The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Combat Tech vs Eliminator - Pyro

Tremont

My first impression was to take the Combat Tech set to get both bonuses (Since I dont use Jet Boost), and get the + crit chance to Rocket Punch. But I have seen some discussion about how Eliminator is better for PvP. Is it because the Eliminator set has more aim so more sustained damage? Or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated since I am not sure which is better.

When people talk gear set, it is for the set bonus. The mods are second priority since you can always change them. If you are looking net gain of dps, the 15% crit to RS will outweigh the (15% crit on RP + reduced cd on EF). That's because Railshot is a much bigger portion of a Pyro's dps. The advantage of Combat Tech is that it is more useful if you will be switching trees to AP or ST.

Another good option for PvP is the PvE Combat Tech set bonus. That, of course, requires you to remod the majority of the mods.

Simple benefit to Eliminators in a nutshell, if you are Pyro.

4PC: 15% Crit bonus to Rail Shot. The 2PC, does not benefit us so don't worry about it. You are focusing on the Rail Shot Crit.

Rail Shot is our hardest hitting ability, and is pretty much the core ability to Pyro entirely. Sure you got flame burst and TD, but it's Rail Shot where the big power large numbers comes in.

Having 15% Crit Chance on it allows you to forgo a large amount of crit on the rest of your gear for the sake of getting more Power on your gear allowing Larger Rail Shot hits as a result. :)

I sit roughly 25% Ranged Crit. With IA Buff that's 30%. With Bonus i'm at 45% Chance to crit on Railshot which is pretty good chances. Add in Explosive Fuel i'm up to a 70% crit chance.

Edited by exphryl