Mercenary - great class story, but sucks horribly in PVP

sithlordcip

Its above your understanding that Mercs SUCK , you should go play one in pvp and in warzones meet a mara/senti face to face 1v1, guess who wins

I dont ever remember saying i dont play one?? I said i play a sent wich i do was my first and fave toon. But i also enjoy my bounty hunter as well my second toon.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think we, as mercs, should be able to beat maras/sents at both ranged and melee and that is ok?

I've read this whole thread and I've never seen the OP or anyone else say that once. All I've seen anyone ask for is a fighting chance against melee, which Commandos don't have right now. The game isn't and shouldn't be balanced around 1v1, but right now Commandos vs. Melee is getting so lopsided its ridiculous, and it isn't a damage issue. Commando damage is fine for the most part in PvP, its an issue or survivability.

Edited by NDiggy

Aw, the forum Naz...er...mods moved the thread from General Discussion. Seems like it would be a topic of general interest to me, certainly more relevant to this game than "Will you cancel if 1.3 doesn't come out in May" or "Things you can do during weekly maintenance".

Sorry if I'm flooding the forum with my opinion, but making power shot an instant cast ability would go a long way to fixing our capability against melee and keep us mobile. If that sounds OP, give it a 1.5 second cooldown or lower base damage.

So you think we, as mercs, should be able to beat maras/sents at both ranged and melee and that is ok?

Well when is a melee class not able to melee a merc? We have no root one short stun with a super long CD and one knockback that takes 3 seconds to walk back from (while you use ranged abilities on us anyways) or you can spec to be immune from it for 2 seconds after you leap in. I mean really if your argument is merc should only win at range and we can't in any way fight off melee closers what argument is that besides mercs are horribly broken or you are simply incorrect.

Edited by gattiman

Level 50 Mercenary currently Pyro use to be Arsenal since level 10 December 13th 2011 First day Early game access.

I have some battlemaster gear and some recruit gear currently (quit the game after like a month)

After gaining a few epic battlemaster pieces and seeing my expertise go up significantly I can say I am having no problems at PVP. I wish there were more fun specs to play around with besides boring arsenal and pyrotech.

I was arsenal for a long time and if you spec right you will almost never overheat. have 20 second CD jet boost and 1.30 second CD on determination. Spec into shield barrier works like a charm more than you think. I dipped into pyro with my remaining points, i had the reduce heat thing from both specs. Arsenals mobility and burst is amazing even with the longer cast time to tracer missile now. Just takes gear and some know how man.

Cast a few tracers, cast unload whenever barrage is up it will do decent damage and rail shot whenever u have 5 x tracer lock from tracer missile. If you get 5 x application of tracer missile throw in a heatseeker missile. You will overheat only rarely and when you do vent heat. Its a simple not much skill playstyle but its very effective and good if you dont want a hard class. Arsenal is hands down **** for pvp in alot of situations especially if your not being focused on. Mercs are like Turrets similar to Hunters in WOW.

Im pyro now because i am totally bored of casting and missile spam. Pyro is more instant cast. I wouldnt say im an expert on pyro so im not going to talk about it.

If you do not want to go heals and you do not mind some spam go arsenal and get shield barrier and get both reduce heat talents from pyro and Arsenal. Dont get envrio suit or the middle thing from first tier or improved concussion missile.

And remember to use your CD wisely like energy shield, kolto overload, and electro dart the universal BH stun.

you can pretty much spam jetboost to get ppl away from u

Jetboost isn't spammable.

Level 50 Mercenary currently Pyro use to be Arsenal since level 10 December

13th 2011 First day Early game access.

I have some battlemaster gear and some recruit gear currently (quit the game after like a month)

After gaining a few epic battlemaster pieces and seeing my expertise go up significantly I can say I am having no problems at PVP. I wish there were more fun specs to play around with besides boring arsenal and pyrotech.

I was arsenal for a long time and if you spec right you will almost never overheat. have 20 second CD jet boost and 1.30 second CD on determination. Spec into shield barrier works like a charm more than you think. I dipped into pyro with my remaining points, i had the reduce heat thing from both specs. Arsenals mobility and burst is amazing even with the longer cast time to tracer missile now. Just takes gear and some know how man.

Cast a few tracers, cast unload whenever barrage is up it will do decent damage and rail shot whenever u have 5 x tracer lock from tracer missile. If you get 5 x application of tracer missile throw in a heatseeker missile. You will overheat only rarely and when you do vent heat. Its a simple not much skill playstyle but its very effective and good if you dont want a hard class. Arsenal is hands down **** for pvp in alot of situations especially if your not being focused on. Mercs are like Turrets similar to Hunters in WOW.

Im pyro now because i am totally bored of casting and missile spam. Pyro is more instant cast. I wouldnt say im an expert on pyro so im not going to talk about it.

If you do not want to go heals and you do not mind some spam go arsenal and get shield barrier and get both reduce heat talents from pyro and Arsenal. Dont get envrio suit or the middle thing from first tier or improved concussion missile.

And remember to use your CD wisely like energy shield, kolto overload, and electro dart the universal BH stun.

you can pretty much spam jetboost to get ppl away from u