Old Clone Wars Vs. New Clone Wars

The thing that drew me in and finally cemented my love of TCW was watching the eps over and seeing the recurring clone troops (Fives, Echo, Rex, Cody, Wolf, Waxer and Boil) and how they're characters evolved, seeing Fives and Echo make ARC Trooper. The whole Umbara arc I ended up crying at one point.

Rex is the *********** man. And it was truly painful watching that squad you see from a flashback episode in Season 2 start getting killed off one by one and turning into just Fives. Umbara is where TCW finally won my respect. The 501st killed their first Jedi that mission.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the TCW series has changed the clones from faceless cannonfodder to real characters and people and that is why I like it.

Try reading Republic Commando sometime. I'll get a lot of flak for recommending it, but it humanized the clones long before TCW did anything.

Try reading Republic Commando sometime. I'll get a lot of flak for recommending it, but it humanized the clones long before TCW did anything.

OR have one play the game itself. In one of the documentary interviews provided it talks about how it was already decided to make clones more individual after Ep II. Hense why Delta Squad had unique armor colors representing the clone in it.

I would say the NCW now that it has taken the kids gloves off i showed my older brother the part when darth maul chops off civilians heads and his mouth dropped and he said "Finally cartoons have gotten better again! So when does the next season come on?" Edited by lokdron

OR have one play the game itself. In one of the documentary interviews provided it talks about how it was already decided to make clones more individual after Ep II. Hense why Delta Squad had unique armor colors representing the clone in it.

I think it also mentions why some talk differently from others. Some were trained by Jango or and picked up his accent, others were trained by other drill instructors and developed other accents. It helps explain why the clones sound different in the game and some other media.

I think it also mentions why some talk differently from others. Some were trained by Jango or and picked up his accent, others were trained by other drill instructors and developed other accents. It helps explain why the clones sound different in the game and some other media.

That was part of it too. Jango and other Mandalorians (not the Bull#$%@ guns for hire that are shown in TCW) trained clones for years.