New Merc, looking for tips

corakil

Hey guys!

After reading the first page of this class forum, I can see you guys are a cheery bunch. :D

Anyway, I'm looking for some tips for a new merc. I want to focus primarily on PVE DPS. Can anyone suggest a spec for me? I'm assuming Arsenal is the tree I should be looking at.

How useless is alacrity for mercs?

What stats should I be stacking?

Thx to any and all who reply, even the L2P kids.

For pve arsenal isn't terrible even broken. For pyro or arsenal, I'd do aim/ endurance/ crit/ power/ surge. Basically get your tionese gear and work to getting columi. If you can get or make columi ear/ implant or Rakata belt/ bracer with Aug slots and put aim Aug in. Course you have to be Armortech to build Rakata belt & arms, totally worth it if you can get a slot. Buy/ make augment weapons too. Hoard aim-endurance. Alacrity helps with pyro a little, not much, I wore a medics helm and that was about enough to speed me up a touch. The biggest thing to strive for is your armor bonuses for having all the pieces to your kit. I was wearing hodge podge of battlemaster and columi, then tried the tionese where I didn't have columi, and it was a huge difference with heat. It doesn't take long for tionese and to me it is the best secret in the game, outside pvp. With all my augs and the fortune I spent, its like the nerf never happened. I can't wait to have a full columi. (Or Rakata!)

Hey guys!

After reading the first page of this class forum, I can see you guys are a cheery bunch. :D

Anyway, I'm looking for some tips for a new merc. I want to focus primarily on PVE DPS. Can anyone suggest a spec for me? I'm assuming Arsenal is the tree I should be looking at.

How useless is alacrity for mercs?

What stats should I be stacking?

Thx to any and all who reply, even the L2P kids.

Arsenal is the build for pve

general belief is that alacrity is not so good

stack aim

crit to 30%, surge to 70% then power power power

for starting crit or power is fine, numbers above represent raid geared 50's (and are only general guildlines)

when you get tracer missile take power shot off your bar (unless you are pvping, and then it is a "filler" when tracer gets interrupted for 4 seconds)

Edited by Yazule

Basically get your tionese gear and work to getting columi. If you can get or make columi ear/ implant or Rakata belt/ bracer with Aug slots and put aim Aug in.

Not trying to hijack your post, but I am looking for the same information. Hope you don't mind me asking questions. Where do we find the Tionese gear?

Is there a cookie cutter type of build for Arsenal?

Tionese crystals come from killing bosses in hardmodes, and from completing pve dailies. It looks like a lot, but I believe one or two HM's will get you a piece. Lots of black talons to start, recuit armor is a decent start.

As far as builds, I go to mercenarybuilds.com, Google that if my spelling is wrong or not plural. They do have great builds for pvp & pve. I use the one with pyro endurance and a little healing, I think its a pvp build but I took out jet boost and got the slow down with unload. For pve its great, for pvp, I like it, would like jet boost for huttball but I'm burned out on pvp. I use them on my other Toons too. My jug is invincible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.