1.3 Legacy unlocks are per character??

DarthDemens

Not only do I think that it's lame that you will have to purchase these bonuses for every character you want them on, not just once and have them available for all of your characters on the server, but I'm very disappointed that it doesn't look like there will be one to increase experience from general ground quests, or at least story quests. I'm not a PvPer, so that bonus wont do me any good, while I do group for flashpoints I don't do it frequently enough to spend a lot of credits for that bonus, and space missions can only be done once per day... So most of these bonuses really don't do me any good.

I was really hoping for one that would increase the experience gained from all ground quests, or at least story quests.

Honestly, I wouldn't really mind having to buy these for each of my characters in the long run if there were bonuses for all ground and/or story quests, not just space/PvP/flashpoints...

I agree with this, too.

Bioware have said that the purpose of these boosts is so that you can play the way you want to play. Apparently, that does not include people who just want to do quests. Bioware seems to think those people don't count.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this, too.

Bioware have said that the purpose of these boosts is so that you can play the way you want to play. Apparently, that does not include people who just want to do quests. Bioware seems to think those people don't count.

Think? You want a clear analysis of the ENTIRE playerbase? Perish the thought! :D

I draw your attention to the level 50 for 30days that got changed "and legacy level 6" AFTER the playerbase pointed out how much BW "thought" about its player base. :rolleyes:

I would go out on a limb and say IN MY OPINION the majority of player base are people that are just doing story and planet quests. (Notice I clearly stated it was my opionion and not fact (you know who you are)). ;)

Edited by Urael

Well.... let's see, I want to level an alt doing WZ, so I buy that "perk" for him/her, next I want to level another doing space missions so I buy that for him/her.... If these were global unlock by the 3rd or 4th toon it would be:

- Create toon - insta 50!

I can see why it's per character... if you want to have ALL the perks for one character, well, you'll have to spend serious dough, this "perks" are meant to help, not do the job for you.

only the way it is, by time you roll second alt your broke on your main

How do you know the cost. It does not have them listed they could be entirely reasonable like the emotes, 100-200k per level. You don't know the prices so why are you crying in anger over something that isn't even in yet.

This is just what I was about to say. Many 50's have never seen 500k, much less 1mill, so to price xp boosts at those prices would be asinine. Take a deep breath and calm down. They may be character specific, but to make assumptions about prices and spew your mountain dew all over your monitor isn't going to help anything. I swear I can't figure out how half the posters on these forums haven't already stroked out due to high blood pressure.

The problem is that this is an entire system designed to encourage rolling alts. But I don't want to create alts if I'm going to have to buy unlocks for every single one of them. I could see the point of the XP boosts, I guess (although I still think it'd be better to make them global and not require players to do as many of the same sidequests). But the increased sprint speed? The affection gains?

All this does is put a credit cost on not repeating content. Don't want to do the sidequests for the 3rd time? Use some credits and do space instead. Don't want to do them a 4th time? More credits. 5th? More credits.

I leveled my 1st L50 Jedi Consular over on Kathol Rift. I also managed to level a L42 Trooper, 3 L30+ alts, and a couple lowbies. I had to give up on playing any of them since kathol Rift is so closed to dead that it is only being kept alive because it is running on a computer server.

I switched over to Shii Cho at the instigation of RL friends. At least its got a reasonable Fleet population. I had to go Empire since the RL friends were all Empire; fine. I hadn't played much Empire since Beta anyways. Unfortunately, my RL friends guild has ceased to exist except for the very occasional login of the GM and one other member besides myself.

You can't find a PUG reg L50 fp run for love or money if you aren't in a guild. Currently all I can do is dailies. I don't PvP, I'm one of those anti-pvp fanaticists. And don't get me going on BW's sorry excuse for space combat. Not sure I can stomach dailies for more than another couple of weeks.

Due to the free month BW granted some of us, my account is good until June. Odds are, like everyone else I know, I'll probably call it quits with SWToR. I had high hopes for this game, but it's too much like still playing beta to keep my $'s pumping in to it.

As to the cost of things, at least 3 of my RL friends got banned permanently for buy credits. They didn't care if they got caught or not since they weren't planning on renewing again once D3 comes out on May 15. <sigh>

So let's say.... crit crafting.... what would you rather have?

a) 150k per character

b) 1 mill server wide

I'll say for me it's a)... I have 4 characters right now, and at least for 2 of them I don't really care if they crit more often, i barely craft with them, I would have spend 300k on the other 2, if it was server wide, I would most probably not buy it...

And If that example was with Affection Gained, well then... I already have a couple of character with every single companion maxed out, I don't want to pay for them!

If it's crit crafting then I'll agree. A is the obvious answer. You only need 6 crafters (one per craftskill) to fully cover the crafting bases, especially since they said they're doing away with BoP crafted stuff. And 6x 150k < 1 mill. If, however it's critting on crewskills in general, then b. I'd have to buy it for all 8 so my dedicated gatherers get the crit bonuses too.

But yeah, if the per character price is reasonable, I'm fine with a per character cost. A lot of people won't want a particular perk for all the characters, so only having them pay for the characters they DO want makes sense. I would *much* rather have a 125k unlock per character than a 1mil legacy unlock. And yes, they may, in the future, increase the number of character slots... but then, I'll still have saved money on individual unlocks I didn't purchase, and will have worked that money into more money.

You guys just have to realize, whether you want to or not, that the legacy system is nothing more than a cheap move from BW to cover up, or more divert your attention really ;o, their fail of not having any end game whatsoever. To add insult to injury, they pour salt in your wounds by charging you an exorborant amount of money for the legacy system crap that isn't even worth anything to begin with. I mean really, this crap should be free as you paid your dues getting to 50 but I will reiterate again what I previously posted:

EA = Nickle and Dime and Nickle and Dime

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67942420.html

What end game. I have a new L50 Jedi Inquisitor healer on Shii Cho and have yet to be able to get into any regular L50 fp runs. The guild I level in is pretty well dead. As things are going, I'll never see any of the L50 fp's (reg or HM) let alone Operations.

BW needs to stop wasting time on Legacy, end game and pvp and focus on server merging or getting their LFG tool out asap. There current idea of a server only lfg tool is useless on a majority of the servers since there aren't enough peeps still on them for it to be of any use (Kathol Rift as an example).

Currently, SWToR is hemorrhaging players as faster than they are attracting new players . . .

Such entitlement. :rolleyes:

These are money and time sinks.

The purpose of a money sink is to remove excess money that is already in the economy, not force players into playing the game like Chinese sweat shop gold farmers, spending hours and hours grinding for credits.

And a time sink is even worse -- it's just something to waste players time in order to try and keep them in the game longer. If I can tell that something is purely a time sink, I am seeing failure on the part of the developers.

If the costs are significantly lower than the current legacy items (50K - 150K max), I really don't see a problem with it. It isn't like you should need ever single unlock on each character the second you start them. The only ones I see as really must haves are the level 10 speeder license and increased sprint speed.

So long as they add more punches (maybe some kicks) and emotes to the regular legacy, I'll be happy.

But yeah, character wide unlocks are pretty fail, especially if they come with the pants on head current prices.

Edited by Sireene
use of retarded - PM'd