your healer to dump heals on you or run these last few meters of huttball when u got 8 people on your back.

> mad self heals from dot crits and berserk

> 12 sec cd charge with no minimum range = very mobile

> VERY high fury buildup , in pve i can build 30 stacks every 1,5 pack of 3 mobs.

> very good rage generation

I haven't documented all the classes and they surely have something unique as well , i've been wanting to roll a marauder and nothing else since the begining and I was a bit worried about all the stories i hear but now that i have a successfull experience with it i must disagree, it is a late bloomer and not as easy to play as certain classes , but if you want easy mode just go and roll such a class.

Of course playing with friends allow you to enjoy the game better and play your class in the best conditions , but pple don't tell me i bring buffs to the table when i do 200k+ dmg in a voidstar match , while doing 40k heals as well .

Surely someone will put some videos up one day that will make people think differently of the class.

+1 agree completly, marauders are fine (but i do think carnage is lacking compared to the other 2) - just hard to play, but if you figure them out, they are a beast to play with

Edited by Majinr

No one is debating late game DPS, i was more stressing that we look more like a buff AC than anything else atm. imo mara's are missing out of some of the most iconic moves, makes little sense to me.

Force Push > Jug only

Force Pull > Assassin only.

We have 2 group buffs that cannot be used simultaneously, we are far from a buff class.

Edited by JustinxDuff

Gimp? Not even close, have you even played to 50?

The devs have said that they want getting to 50 fun, getting to 50 is not fun on mara.

I have to so over twink my guy just to be on par with everyone else. This class is trash right now, and the revamp buffs did nothing for it.

The devs have said that they want getting to 50 fun, getting to 50 is not fun on mara.

I have to so over twink my guy just to be on par with everyone else. This class is trash right now, and the revamp buffs did nothing for it.

You're playing the class wrong then if this is how you feel because it couldn't be farther from reality.

You're playing the class wrong then if this is how you feel because it couldn't be farther from reality.

Ok so my wife who specs healer can kill things faster and take more punishment.

People on my server and in my guild are saying the same thing. This class is only good for the single buff it gives, and maybe it will shine at higher level, but I really don't care when getting to higher level is not fun. I'm a glass cannon without the cannon part. I don't feel like a sith warrior. I feel like a paper bag and it is only getting worse as I level.

Ok so my wife who specs healer can kill things faster and take more punishment.

People on my server and in my guild are saying the same thing. This class is only good for the single buff it gives, and maybe it will shine at higher level, but I really don't care when getting to higher level is not fun. I'm a glass cannon without the cannon part. I don't feel like a sith warrior. I feel like a paper bag and it is only getting worse as I level.

You are saying that a healer spec'd class is killing faster then your Mara? I don't see how that is possible, you must be doing something wrong. If you really think his class is only good for the buff we give then you are sorely mistaken, just re-roll...it doesn't sound like this class is for you.

You are saying that a healer spec'd class is killing faster then your Mara? I don't see how that is possible, you must be doing something wrong. If you really think his class is only good for the buff we give then you are sorely mistaken, just re-roll...it doesn't sound like this class is for you.

Im going to re-roll but a range class has more defense and damage than a mara. The class is trash, and I won't be inviting them into my groups until level 50. They are a waste of space at lower levels.

Im going to re-roll but a range class has more defense and damage than a mara. The class is trash, and I won't be inviting them into my groups until level 50. They are a waste of space at lower levels.

While I respect your opinion Mara's that are played well are not a hindrance to a group in PvE or PvP. I got my Mara to 50 in beta and I am 30 in live right now, I can tell you that the class is not broken and it provides a ton of utility for the group aside from our fury buffs.

I love my Marauder. I'm anni spec'd and have no problems running multiple mobs down in a fight. Rolling dots is fun.

I played a Sith Assassin in Beta and I found it a bit boring. If I didn't get behind the mob I felt my dps was lacking. I also have no problems doing dps in flashpoints. Since I have no aggro mechanics besides raw damage, it's nice to know that if I beat on a mob I can hold threat against my guildie Assassin who's just spamming Maul and other abilities and the mob just stays glued to me. Let's me know I'm doing things right. =)

And I love running around with my healbot Quinn. So little downtime as I can run through multiple packs of regulars w/out needing to med and can easily take two elites at a time. We don't have much CC, we're built almost primarily for DPS... that's how it works. Nothing wrong with that for me.

Yeah, perhaps several of you who are upset did pick the wrong class. The game hasn't been out a week. Plenty of time to reroll!

Hey biboonz, I'm only lvl 15 Marauder and I'm liking the class so far, but could you please post your build? I'd love to see how you're doing it because i'm pretty clueless about making builds. Thanks!

Edit: Can anyone using annihilation build and being successful with it post their build for me to check out?

Edited by JohnFante

I went carnage, up to lv 20 now.. and I've had no issues. What's the problem guys??

Same here, almost 20 and taking elites solo and as many as 6 lvl 18/19 mobs alone with lots of health to spare. Against force wielding trash I do suffer a little but I can still hold my own. I will say that gear made a huge difference for me. We appear to be very stat oriented early in levels. Curious if maybe you guys are just sitting at an unbalanced point in progression?