PvPer's don't care about this game

Logisitcs

More people PvP on the internet than play any other game type - Bioware would be insane not to want PvPer to come to and stick with SWTOR.

I suppose if you take FPS games into account, maybe. In MMOs? No, not even close. Also, don't confuse those who PvP and those in the "PvP Community". They are not the same thing.

Edited by Jederix

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose if you take FPS games into account, I suppose you might be right. In MMOs? No, not even close.

MMO's by a long shot, there are more people playing on the PvP servers then the PvE servers in this game, 95% of the post requesting server transfers are from the PvE side cause everyone is playing PvP, take a look, the demand for a more elaborate experience will always dominate the bland pve servers.

I suppose if you take FPS games into account, maybe. In MMOs? No, not even close. Also, don't confuse those who PvP and those in the "PvP Community". They are not the same thing.

There's a "PvP Community" is there? Do you have to register yourself as that on the electoral roll now? :D

Now just because MMORPGs haven't worked out (yet) how to fully tap into the largest internet gaming market there is, doesn't mean it's still not the largest internet gaming market. :)

Which nicely comes back to the point that Bioware would be insane not to want to attract and retain PvPers, it's the biggest customer pool around!

MMO's by a long shot, there are more people playing on the PvP servers then the PvE servers in this game, 95% of the post requesting server transfers are from the PvE side cause everyone is playing PvP, take a look, the demand for a more elaborate experience will always dominate the bland pve servers.

sadly as much as i love pvp i disagree with you completely.. pvp does not have more players than pve.. the problem with your logic is that on a pvp server, everyone is expecting pvp.. so to say the majority of the people there pvp is logical..

but on a pve server some people pve asome people pvp, i do both, sometimes i am in the mood to pvp sometimes not.. but to say that most peopel are pvp is a bit short sighted.

We have PvP servers but ZERO incentive to go out and do it, with absolutely NO information on the future of pvp, I love this game, but the lack of open world pvp is killing it for me, it's really annoying not knowing when or even IF anything is in the works, so most of us leave

You keep saying "most of us" like you somehow know everyone who is into pvp. Granted pvp community is huge and also granted the pvp community isnt going to just up and quit. The grass is always greener someplace else. Some of us who enjoy pvp and pve are also reasonable. We realize NO game has ever launched with polished end game because thats not where the majority are for a good year after launch.

I hope they start cranking out more stuff for PvP, WZ's are growing a bit stale. Hopefully ilum will return soon with open PvP. End game PvE is always the same, after a few runs it gets boring because its the same motion. With PvP the players are always changing along with tactics.

PvPers WILL leave the game if their concerns aren't addressed. PvEers will mindlessly grind alts and run Ops praying for drops like BioWare knew they would while the devs crap out a new Operation every few months to keep them happy.

You keep saying "most of us" like you somehow know everyone who is into pvp. Granted pvp community is huge and also granted the pvp community isnt going to just up and quit. The grass is always greener someplace else. Some of us who enjoy pvp and pve are also reasonable. We realize NO game has ever launched with polished end game because thats not where the majority are for a good year after launch.

I have seen generations of games rise and fall, and all of them have failed cause pvp was terribly balanced or lack thereof, leaving only the PvE players to play there game, this is why people claim PvE is more important. I am by no means an expert but it's true

Edited by EvoEmpire

Don't just blame the devs. The players are just as responsible for dead world pvp. People needing a carrot on a stick to get them to participate in anything are a big part of the problem.

I have seen generations of games rise and fall, and all of them have failed cause pvp was terribly balanced or lack thereof, leaving only the PvE players to play there game, this is why people claim PvE is more important. I am by no means an expert but it's true

Haha generations eh? You mean failed games like Shadowbane? Meanwhile games with great pve like WoW have millions of players while PVP games like EVE have barely enough to turn a profit. The main part of this game is PVE not PVP. The main part of ALL MMOs (even EVE the "pvp" mmo) is PVE. I dont know how someone can say PVE is meaningless.

Don't just blame the devs. The players are just as responsible for dead world pvp. People needing a carrot on a stick to get them to participate in anything are a big part of the problem.

Doesn't help when each sides quests are so far apart from one another. Voss and hoth are 2 planets that I saw open pvp.

What is football without any rules? Just a boring mess.

The idea of world PvP for the sake of world PvP is a nonsense, a myth that never existed.

In the older MMORPGs you used to be able to loot coin and items from the people you killed, there WAS an incentive..... a carrot if you will.

But in modern sanitised MMORPGs there literally is NO incentive of open world PvP unless you like ganking people just after they've killed an elite (but that's no motivation for most people).

Haha generations eh? You mean failed games like Shadowbane? Meanwhile games with great pve like WoW have millions of players while PVP games like EVE have barely enough to turn a profit. The main part of this game is PVE not PVP. The main part of ALL MMOs (even EVE the "pvp" mmo) is PVE. I dont know how someone can say PVE is meaningless.

neither pvp or pve are meaningless. they both have their places. and some peopel dont like them both , some like pve some like pvp..is that so bad to have bioware try to accomidate both types?

neither pvp or pve are meaningless. they both have their places. and some peopel dont like them both , some like pve some like pvp..is that so bad to have bioware try to accomidate both types?

They dont? Are you saying you cannot level up only by pvp? You cannot get gear equal to if not better than raid gear from only pvp? Sounds to me like SWTOR is focused as much on pvp as pve. What other games let you level up AND gear up via pvp only?

Edited by Leggomy

EvE has more subs than pretty much every PvE MMORPG except WoW (although WoW is hardly pure PvE loads of people have always PvP'd in it). :eek:

WoW is a one-off, simply the right place at the right time, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Eve makes plenty of money 66Mill in 2011

http://gamepolitics.com/2012/02/22/ccp-rakes-66-million-2011

EvE has more subs than pretty much every PvE MMORPG except WoW (although WoW is hardly pure PvE loads of people have always PvP'd in it). :eek:

WoW is a one-off, simply the right place at the right time, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

What? By all estimates eve only has about 300,000 players. I dont know of many games who can have less than that before closing. Even UO has around 300,000 players. I dont know what you are smoking but i want some lol.

pvp is just about the only thing i do enjoy in this game. pve in this game is just boring..unless i bother to run lowbie flashpoints by myself. but open world questing (or even open world pvp) just isnt something i enjoy in any mmo anymore.

id enjoy pvp more if it were more balanced..i mean if theyre not gonna balance and share ALL stats in warzones something else needs to happen to balance it..but other than that yes i enjoy it.

They dont? Are you saying you cannot level up only by pvp? You cannot get gear equal to if not better than raid gear from only pvp? Sounds to me like SWTOR is focused as much on pvp as pve. What other games let you level up AND gear up via pvp only?

did you bother to actually read what i said..i didnt say they dont focus on both pvp and pve.. i said they do..and that isnt a bad thing.. reading comprehention is a great thing...

I am a PVPer SWG,EVE,Darkfall,GW1 ect...

Most of these people in TOR are not PVPers..

PVP is not sitting in fleet like its a game lobby waiting for a instanced mini game.

These people are WoW kiddies that should have never gotten into the MMO genre in the first place, And no they don't care about the game.

While I enjoy all aspects of MMORPGs, from PvP to PvE, RP, exploring, crafting, etc., and while I also agree with some people on SWTOR's level 50 PvP being, at the moment and for a lot of reasons, a bad joke for my tastes (personal opinion, you know), I don't agree with the OP. If enough people enjoy it to make viable investing resources into developing more PvP things, I'm fine with it. And, who knows, maybe that will lead, in the future, to something that almost everyone actually likes.

Also, you won't see me crying about PvP. I don't enjoy it here and, gladly, I found this last weekend that GW2's PvP was fun enough for me. I've not made any thread/post saying this or that of any of them, or asking for SWTOR to change it's aproach to PvP. And, to be honest, the people doing so are just a vocal minority. So don't generalize saying that "PvXers are always whining", please.

Cheers.

did you bother to actually read what i said..i didnt say they dont focus on both pvp and pve.. i said they do..and that isnt a bad thing.. reading comprehention is a great thing...

Come on you acted like they do not by saying is it so bad they "try". Why would you say that if you thought they were trying? You want to try picking words better maybe someone can understand you. What exactly is your point then why did you even bother to respond?