Snipers are DOTTERS ***!!!!!!

Nevimore

In a 1v1 situation a lethality will beat a marksman all day erry day unless it's in an area with nothing to los behind. Even if there isn't...I'm fairly certain a leth might still come out on top.

I agree with your main post but not with this point. A MM should beat a lethality due to 2 major points.

1) legshot and flashbang actually do something as MM so you can prevent the LoS easier.

2) wait for the 2 dots, hit diversion, interrupt cull.

In a 1v1 situation a lethality will beat a marksman all day erry day unless it's in an area with nothing to los behind. Even if there isn't...I'm fairly certain a leth might still come out on top.

Against light armor, marksman is definitely king. Against heavy armor, lethality is definitely king. Personally I'm going to take the 'no weakness' over 'more strength'.

never ever lost a 1v1 vs a lethality sniper unless I been below 25% health when he engaged me mm kicks the **** out of leth in pvp 1v1

back to the question at hand then I believe this is why they where/are talking about introducing duo class so that u can use the leth when u need the high sustatained and the mm when u want the burst

PvP Marksman vrs PvP Lethality = Loss for Lethality (assuming same equipment and skill)

The reason is that MM has a lot more Burst Damage.

PvE MM vrs PvE Lethality Mob fight = Loss for Lethality as you don't want to right throwing your Corrosive Grande over a CC Mob.

PvE MM vrs PvE Lethality boss fight = Loss for MM for 2 reasons ;-

1. Lethality access there main damage while running (not crouched)

2. Most of Lethality talents ignore armour

Which brings me 2 PVP MM vas PVP Lethality total damage = Lethality Wins

Simply as you are more mobile and you ignore armour.

Totally agree. I am a hardcore PvPer. I love to strategically place my MM and force you to move him. I don't want to run around a pole and spaz while trying to cast cull and WB. The damage is better in lethality but, I don't care for it. When I wanna run around I'll get on my juggernaut.

never ever lost a 1v1 vs a lethality sniper unless I been below 25% health when he engaged me mm kicks the **** out of leth in pvp 1v1

back to the question at hand then I believe this is why they where/are talking about introducing duo class so that u can use the leth when u need the high sustatained and the mm when u want the burst

Must be some really bad lethality snipers on your server. If the leth sniper is any good he has a huge advantage over you. He will LOS you to death. He doesn't have to be in your range to continue to damage. Once he begins cull if you get up you will lose all your bonus to defense.

Not to mention he is probably specd to have escape on a faster cooldown and flash reduce your accuracy by 10%. So .... yeah...

Lethality is good vs scrubs but smart players cleanse and assasins turn yellow making you completely useless.

In ranked pvp marksman will be the only viable spec premade vs premade

Turn yellow.. Lol dude learn the ability names. Its easily recognizable thing, our knockback and root still work. Cleanse will not help them against cull,. If they use force shroud to become immune to tech i will reapply them after it and bye bye cloak vanishing.

As for marksman, assasins got 50% deflection.

Besides, its not that in ranked sniper's team mates will let you just gank him.

All trees will have advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Totally agree. I am a hardcore PvPer. I love to strategically place my MM and force you to move him. I don't want to run around a pole and spaz while trying to cast cull and WB. The damage is better in lethality but, I don't care for it. When I wanna run around I'll get on my juggernaut.

Turn yellow.. Lol dude learn the ability names. Its easily recognizable thing, our knockback and root still work. Cleanse will not help them against cull,. If they use force shroud to become immune to tech i will reapply them after it and bye bye cloak vanishing.

As for marksman, assasins got 50% deflection.

Besides, its not that in ranked sniper's team mates will let you just gank him.

All trees will have advantages and disadvantages.

L2P cleanse gets rid of both CG and Dart making your cull do what 600 damage a tick thats useless. Go ahead and re-apply your dots after u just used them you'll have half or less energy haveing done 0 damage and that means your done.

Obvious scrub, anyone who runs 8 man premades on the regular knows lethality is garbage vs good teams since the entire spec is based on cull which is useless vs a competent healer tough luck champ start practing your MM before ranked comes out.

Lethality isn't the Sniper design. Lethality is the Agent design. It's the tree that both the Agent and Operative have in common, and it plays off the abilities that are specific to the base class, not the Advanced Class. If you want to play as a Sniper, you go Marksmanship or Engineering. If you want to play Operative, you go Medicine or Concealment. If you want to play as an Imperial Agent, you go Lethality.

Why is it no one seems to look at it that way?

As a 65 valor marksmen sniper who also uses it in pve, I did my highest parse on the Firebrand Stormcaller fight with 487k total damage. Does that make me bad ?

The marauder in the ops did 605k total damage.

My 2nd ever highest parse was in a voidstar with 430k.

Marksmen should be the better damage spec then lethality and also have decent energy regen. As it is, if i go under 60 energy it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain energy and my burst damage vs good marauders.

Using a dot to do damage is lame as a sniper /

Give us Marksmen some type of energy boost like 10-20% extra comapred to what it is currently when it falls below a certain percent and I'd be very happy.

Lethality is good vs scrubs but smart players cleanse and assasins turn yellow making you completely useless.

In ranked pvp marksman will be the only viable spec premade vs premade

Lethality is actually extremely powerful. Especially against stealth classes. It's also fantastic against heavy armor as well as MM and all tanks. However, it lacks big time against knights/warriors. Especially sentinels. And it's not hard to get around cleanse and other abilities. It's pretty easy to keep dots on whether they're wanted or not. Wounding shots (agent version called cull?) gains the 30% damage increase from Hemorrhaging blast. That attack will do crazy damage against pretty much anyone. You can lay people flat out with it.

Must be some really bad lethality snipers on your server. If the leth sniper is any good he has a huge advantage over you. He will LOS you to death. He doesn't have to be in your range to continue to damage. Once he begins cull if you get up you will lose all your bonus to defense.

Not to mention he is probably specd to have escape on a faster cooldown and flash reduce your accuracy by 10%. So .... yeah...

well u are probably right about that I find that 90% or so off all sniper suck though irregardless of temp just find leth to be the easiest ones to kill coz of there mediocre burst damage all I need to do is stun them and they are dead pretty much

L2P cleanse gets rid of both CG and Dart making your cull do what 600 damage a tick thats useless. Go ahead and re-apply your dots after u just used them you'll have half or less energy haveing done 0 damage and that means your done.

Obvious scrub, anyone who runs 8 man premades on the regular knows lethality is garbage vs good teams since the entire spec is based on cull which is useless vs a competent healer tough luck champ start practing your MM before ranked comes out.

You really need to do some research before telling someone to L2P. For example, research the Lingering Toxins talent in the Lethality tree and then get back to us with more realistic thoughts on Cull and cleanse effects.

Edited by Xbig

You really need to do some research before telling someone to L2P. For example, research the Lingering Toxins talent in the Lethality tree and then get back to us with more realistic thoughts on Cull and cleanse effects.

LOL herp derp take your own advice, even specced to 100% chance for lingering toxins 1 cleanse will clear both dots and they wont apply lingering toxins after removed.

For example do you even play any healers and know what your talking about? Rhetorical question of course you don't.

Edited by The-Smasher

LOL herp derp take your own advice, even specced to 100% chance for lingering toxins 1 cleanse will clear both dots and they wont apply lingering toxins after removed.

For example do you even play any healers and know what your talking about? Rhetorical question of course you don't.

To clarify, because I don't play a healer and I also don't play Lethality because of my general dislike of DoTs in PvP...

So Lingering Toxins only comes into effect once the DoTs end after their full duration and it doesn't work if the DoTs are cleansed before the duration is over?

If that's true then I have no reason to ever try Lethality again.

Main reason why i picked sniper when i started playing was that i wanted to play something other than a dot class. I get to play those in other games already so i must say i was dissapointed when i first really paid attention to all the specs.

Sniper as a dot class doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Whole lethality tree feels like it was quickly thrown in before launch because all classes should have three specs.

Edited by Helistin

+1, as a MM sniper i agree. dying fast and unable to escape is our price and punishment for bad positioning.

It completely depends on what your doing guys , I have done extensive tests with all matter of gear on my sniper and its a fact that lethality comes ahead 150-200 dps ahead of marksman.. PvP however is a different beast altogether, sometimes I want marksman for the burst (healers and ranged classes) and then I want Lethality for melee and tanks. With a healer on my team i would tend to go for the latter.

I also agree with the opening statement doing dots in pve as a sniper goes against the core morals of being a sniper.

Whoops you're right. My bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.