Whats with the silence this week ?

Nyteblades

So i have noticed the dev tracker hasnt had much in the way of updates or posts this week. As well as Stephen and james twitters being dead zones. Whats with the silence i wonder? Maybe they working on something big? Maybe they finishing up transfers?

Or maybe they just dont have any answers or know what to say to the outpoor of people asking for them to step up and get things on track. I dont know either way, But reguardless this is exactly what people mean when they say bioware needs to start communicating more. And letting players know what the hell is going on to fix the wasteland servers, And many other issues/bugs in the game.

This game is good with potential to be great. But some of thier choices and the very low lvl of communication, Along with the population problems and pvp blunders is choking the life out of the game slowly.

It isnt a whine post its not a sky is falling post either. And like it or hate it dosnt change the fact the things i mentioned are very real issues facing and holding the game back. I truley hope the game levels out and becomes what it very well has the potnetial to be.

But untill they wake up realize hideing behind soons, maybes, half truths, And flashy videos isnt going to fix the problems the game faces. As well as keeping the community more informed its only going to get worse rather than better.

Edited by Nyteblades

No news is good news? I dunno.

I would like to think so but im not real hopefull either. I mean i seen on james ohlens twitter asking what new planet we would like to see? REALY?? Hell id be happy just seeing people on the planets we already have in game.

I know they have to look to the future projects and things. But they seriouslyneed to tend to the problems at hand first.

The neediness of mmo players cracks me up. Just yesterday this was posted on the dev tracker seeking input:

"Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is looking for your feedback on the game's development once again. This week he's looking out to the stars... and the planets of the Star Wars universe..."

The neediness of mmo players cracks me up. Just yesterday this was posted on the dev tracker seeking input:

"Hello everyone! James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic, is looking for your feedback on the game's development once again. This week he's looking out to the stars... and the planets of the Star Wars universe..."

I dont care when it was posted it could have been 5 minutes ago and wouldnt change the fact instead of asking about crap we wont see for another year or so. Why not address the issues at hand...

They are probably having some meetings on the future direction of this game, and whether they should scale down/up the resources allocated for content development. They don't want to announce too much before the management can come to a conclusion.

They are probably having some meetings on the future direction of this game, and whether they should scale down/up the resources allocated for content development. They don't want to announce too much before the management can come to a conclusion.

Well lets hope if thats the case they scale it up or atleast keep the resourses the same. And learn to be more informative as well as timely.

So i have noticed the dev tracker hasnt had much in the way of updates or posts this week. As well as Stephen and james twitters being dead zones. Whats with the silence i wonder? Maybe they working on something big? Maybe they finishing up transfers?

Or maybe they just dont have any answers or know what to say to the outpoor of people asking for them to step up and get things on track. I dont know either way, But reguardless this is exactly what people mean when they say bioware needs to start communicating more. And letting players know what the hell is going on to fix the wasteland servers, And many other issues/bugs in the game.

This game is good with potential to be great. But some of thier choices and the very low lvl of communication, Along with the population problems and pvp blunders is choking the life out of the game slowly.

It isnt a whine post its not a sky is falling post either. And like it or hate it dosnt change the fact the things i mentioned are very real issues facing and holding the game back. I truley hope the game levels out and becomes what it very well has the potnetial to be.

But untill they wake up realize hideing behind soons, maybes, half truths, And flashy videos isnt going to fix the problems the game faces. As well as keeping the community more informed its only going to get worse rather than better.

Or maybe because the community freaks out if a date range is given for something that moves so they can’t talk about upcoming time frames, and the community freaks out if a project is mentioned that end up not making the cut for the next update so they can’t say anything about plans because the community is not mature enough to handle is, so they just keep fairly quiet as the community demands they do

Or maybe because the community freaks out if a date range is given for something that moves so they can’t talk about upcoming time frames, and the community freaks out if a project is mentioned that end up not making the cut for the next update so they can’t say anything about plans because the community is not mature enough to handle is, so they just keep fairly quiet as the community demands they do

Then I would agree if they cant make the cut then dont mention them. Why tell about something they know will probably not make the cut. Such as ranked warzones. It was to pick up subs thats all.

But they could very well give information on the transfer issues or several other issues thats hindering the game.

They just choose not to. And im sorry if you feel your not mature enough to handle disapoinments or information pertaining to issues at hand.

But that dosnt mean myself or others arn't as well. People have been asking for better communication and more timely fixes since beta and i for one believe its high time they listened.

Edited by Nyteblades

Are we looking at the same dev tracker? I see them responding to the Bounty Hunter community, them asking for expansion ideas, clarifications on the GTN, bug recognitions, policy clarifications, patch 1.2 feedback, all within the past couple of days.

What exactly are you looking for / expecting?

Edited by KrittaB

You know the more i think about it the more i think i understand.

I believe my problem is ,I have been a huge star wars fan since i seen the original playing on the big screen. And a bioware fan for years . And when i heard the 2 was merging for an mmo i was estatic i couldnt wait to play it.

Then after playing it i was even more excited. I knew in beta yea there was some problems but all games have that they will fix it im sure. But the problem is alot of the things they havnt fixed yet. They burried it under fluff and flash hoping it wouldnt get noticed.

This game could be the top mmo ever put out if they would just learn to own up mistakes rather than fluffing them. And put out timely fixes,Transfers and content. 1.2 was nice but it Didnt realy fix any of the huge issues.

And the one major issue holding the game down is server numbers. if they would fix that it would go along ways in overall game exsperince for alot of people.

I guess what bothers me is i wanted so much and exspected just as much for this game to be the wonder it should be. And it realy could be if they would just confront the issues at hand and leave the fluff for pillows and filler patches.

Are we looking at the same dev tracker? I see them responding to the Bounty Hunter community, them asking for expansion ideas, clarifications on the GTN, bug recognitions, policy clarifications, patch 1.2 feedback, all within the past couple of days.

What exactly am i looking for?? Im looking for them to adress the server population issues. Im looking for them to update us on how ranked Wz is comeing along. I am looking for them to address the thousands of posts begging for a reason to keep playing on a dead server.

I am looking for them to stop asking about chit that isnt going to be seen for another year or so untill after the issues thats choking the game are fixed.

And i understand it takes time ,But during that time i am looking for regular updates on the progression of the fixes for these issues.

Thats exactly what im looking for nothing more nothing less.

I think he's just one of those players.

You know the more i think about it the more i think i understand.

I believe my problem is ,I have been a huge star wars fan since i seen the original playing on the big screen. And a bioware fan for years . And when i heard the 2 was merging for an mmo i was estatic i couldnt wait to play it.

Then after playing it i was even more excited. I knew in beta yea there was some problems but all games have that they will fix it im sure. But the problem is alot of the things they havnt fixed yet. They burried it under fluff and flash hoping it wouldnt get noticed.

This game could be the top mmo ever put out if they would just learn to own up mistakes rather than fluffing them. And put out timely fixes,Transfers and content. 1.2 was nice but it Didnt realy fix any of the huge issues.

And the one major issue holding the game down is server numbers. if they would fix that it would go along ways in overall game exsperince for alot of people.

I guess what bothers me is i wanted so much and exspected just as much for this game to be the wonder it should be. And it realy could be if they would just confront the issues at hand and leave the fluff for pillows and filler patches.

You have a very misinformed view of how game development works I guess.

Different teams work on different projects within the game, and the teams cannot be merged. The team working on the legacy system should not be touching things that have to do with PVP. On top of that, some systems are a lot more complex than others and the lead time to fix them is longer.

When you see them adding "fluff" to the game, it isn't to try and cover up their larger issues. That's not how this works. Just because the legacy system was put in place before server transfers hardly means that one is more important than the other. The systems roll out as they're finished, and the transfer system is a hell of a lot more complex than the legacy system (though transfer system is made more complex BECAUSE of the legacy system). The legacy system had been in development for a long time, they'd been referencing it since 2009 if I recall.

They HAVE been fixing issues and rolling out content quickly. Since launch, some major improvements have been made.

2 new flashpoints

1.5 new operations

1 new warzone

performance increase on all systems

customizable UI

match to chest

ability delay dramatically improved

warzone queues reduced due to same faction warzones

end game crafting has been completely revamped

a kick *** world event

hi-res textures

GTN improvements

Legacy system with new species/class combos

Plus more bug fixes than any of us could count

We've received all of that in 4 months. We know server transfers are coming soon, probably with 1.3, which will probably be in early June. We know ranked warzones and 8 man cross-server queuing are coming before that.

I think he's just one of those players.

Your more right than you know i am one of those players. One of those that isnt blinded by flash and fluff. I am one of those that wont blindly follow or twittle my thumbs and hope for the best.

I am one of those players that isnt afraid to ask them what the hell they was thinking.

I am one of those players that wants to see the game do good and hopes they wake up and realize they way they doing things now is only hurting that.

Thats the kind of player i am. Like me or hate me dosnt change the fact of it.

Greetings everyone,

We know that our community is very interested to hear new information about what the developers are planning for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Associate Online Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez recently addressed player concerns about developer communication:

Originally Posted by Gaje

...but i do expect to see the community relations team take some issues to the Dev team...

This is what we do on a daily basis here in the office. Our community representatives give us daily reports on top issues and we investigate them and bring them up to our development team. When we have a solution or some information to post, we make sure to update any major forum threads related to the issue.

There is very little info about whats coming up in game other then vague oh XYZ feature may be 1.3 1.4 or 1.million that's in 2014

I suggest checking out our patch notes, community blog, news site, weekly Q&As, Weekly Dev Track Summary Blogs, Weekly Patch Notes Updates, and of course, here in General Discussion, to name a few places.

Of course, our general policy is to not talk in detail about specific features until we are 100% sure that it is on its way. You can imagine what would happen if we gave a specific date, months in advance, only to come up against an unforeseen obstacle that causes us to delay a particular feature. This is why you'll see many replies by us and our developers that simply say "soon".

My point is Bioware, get on the boards/twitter/facebook wherever you decide and start interacting with your player base, if it doesn't fix anything it shows your interested in what players views are, communicate where the game is going, after all its something we are all invested in.

We have a dedicated social media team monitoring our official Facebook fan page and answering comments, questions, and concerns over on our official Twitter account.

You can also find the SWTOR community team members on Twitter by checking out this list.

Finally, we've been fairly active over in the SWTOR subreddit on Reddit.

I hope that I've helped in addressing your concerns, but please let us know if you still have any issues.

As for the issue of server transfers, we talked about those in our most recent Weekly Q&A. Here's what Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services) had to say on the subject:

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas: The Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population server.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. We are always looking for ways to improve our communication to our players, so please let us know if there is a way we can better serve our community in this area.

Thank you for your feedback!

I dont care when it was posted it could have been 5 minutes ago and wouldnt change the fact instead of asking about crap we wont see for another year or so. Why not address the issues at hand...

Probably because they've already commented on the issues as much as they can and don't have any new updates to share? Perhaps it's because they now have to be really careful about everything they say, since forum-goers constantly take their words, parse it for hidden meaning, twist their words out of context, and then jump to half-baked conclusions and insane conspiracy theories?

Maybe it's quiet because they have fired the "pvp team" And they are getting devs in charge who will give us real end game with awesome pvp and space pvp like swg and minigames like podracing and pazzak .......yeah righ i can dream.... Edited by Lord_Karsk

Then I would agree if they cant make the cut then dont mention them. Why tell about something they know will probably not make the cut. Such as ranked warzones. It was to pick up subs thats all.

But they could very well give information on the transfer issues or several other issues thats hindering the game.

They just choose not to. And im sorry if you feel your not mature enough to handle disapoinments or information pertaining to issues at hand.

But that dosnt mean myself or others arn't as well. People have been asking for better communication and more timely fixes since beta and i for one believe its high time they listened.

They can’t say because a lot can happen between now and a week or so between launch

I can handle it, but I am not your average community member here, screaming at the top of their lungs if someone mentions a hope spring and then they start dissecting what the word spring means and then make statements about broken "promises" even though the word promise was never used.

Oh no... this community cannot handle information that is not solid, in fact have demanded that Bioware not say anything at all until everything they say is 100% solid

Which means the community has demanded Bioware say nothing at all, until about a week or so from release of new content or features.

It is a shame really, but that is how It is

Yes people have been asking for more communication, but those same people are demanding no communication at all that is not 100% cast in stone and will not change.

Edited by Dayln

Greetings everyone,

We know that our community is very interested to hear new information about what the developers are planning for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Associate Online Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez recently addressed player concerns about developer communication:

As for the issue of server transfers, we talked about those in our most recent Weekly Q&A. Here's what Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services) had to say on the subject:

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. We are always looking for ways to improve our communication to our players, so please let us know if there is a way we can better serve our community in this area.

Thank you for your feedback!

Thank you for the response to my thread. At least i know you are paying attention . Now show us you care by following thru in a timely manner and continuing to update us. Thats realy all we asking for to begin with.

Just to go back to my above post - here's an example of someone taking jumping to an insane conspiracy theory. They thought ranked WZ's would be ready. At the last minute they found an issue so they pulled it out. It happens. It wasn't a secret plan to trick people into picking up subs.

They have commented on the transfer issues. They just did so on Friday. Ironic that you're criticizing others for not being mature enough to handle disappointment, when you can't even wait a week to see if they'll provide more details.