Add Real PvP abilities that negate imbalance

Ghamsar

One class may be OP compared to another and almost impossible to balance with the different tree options in the various ACs.

add a few skills that are common across Classes:

1. Directional Chaos: Flips X & Y axis...left is right, up is down for 4 secs (1 min CD)

2. Chaos Abiility: "shuffles" abilities on bars and shuffles key binds associated. 5 secs(1 min CD)...you have to see the ablity on the bar and press the corresponding key for it during this period

3. Flash Bang type stuns make the screen go white...true stuns

4. Of course in game voice chat(but that's harder to implement

5. Make it easier to call objectives....people type "left" or "West".....should be able to click on the mini map and "ping" attention to area. GW1 has this, take a look

6. "gear match" skill: Boosts or drops your gear stats to that of the single targeted "debuffed" player for 15 secs(2min CD) Newbs would use it, Full WH would not.

can add some more, but adding dynamic PVP only skills that add dimensions to the game that keep it out of routine or rotational mindsets.

I hate most of that.

It takes 1 week to get BM gear, stats are not an issue anymore.

Nobody (as in me) wants to deal w/ flipped axis's and not being able to see. At least now when you are stunned for 12 seconds straight w/ no trinket up you can see what's going on and know what to do afterwards.

Learn to play your class, learn to counter others. If you can't, that's what teammates are for. All the QQing and **** on the forums is just people that can't play their class and don't know how to counter another.

Example: Marauder's are not OP. Your tanks need to taunt them, stun them, peel them, etc. If you go into a warzone by yourself with others by themselves, it's no freaking wonder a great 1v1 class seems OP. They are extremely manageable with good call outs and smart CCs. Not to mention roots don't fill resolve and makes them completely useless.

One class may be OP compared to another and almost impossible to balance with the different tree options in the various ACs.

add a few skills that are common across Classes:

1. Directional Chaos: Flips X & Y axis...left is right, up is down for 4 secs (1 min CD)

2. Chaos Abiility: "shuffles" abilities on bars and shuffles key binds associated. 5 secs(1 min CD)...you have to see the ablity on the bar and press the corresponding key for it during this period

5. Make it easier to call objectives....people type "left" or "West".....should be able to click on the mini map and "ping" attention to area. GW1 has this, take a look

6. "gear match" skill: Boosts or drops your gear stats to that of the single targeted "debuffed" player for 15 secs(2min CD) Newbs would use it, Full WH would not.

can add some more, but adding dynamic PVP only skills that add dimensions to the game that keep it out of routine or rotational mindsets.

like some of them, but others would be more irritating than being stunned from the time you enter combat to the time you die...

you could also exploit the gear match... take off all gear, target enemy team's best player, use your cd - laugh all the way from the re-spawn because your teammates destroyed him.

Edited by jolleebindu

Something you need to realize about MMORPG pvp. MMORPG pvp will always be the trailer park of competitive multi-player games.

Why? Because it cant be done right. And nobody has ever done it right. And nobody ever will.

PVP is the lowest form of competitive player vs player you can have, its a broken inconsistent gameplay mechanic that is always heavily dependent single player/group player gameplay tools.

It will always be writtled with balancing issues, broken mechanics and unhappy players. B/c everybody is not created equal, and they never will. This isnt MW3/gearsofwar/halo/battlefield where everybody is the same or has the potential to pick the same abilities or load-outs.

The simple fact of the matter is, to be happy with mmorpg you have to come to the understanding that it will never be balance, you have to accept the flaws and keep them to be bare minimum. Classes will always conflict and players will always be incapable of achieving the standard they want and they will blame it on not having gear, or classes having an unfair advantage even though they themselves appear in the same manner to others.

All in all, MMORPG is nothing but total and complete virtual hypocrisy.

Once you look past that, and stop expecting that youre entitled to the universe in terms to pvp and personal situation. You actually can have fun.

Frankly the only thing that truly bothers me in pvp now are the cc's, but overall nothing is more annoying then community mentality(lack of motivation yet you queue up and bring others down, exploiters, smarks ect) in more ways then i care to mention. try to get pass that,find some people who arent total jerks and you can have fun.

I agree with one thing.

Making it EASIER for PUGS to call objectives.

Things like naming the doors with actually NAMES.

Coloring Turret Nodes in Civil War. Red, Green, Blue. Like that.

Removing Huttball from SWTOR because it's terrible.

Could be fun and interesting....

Would be interesting, but not fun at all.

Except one Race is blind and sees with the force ;)

It's not that hard to implement. The technology exists. Dunno why it wasn't added at release!

A lot of games have this...and it would be a nice feature.

Dumb

like some of them, but others would be more irritating than being stunned from the time you enter combat to the time you die...

you could also exploit the gear match... take off all gear, target enemy team's best player, use your cd - laugh all the way from the re-spawn because your teammates destroyed him.

It just changes your stats to be that of the other player's, so it can backfire or boost, doesn't change the other player's gear stats.

When I played RIFT there was a Dominator Mage class that ran for about a month that was a Pre-made killer

When players grouped together, you could cast 2 AOEs that would remove the entire groups Mana/Energy

Since premade hug healers it was killing them....this time the PRE-mades ran to the forums crying nerf.

I liked that skill set, I quit RIFT after they nerfed dominator the 4th time.....each time DPS/Tanks QQ'ing caused the Donimators to be nerfed....even though they didn't really "Kill" anyone, but sucking all the ability juice from a premade..."balanced" things too much.

So I am just looking for similar PvP abilities that cause CHAOS in premade groups.

I agree with one thing.

Totally agree about doors. Left means actually right door if you defend. Retarded.

Civilian war: grass/snow/mid. Problem solved. I prefer that BW would make macros so I could call for income by one click if attacked by stealthie, not trying to fight and type :-/

And Huttball is awesome.

Except one Race is blind and sees with the force ;)

I can imagine walls of text with crying "every human for himself" ruins the game.. oops, wrong forum.

Actually this is awesomest idea so far. Flashbang which really blinds you for 6 seconds of 8 and 1 second for fade in and fade out.

I agree with one thing.

huttball is by far the BEST WZ in this game. it requires the most teamwork to play. gear matters least in this WZ. since 1.2 you cant just tank the ball all the way to the goal anymore.

You assume all people click, that's cute.

pressing #1, or ctrl#2, etc would be shuffled as well, during that time, yes you would have to click abilities.

Clicking is intended, that's why there is a UI for abilities to be clicked on.

What % of the games pop are clickers?