Server dead? come to Fatman loaded up with peeps.

runinmad

Free transfers coming soon. We do not know the protocol being set up, for all we know Bioware wants to create 4-5 servers as busy as Fatman so will be funneling people from their dead servers to more populated ones.

It makes no sense to drop everything now before they announce what is happening with server transfers.

Free transfers coming soon. We do not know the protocol being set up, for all we know Bioware wants to create 4-5 servers as busy as Fatman so will be funneling people from their dead servers to more populated ones.

It makes no sense to drop everything now before they announce what is happening with server transfers.

Not 100% sure - but in most cases its usually done opposite. They offer the 'free' transfers from the high-pop to the dead in an attempt to balance them-out. In order to get off a dead to a populated one - you usually have to pay.

I'm hoping that in the transfer plan they also plan on decomissioning some of the dead servers. That would maybe allow them to create several 'target' servers as you suggested. Without a decommission plan - there is zero incentive to move from a heavy-pop server to a struggling/dead one.

Not 100% sure - but in most cases its usually done opposite. They offer the 'free' transfers from the high-pop to the dead in an attempt to balance them-out. In order to get off a dead to a populated one - you usually have to pay.

I'm hoping that in the transfer plan they also plan on decomissioning some of the dead servers. That would maybe allow them to create several 'target' servers as you suggested. Without a decommission plan - there is zero incentive to move from a heavy-pop server to a struggling/dead one.

That only happens if they have a lot of servers with a higher than normal population. Peak time in north america we have 1 server that is Over Full, 4 that are Full, and the remaining are Standard and Light (about 50/50 mix).

There is no point in trying to get people from the few full servers we have to the dead servers. Five servers with more than a Standard Population divided by 30 Light servers = meaningless.

...But no so populated that I have to wait two hours just to get on the server and play.

I rerolled on Fatman and I love all the people and interaction on this server. But, be prepared to wait up to an hour.... I'm learning to log in anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour BEFORE I want to play.