Opinions on SWTOR as of now

Vespassian

Make a Human, you can go to any of the starting zones: Elwynn, Teldrassil, Dun Morogh, Azuremyst Isle (usually not worth leaving your home area this early but you could if you really wanted to). Next level range is Darkshore, Loch Modan, Azuremyst Isle, Westfall. After that you can hit Duskwood, Ashenvale, Wetlands, then Desolace, Stranglethorn, Badlands, and so on. You can bounce around all the different territories in any order you want because there were always multiple options for every level.

Hell you could even go invade low level Horde territory which has no quests for you at all, but you know what, you could explore it and get into some trouble.

There is only 1 planet for every level range in SWTOR, and you cannot go to planets controlled by the other faction, and you're herded through every planet in order by your class quest.

I go to planets way out of my level range at times?

And they will add more as the games goes on

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a Human, you can go to any of the starting zones: Elwynn, Teldrassil, Dun Morogh, Azuremyst Isle (usually not worth leaving your home area this early but you could if you really wanted to). Next level range is Darkshore, Loch Modan, Azuremyst Isle, Westfall. After that you can hit Duskwood, Ashenvale, Wetlands, then Desolace, Stranglethorn, Badlands, and so on. You can bounce around all the different territories in any order you want because there were always multiple options for every level.

Hell you could even go invade low level Horde territory which has no quests for you at all, but you know what, you could explore it and get into some trouble.

There is only 1 planet for every level range in SWTOR, and you cannot go to planets controlled by the other faction, and you're herded through every planet in order by your class quest.

Alright, I'll admit then that you are correct in saying WoW has more options for places to level. But as I said, it's a compromise. Don't like it? Go back to WoW. I sure won't be.

For people who want to know how hard devs work go to these places:

http://r2-db.com/website/14/devtracker/news (Dev Tracking)

http://www.swtor.com/blog (Community constand uptates)

http://www.swtor.com/blog/weekly-patch-notes-update-may-3th-2012 (Bug fixes)

http://www.swtor.com/blog/action-being-taken-against-fraudulent-payment-activity (Stopping the act of fraudulent payment)

http://www.swtor.com/blog/dev-tracker-summary-april-24th-2012-%E2%80%93-april-30th-2012 (Some more Dev tracking)

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012 (Q+A thread)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=435614 (Official direct dev+community Q+A *Gungan didn't make it because he was too busy complaining*)

http://www.swtor.com/blog/weekly-patch-notes-update-april-27th-2012 (more weekly patch notes)

Heck load more go to the 2nd link to see them all. Notice how they have weekly uptates, hmm, that's new for a company to do. Give them some credit for it, because I don't see why any other companies are doing it.

http://www.swtor.com/gamemanual/getting-started/entering-the-old-republic (their own game manual they released)

I'm still trying to decide weather unhappy complainers are trying to still compete. Would you like a crown for whining that much Gungan? Because I think Bioware already made a kingdom.

I go to planets way out of my level range at times?

And they will add more as the games goes on

And what do you do on those planets? Eventually you have to leave to continue the "correct path" of levelling.

Somehow I doubt they will add new low level planets. Then again maybe not... they are obsessed with legacy and altaholism.

Edited by Gungan

Love the game, overall.

I think they're confused about pvp's direction. They don't have a good team for it. TTK is too low.

Population issues must be addressed. "early"summer is not good enough. My server is dying more every day. I just learned one of the top pvp guilds is officially no more.

Increase TTK but most importantly get transfer going asap and Ill be happy.

It's not an opinion when it is fact. There is nothing to debate, and it is a valid concern. WoW = multiple equal level areas you can pick and choose a la carte. SWTOR = do every planet in the same order on every character.

Yes, other recent games have gone linear too, but they don't actively encourage you to reroll multiple chars because that's where they spent all their money.

So you rather stay on a big whop of a map then fly around and make you feel like you're grounding to.. trees.. orcs.. elves.. grass... swamps... forest.. eh. Ew. I rather go to the beautiful city of Alderran, the dim lights of Hutta, and the mass glowing, flying cities on the capital planets.

Even though I like SWTOR, most of my friends don't consider it worth the sub, some only tried a free weekend, others the whloe friend invite week, others bought the game at launch at played for some month, the last one told me today he will not continue playing when the free 30 days he got are spent. I play MMOs to play with my friends, so I am on the brink to leaving the game behind, because my friends did already, even though they told me that should SWTOR go f2p they would return...

And what do you do on those planets? Eventually you have to leave to continue the "correct path" of levelling.

Somehow I doubt they will add new low level planets. Then again maybe not... they are obsessed with legacy and altaholism.

WAIT. You're complaining that the game encourages you to play EVERYTHING IT HAS TO OFFER?

Whodathunkit? :rolleyes:

I too love the game but server population is a killer...do not tell me re-roll

Re-roll is NOT an option. We should not have to ... Period

BW made far to many servers and now most are dead. Merge will come in the summer.....pfff

Many will not be here by then and the patch, well who knows when.

Fix the main things hurting this game and we will have a great game !!!!!

So you rather stay on a big whop of a map then fly around and make you feel like you're grounding to.. trees.. orcs.. elves.. grass... swamps... forest.. eh. Ew. I rather go to the beautiful city of Alderran, the dim lights of Hutta, and the mass glowing, flying cities on the capital planets.

Sure. That's fine. It doesn't really have any relevance to the conversation though. It's a level design issue, not an IP preference.

WAIT. You're complaining that the game encourages you to play EVERYTHING IT HAS TO OFFER?

Whodathunkit? :rolleyes:

It encourages you to repeat the same content 8 times, with literally a handful of unique quests on each planet. Not worth it.

Edited by Gungan

It encourages you to repeat everything it has to offer 8 times, with literally a handful of unique quests on each planet. Not worth it.

Then please, do us all a favor, and go away. Don't play anymore. Obviously we cannot win you over, you have made up your mind. So shut up and go.

Early summer is very soon. Very very soon. So soon that it means it's a couple weeks away. Yup. That soon. A few weeks to long? That really doesn't help because Bioware already knows. They work hard.

"EARLY SUMMER?! THAT'S TOO FAR AWAY!"

"It's like, next week."

"THAT'S ONE WEEK TO LONG!!! QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"

:rolleyes:

It encourages you to repeat the same content 8 times, with literally a handful of unique quests on each planet. Not worth it.

Really, what game is above SWTOR right now? I don't think any. GW2 and SWTOR will be the top dogs for a while. I have a deep feeling Diablo 3 will flop, it looks akward. GW2 will be favored in the MMO community over SWTOR because they can relate the "fantasy" of orcs, elves, and weird demonic lookin stuff. Personally I don't like that. I would love to try GW2, but SWTOR is my kind of play time.

Really, what game is above SWTOR right now? I don't think any. GW2 and SWTOR will be the top dogs for a while. I have a deep feeling Diablo 3 will flop, it looks akward. GW2 will be favored in the MMO community over SWTOR because they can relate the "fantasy" of orcs, elves, and weird demonic lookin stuff. Personally I don't like that. I would love to try GW2, but SWTOR is my kind of play time.

I did a play test for D3 a few months back. It was kind of sad. :< I'll get it "free" for the one year sub deal, but I don't think I'll play it much.

Then please, do us all a favor, and go away. Don't play anymore. Obviously we cannot win you over, you have made up your mind. So shut up and go.

Why should I? Turning a blind eye, or worse praising bad decisions on the part of the developers doesn't improve the product.

Edited by Gungan

I did a play test for D3 a few months back. It was kind of sad. :< I'll get it "free" for the one year sub deal, but I don't think I'll play it much.

Yea, I don't look at hype anymore. I look at the game, how hard the company worked to produce it, and what is different from the other games. Hype kills every game, they over hyped SWTOR, and I feel overhype on D3, but GW2 doesn't have that much hype. Their producers have experiance with what they do. Bioware jumped out of the RPG office and said "Lez do dis!" and on top of that, they did dis. GG.

I love watching this game flop. I don't play it anymore, neither do any of my friends, but I just love coming onto the forums to see the newest person that realized the game is below average on every single level.

Technically, WoW is still above SWTOR. Just because I and others have gotten burned out on it after 7 years (because 7 years with one game is a long time) does not negate the fact that it's still the best MMO on the market.

I wouldn't even include D3 in this comparison. It's not a persistent world game, so I don't think anyone would consider it an MMO. Personally I want to see World of Darkness take off, and a PC version of Dust 514 would be pretty cool.

So basically, you hate the game but are spitefully going to keep paying for it?

There are parts I like and parts I don't like. I'm pissed that the parts I usually favor in MMOs are the inferior ones in this game.

Edited by Gungan

I love watching this game flop. I don't play it anymore, neither do any of my friends, but I just love coming onto the forums to see the newest person that realized the game is below average on every single level.

" the newest person" What does that mean? What is below average? You have friends? Re support your statement, then post an educated argument. Here a small guide for you: http://writing2.richmond.edu/writing/wweb/reason3.html

Most useless post I've seen yet.