The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone have math on best relic?

dardack

I just Tried a matrix cube a= over a champion relic and it raises my crit over a full percent and my crits do over 100+ more dog to the same targets. I also have 160 daily coms and I am debating trying one of the proc trinkets. Maybe the elem on .

I posted this on another thread:

I just wanted to add a quantifiable figure to using the Lightning Pillar relic.

300sec Mox parse:

435894 Total Damage Dealt

1439dps

Lightning Spike 8885 damage 2.04%

The other relic used was the Matrix. Augmented 5pc with mostly t2 mods.

I posted this on another thread:

I just wanted to add a quantifiable figure to using the Lightning Pillar relic.

300sec Mox parse:

435894 Total Damage Dealt

1439dps

Lightning Spike 8885 damage 2.04%

The other relic used was the Matrix. Augmented 5pc with mostly t2 mods.

Which is the lightening pillar? I have the new elemental proc one.

Which is the lightening pillar? I have the new elemental proc one.

Lightning pillar = energy damage.

Currently energy/kinetic are a bit better than int/ele in raids, due to armor debuff stacking. They are roughly equal with 1 armor debuff against a boss with 35% armor.

Which is better for pvp would depend on what class you're fightning.

Through my own tests I found that on proc relics seemed fairly lackluster and not worth it. I also found the best combination of relics to be the matrix cube and an on use power relic, rakata equivalent or higher. Because I ran these tests a couple weeks ago I don't have any numbers I can list, but if you want actual numbers I can run some parses later.

Through my own tests I found that on proc relics seemed fairly lackluster and not worth it. I also found the best combination of relics to be the matrix cube and an on use power relic, rakata equivalent or higher. Because I ran these tests a couple weeks ago I don't have any numbers I can list, but if you want actual numbers I can run some parses later.

Power/crit Relics, to me, are more valuable in PvP. The advantage is you get to choose when to trigger the buff. In PvE, maybe in a fight like SOA final phase where you would want something like that as well. But in general as far as adding damage output I dont think it really matters. I doubt that a power relic would add more than 2% to your total damage over the course of 5min.

On use power relic: 400 power? ( i think its a little lower but we'll fudge the numbers in its favor)

1/6 uptime = 66.666666 averaged power

66.6666 power *.23 (power conversion) * 1.05 ( warrior buff) = 16.1 bonus damage averaged

This works out roughly equal to 2% of your bonus damage if you have about 750 bonus force damage like my sorc alt, though i'd imagine campaign and bh gear, and even properly itemized rakata would get more.

This does not equal a 2% avg increase in dps, because part of the damage for every ability is base, and that works against the power relic for this "math". However, this simple equation also doesnt count lining up your uses of the relic with other cooldowns, or getting 4 uses in a 6.5 minute fight (which would give closer to a 20% uptime instead of 16%), or lining up more of your burst with the cooldown. all of those factors depend on the player and would work in favor of the proc relic. Fights requiring burst phases would also favor the power relic.

So basically, what i assume it'd boil down to: ifyou're good about using it to the fullest extent, the cooldown is probably a bit better, if you're not, the proc will definitely be better.