The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

I gotta agree with this. The Silver Platter Elite need to seriously bring it down a few notches. I'd like to see them do better than Bioware has.

You do realize you're committing a logical error of the first order right? If set A are those who wanted new servers and set B are those who want server transfers, you can say that there exists an intersection of A ∩ B that wanted both, but you can never say that A = B.

You're saying that A = B. You are in serious error.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive completed all PVE content thus far released. I'm Happy. Ill be happy farming this content till more comes out.

I'm an avid mmo player. 5 years of EQ, 3 of WoW...little warrhammer online and SOE's EQ and GW1 thrown in here and there to spice it up.

I dont see any of the other MMO's operateing on BW's level. We have had 2 major content updates since launch.....for non early access thats like new content every 2-3 months.

I guess what im trying to say is....Bioware, you are doing a great job. Please, if it is possible, continue releaseing content and fixing stuff at the rate you are doing so. I dont know if you guys are already "maxed out" but i am very satisfied with this pace and look forward to the future.

My only issue atm is this stated lack of player population on some servers.....instead of opening up with too few servers and haveing to open more, you did the opposite. Please, for the sake of gameplay, reduce the total amount of servers through whatever means possible. You have a great product here and people need to be able to experience the product to keep paying for it.

A LFG tool will help to a small degree, however, i only see this getting people into the Flashpoints scene. With the soon to be larger issue of people wanting to do operation content on alts, there is little to no PuG opportunity for these alts you have been hypeing up. We like alts, we want to play them, but our guilds only have organized raids maximum about 3 nights a week. With 40-50 on fleet during peek hours on my server....the player population just isnt there......

Damn the press and internet buzz, kill half the servers. We dont need them right now and it is comprimiseing your awesome game.

That last part wasn't for you Ironex lol.:p

I figured as much. I try not to degrade a discussion into name calling. I think my worst offence with regards to what you're discussing is referring to some people as apologists. >.>

In any case you've caught me. For you see... SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET! ;)

It's hilarious to read all these QQ posts when it was the QQ'ing about needing more servers that caused this mess in the first place....

Keep doing what you're doing BW. I'd rather things run smoothly than you rush something because the entitlement crowd has ADD.

If they leave... let them leave.... They'll be back... watch.

With Tera out, D3 due in weeks, GW2 in the pipeline please elaborate on the magical fix that will bring customers back. MMO vets are through being burned by devs. They will NOT be back.

Oh I agree. Their design should have anticipated transfers. But without seeing their database first hand and seeing if it is an easy thing to do, I cannot make the argument that it will only take a week to give us the feature.

Maybe Joe the database creator messed up when creating ours at launch, but the APAC databases were built correctly? I do not know all the details about the APAC transfers, but could there be a reason why it was easy for those servers and not ours? Maybe they did not have to worry about same character/legacy names as they do for our servers?

If its taking this long it means their DB design is horrific and not properly normalized. Just last week I had my development team migrate a 12TB database from one design into a more split design. And customers was using the database in real time during migration. (20k concurrent users at that time.) The DTS package took the guys two full days (8hrs each day) of query testing and trigger writing, was passed through QA in 4 hours then went live the next day. It was flawless. So I don't very what's taking BW so long. Copying data is simple!!!!!!! Maybe they just need people there that know *** their doing eh?

Like another gentlemen that posted, my son plays too. Just a few days ago he came to me and said "dad, i'm quitting star wars, there's nobody to pvp with.", he's 9 and knows the problem better than the company.

And my biggest pet peave, is these forums, their horrible. Talk about the most mobile unfriendly forums ever!!! Its proven that more users use their mobile phone to browse the Web these days...geezz

You do realize you're committing a logical error of the first order right? If set A are those who wanted new servers and set B are those who want server transfers, you can say that there exists an intersection of A ∩ B that wanted both, but you can never say that A = B.

You're saying that A = B. You are in serious error.

I was agreeing with the second part of what he said. I never once suggested that it was the same group of people complaining.

And my biggest pet peave, is these forums, their horrible. Talk about the most mobile unfriendly forums ever!!! Its proven that more users use their mobile phone to browse the Web these days...geezz

Yeah, browsing these forums on a mobile browser is painful, however I can't imagine it will be fixed or improved anytime soon.

With Tera out, D3 due in weeks, GW2 in the pipeline please elaborate on the magical fix that will bring customers back. MMO vets are through being burned by devs.

You would have a point, except that we've been hearing since pre-launch that Game "X" will kill SWTOR.

Then start a character on another server, then move your current character there. You might even get a better sense of where you want to actually move so you don't have to do so again after you realize the server is a bad one. If you want free transfers, they will be to another dead server that they try to funnel people to from multiple dead ones, in which case it's completely irrelevant.

This to be perfectly honest. Shop around for a few weeks to find a server with a healthy population that will endure through these transfers. Otherwise you migth be wanting to move to a sever where most of the pop intends to depart.

Having spent 450 bucks on 3 CE copies it's sad to say but this game blows. I hung in and hung in to the point of no return. The company doesn't listen to the community and is failing hard.

I really love the star wars universe, but this feels way to much like world of warcraft to me. So what is left of my online family affectionately known as a guild will move on to Diablo III. The non server merging and BW and EA poor community leadership has lost em about 18 more subscriptions. I am not in any way a hater but paying to do a daily grind fest and a lack of players per server is not worth our time.

BW, why delay the transfers until early summer? Many servers, including my own are already dead. Here are some screenshots taken today on Trayus Academy (EU). The time is GMT+2, which covers most of Europe.

11:12 AM, alone on Imperial fleet http://i.imgur.com/S9iKE.jpg

14:15 PM, 63 people online on the entire server http://i.imgur.com/SGC0u.jpg (republic) and http://i.imgur.com/ctAEW.jpg (empire)

As level 50, it is impossible to play a Warzone before 5 PM. Between 5 and 8 PM queues range from 15 to 30 minutes, and are only decent (10-15 minutes) between 8 and 11 PM. There is always only one Warzone taking place at a time on the entire server, so if more then 16 people are in queue, you might miss it and have to wait until it ends, praying you won't miss the next.

Even at prime-time, we never have even 200 players online server-wide. Usually there are around about 100 on empire side and 50 on republic. Once again, I'm not talking about people on fleet, but about people on THE ENTIRE SERVER. I can provide screenshots for this later tonight, if needed.

Honestly, how can playing with less then 200 people on a server even be considered a MMO? There are many singleplayer games out there with far more then 200 people at a time playing multiplayer.

So Bioware, why wait until early summer with the transfers? There are many server which badly need it now, after the free 30 days will be over they will be completely dead because no sane person will pay to just stand around on fleet for hours doing nothing.

agree.bioware do something now!!!!

Anchorhead went from being heavy/full to a decent 60-90 people on the fleet at prime time. for the past few weeks we have had less then 20-25 people on our fleet(republic side) its kind of bleh and makes me not want to pay Bioware monthly to play on such a dead server.

This to be perfectly honest. Shop around for a few weeks to find a server with a healthy population that will endure through these transfers. Otherwise you migth be wanting to move to a sever where most of the pop intends to depart.

This would only work IF we knew what destination servers were going to be, BW has left the customers fully in the dark with no hope in sight......

***!!!!! BIOWARE DO SOMETHING!!

I am on NIMAN and there was almost now wz all day on republic side for lvl50! How am i supposed to play this until summer?? At 7pm GMT0 there was no wz for 1h happening, my guild mates told me they where half an hour in queue and left the game cause no wz at 9pm i was here at 2pm and no wz at 11pm no wz!!! WHAT THE HELL?? The game is destroyed for so many people!! I think they don't have the notion of the ridiculous that is happening!!

Plaeas allow me to weight in with my considerably large amout of wisdom and xp... it will happen when BW's plan has come to fruition. Specifically, they plan everything they do to the "T" and rarely budge and inch in either direction. Right or wrong isnt quite the argument to make to get them interested in changing their plan. The argument to make, imho, is financial. If BW should detect a mass cancellation from any particular server (not to be confused with mass account defection to other servers) they would them offer to That server a rushed transfer service. Until then, its a waiting game to be moved.

Enjoy

been gone for 2 weeks havent had a chance to play until today the most I have seen on fleet is 12, the most level 50 characters is 30 and the amount of players pvp last I checked was 9 including myself meaning someone isnt even getting into a warzone. and the imperial premades have blatant hackers this game is a flop. Edited by netslayer

You're being naive. The tech is there. The only reason they are holding it back is to wait for summer breaks to start so they can see how much of the population comes back to properly decide which servers need the free transfer, otherwise they'll be in the exact same situation as they are now.

EA dont care about u,

they want to open new servers,

they dont care about population issue,

they just give u free 30 days,

but not help much,

so i guess they wont rush this,

but i think free transfer is better than 30 days.

Edited by oakamp

Oh I agree. Their design should have anticipated transfers. But without seeing their database first hand and seeing if it is an easy thing to do, I cannot make the argument that it will only take a week to give us the feature.

Maybe Joe the database creator messed up when creating ours at launch, but the APAC databases were built correctly? I do not know all the details about the APAC transfers, but could there be a reason why it was easy for those servers and not ours? Maybe they did not have to worry about same character/legacy names as they do for our servers?

Having gone through multiple server transfers on SWG, and knowing a smidge about coding - I'd have to say that transferring toons in this environment should be pretty simple. The tech is clearly in place, with the APAC moves already made.

I'd wager that this is ready to go, they are just going to do it as part of the next patch.

Does it suck for those on dead servers? Sure. But your sever didn't die yesterday. It's been dead long enough for you to roll somewhere else and establish a toe-hold there while waiting to transfer your mains.