Why do Sith need breathing apparatus?

Reeny

Figures like Malgus and Vader sustained heavy damage to their lungs, Vader from Magma and Malgus from critical injuries during battle with Satele Shan (when she Hadoken'd him into that rocky hill). As for the Game, most wear it as a fashion accessory. Some of it just looks cool. Some of the armor is more like an exo-suit meant to enhance physical abilities.

Also doesn't hurt to have a built-in apparatus for some deep diving. Won't need to change into a swimsuit.

As stated, Malgus wears respirator due to injuries sustained during his battle, not only at the hands of Satele Shan but, also Malcolm. The mortar blasts and that grenade going of in his face definitely helped. Darth Vader, as stated suffered some serious injuries to his lungs as a result of breathing in super-heated air on Mustafar.

It is not a fair assessment to ask why "Sith" have to wear respirators because not all Sith do. The only other Sith I can think of off the top of my head that had any facial prosthesis was Malak whose lower jaw was severed by Revan.

However, it is far more frequently seen on Sith than Jedi due to the fact that Sith are far more aggressive than Jedi. The more frequently you get into battle, the more likely you are to suffer injuries that may necessitate prostheses.

yes this is also my question..

why no jedi wear such things.. there must be thousands of wounded and maimed jedi

Anakin Skywalker had a prosthetic hand. Luke Skywalker had a prosthetic hand. Rosh Penin had a cybernetic arm.

Other Jedi chose not to use the proshteses. Tenel Ka refused one and Wolf Sazen postponed getting one until later.

Mostly, Jedi just don't get in enough battles to run that much of a risk to need prostheses as I said.

Anakin Skywalker had a prosthetic hand. Luke Skywalker had a prosthetic hand. Rosh Penin had a cybernetic arm.

Other Jedi chose not to use the proshteses. Tenel Ka refused one and Wolf Sazen postponed getting one until later.

Mostly, Jedi just don't get in enough battles to run that much of a risk to need prostheses as I said.

yep this, cay quel droma had a mechanic arm as well.

ok you all don't get the question so lets try why do's MY Sith need a breathing apparatus, after lv 30 it the only head gear a Sith War can get

Obviously, the Sith Warrior's main source of inspiration is Darth Vader. A walking talking billboard for Antilles BioGen. Therefore, the Sith Warrior is given many options for Cybernetic Parts.

The Sith Inquisitor on the other hand, doesn't really get cybernetic parts. Masks are about as close as it gets.

The Dark Side of the Force is inherently corruptive--on multiple levels.

It is engendered around feeding on one's emotions, particularly of the most base kind. Emotions can and will produce physiological responses, and these become hyper-exaggerated in the case of powerful users of the Dark Side. The body is not designed to withstand the extreme stresses of the Dark Side and its powers, so it begins to break down. Its users only survive by virtue of sheer willpower.

Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus are probably the best and most extreme examples of this. Darth Sion's near-immortality was only achieved by the subjection of his body to horrifying agony--which literally shattered his flesh but only served to feed his rage further. He would only be defeated

when the Exile was able to convince him to finally let go of his passions, causing his body to disintegrate.

Darth Nihilus takes the cake, though. His passion for the Dark Side was so all-consuming that he consumed himself. His body was destroyed and his spirit only survived by becoming a vessel of the Dark Side.