Please fix the broken GTN filtering!

JarenWelen

Please fix the broken filtering on the GTN that was introduced in 1.2!

If the search button becomes available, it should show all items that match the current filtering. The fact is, it does not, and this is having an impact on crafters trying to sell their wares. How am I meant to sell items if prospective buyers are putting in a single search parameter and receiving no results?

This needs to be fixed in the next patch, and I'm frankly shocked that it has not been so far.

-J

Dude.. the only thing that players have to do is place a rarity value in the search criteria.. ie.. instead of ANY.. they just use CHEAP.. it displays everything from CHEAP upwards.. so you are not losing out on anything... I have bought and sold lots of things since the update yesterday...

Is it WAI.. NO

Is it gamebreaking... NO

Is it an issue for crafters.... NO!!

It no worse than the search lvl 1-50 issue that existed prior to the big "FIX" yesterday tbh :rolleyes:

Edited by Bloodstealer

Dude.. the only thing that players have to do is place a rarity value in the search criteria.. ie.. instead of ANY.. they just use CHEAP.. it displays everything from CHEAP upwards.. so you are not losing out on anything... I have bought and sold lots of things since the update yesterday...

Is it WAI.. NO

Is it gamebreaking... NO

It no worse than the search lvl 1-50 issue that existed prior to the big "FIX" yesterday tbh :rolleyes:

You are working off of an unfair assumption that every player is aware of the bug and knows the workaround. Players who do not frequent the forums may not realise this is the case and only enter one search parameter. And as the Search button becomes available without entering a Rarity value, they would be excused for thinking that it would show all rarities, but that nothing is for sale. And you know what, that's right.

You simply cannot work off of a default expectation that everyone is aware of the issue. Therefore yes, this is an issue for crafters and there is no way that it can be argued down.

As a Software Engineer I know that if this were on one of my projects, this would have been placed as a high priority bug and certainly would not have made it to live if I were overseeing testing.

Is it WAI.. NO

Is it gamebreaking... NO

Text filtering is broken and has been for quite a while.

Here is a listing of the Artifact augments currently listed on our GTN. Notice the top 4 results:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9571/screenshot2012050214534.jpg

However, look what I get when I filter for Absorb:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9571/screenshot2012050214534.jpg

Where did the top 4 results go?

Or, if I filter by the word augment, 5 pages of results goes down to 2:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2488/screenshot2012050214585.jpg

Looks very broken to me.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Seriously it's how I have been searching for all of my gear. I don't want to see "white quality" or "green quality" ...

I want to see "Artifacts" and "Custom" .... i know how to use the GTN it's not hard I do not understand all the complaints.

Seriously it's how I have been searching for all of my gear. I don't want to see "white quality" or "green quality" ...

I want to see "Artifacts" and "Custom" .... i know how to use the GTN it's not hard I do not understand all the complaints.

You're also ok paying $15 a month with mommies credit card for something that's broken, we use money we earned through hard work, so we would like it fixed.

You're also ok paying $15 a month with mommies credit card for something that's broken, we use money we earned through hard work, so we would like it fixed.

Your signature is absolutely genius by the way, I laughed. :D

Oh poor you. "Mommies" obviously an American. Lol...

Don't care there is better things they can do with their time. Like...

Dragon World Boss.

Panda race.

Ok you got me now I'm trolling... You started by being condescending though.

But seriously. I would like to see OPS group PVP.... None of this 4 man and the other half of the team Pugs....

GTN is low on my priority list because just like the Auction House in WoW i rarely use it. When I do I know what I'm looking for and where to find out.

Is the GTN broken?

No.

Did they change it's functionality?

YES.

I think that is what most people are complaining about. They took something that was working one way and changed it to work another way. Also, and some might call this broken, the search for "Any" in the Rarity dropdown actually means "None" which is what they should change it to, to avoid all this confusion.

I sell implants on occasion and it became very apparent that this change affected how many were bought. That, and the constant questions in general chat on fleet asking why there are no implants and earpieces on the GTN.

:jawa_confused:

You are working off of an unfair assumption that every player is aware of the bug and knows the workaround. Players who do not frequent the forums may not realise this is the case and only enter one search parameter. And as the Search button becomes available without entering a Rarity value, they would be excused for thinking that it would show all rarities, but that nothing is for sale. And you know what, that's right.

You simply cannot work off of a default expectation that everyone is aware of the issue. Therefore yes, this is an issue for crafters and there is no way that it can be argued down.

As a Software Engineer I know that if this were on one of my projects, this would have been placed as a high priority bug and certainly would not have made it to live if I were overseeing testing.

You are working off an unfair assumption that you represent any number of the playerbase. So quit acting like you are an official voice of the players.