Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

Heh, good catch on the typo. Again, as this has been stated over a bazillion times, transfers will be coming and I will hop on the transfer wagon for them to seped it up and make it a priority but there is nothing holding anyone back from rolling on a hiher pop server. X-Server will not help this because a dead server will still be a dead server. What if they add some really hard world content, expect them to magically make players appear on your server to help you out?

World Bosses? I donot consider those to be end game content. But events which are optional for the player to do if they want. I rarely do them in WoW and cannot say I miss it any. X=server will most certainly help the players on the dead servers experence end game content and if it is for lower level FP also, then it would help with leveling. I donot see a issue.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World Bosses? I donot consider those to be end game content. But events which are optional for the player to do if they want. I rarely do them in WoW and cannot say I miss it any. X=server will most certainly help the players on the dead servers experence end game content and if it is for lower level FP also, then it would help with leveling. I donot see a issue.

No. Any LFG tool will be after server transfer/shut-downs, which means that "dead servers" will be a thing of the past by the time any LFG tool comes around.

X-server toggle.

Now with cross-server, it can no longer be policed and these people can continue to do w/e they want without any reprocussions. How does someone on server 50 know how someone on server 2 is? How does someone on server 6 know that the PUG they just got has people from 2 other servers that just sit at the Flashpoint entrance and do nothing to contribute? I get plenty of blind invites, is it that hard to /whisper me "Want to join me?"

yap , u can spam "Want to join me?" for at least 2hrs but no one join u on my dead server,

then u will realize why PLAYERS want a x-server lfg.

I think 1.3 will be released before server transfers. And server shutdowns will be a bad sign...very bad sign...:p

No it won't. It's the norm these days. Open up enough for no queue times, shut them down after. Seriously, get out of the old-school. It's expected these days.

I bet server transfers happen this month, first of June worst-case. I doubt 1.3 comes by then.

No it won't. It's the norm these days. Open up enough for no queue times, shut them down after. Seriously, get out of the old-school. It's expected these days.

I bet server transfers happen this month, first of June worst-case. I doubt 1.3 comes by then.

Lol...well....based on the fact WoW has never did any server shutdowns....:rolleyes: And the only who have are ones which were losing too many subs....;)

Lol...well....based on the fact WoW has never did any server shutdowns....:rolleyes: And the only who have are ones which were losing too many subs....;)

You're right. They didn't do server shut downs. Because, at the time, it was still old-school, and they did the buggy convoluted mergers instead.

You're right. They didn't do server shut downs. Because, at the time, it was still old-school, and they did the buggy convoluted mergers instead.

So they are still stuck in the old school? Or could it be with thier great cross server LFG/LFR tool they are not concerned anymore? ;)

So they are still stuck in the old school? Or could it be with thier great cross server LFG/LFR tool they are not concerned anymore? ;)

Use the appropriate window, Valkirus. Window. As in the 6-month window. WoW didn't even have an LFG at 6 months.

Will an LFG help the current situation? Maybe. Will a server transfer/shut-down help the current situation? Definitely. That's already been proven. Rift got a X-server LFG before server transfers, and it was the server transfers that helped more than the x-server LFG by a LARGE margin.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Use the appropriate window, Valkirus. Window. As in the 6-month window. WoW didn't even have an LFG at 6 months.

Will an LFG help the current situation? Maybe. Will a server transfer/shut-down help the current situation? Definitely. That's already been proven. Rift got a X-server LFG before server transfers, and it was the server transfers that helped more than the x-server LFG by a LARGE margin.

I hav'nt played Rift enough or even followed it to know what happened in it's case. But the cross server LFG tool was out back when TOR was still in the developement phase. Why did'nt they look at WoW and see what was successful? They did in some things we know for sure. Besides with WoW, Blizz was breaking a lot of new designs and concepts on what would work the best for thier product. They really did not have anyone close to be as successful as they were to compare to. But BioWare cannot say that.

I hav'nt played Rift enough or even followed it to know what happened in it's case. But the cross server LFG tool was out back when TOR was still in the developement phase. Why did'nt they look at WoW and see what was successful? They did in some things we know for sure. Besides with WoW, Blizz was breaking a lot of new designs and concepts on what would work the best for thier product. They really did not have anyone close to be as successful as they were to compare to. But BioWare cannot say that.

Because what WoW did at 6 months to address the typical decrease in subs is old technology. It's just not feasible anymore.

Because what WoW did at 6 months to address the typical decrease in subs is old technology. It's just not feasible anymore.

Huh? You lost me there. What did Blizz do at 6 months which is not feasible now? I was a hardcore raider in Vanilla WoW and never used any LFG tool until I got into TBC expansion after I got sick of hardcore raiding. But that was like 3 yrs after WoW had been out.

Huh? You lost me there. What did Blizz do at 6 months which is not feasible now? I was a hardcore raider in Vanilla WoW and never used any LFG tool until I got into TBC expansion after I got sick of hardcore raiding. But that was like 3 yrs after WoW had been out.

They didn't shut down server clusters because they MERGED them. I watched it happen. May not have been very many, but they did just the same. That's old tech that isn't feasible anymore. Transfer/shut-downs are just less buggy, easier to do, and give players the choice of where to go. And, until recently, have ALWAYS been done before implementing any kind of LFG tool, X-server or otherwise.

Edited by JeramieCrowe