Combat medic Arsenal

Martinic

Well here is a idea I thought up. Why not use the aresenal spec with combat medic gear. The alacricy stat makes the cast/channel times of Tracer missle and Unload shorter thus using more skills in a short time frame. The only downside is that you don't get skill bonuses for the spec wich the usual BH gear gives. So tell me is this a supid or a genius idea.

As stated above, too much Alacrity and you start running into problems of overheating to quickly. Even as a Bodyguard spec, power, crit and surge are better to go with than alacrity, to a point.

My merc is actually doing exactly what you are stating here. Most of my columi gear is combat medic since I was a healer before 1.2. I have since switched to dps. A lot of the combat medic gear is not terrible for dps, since it focuses on Aim over endurance. The gloves, helm, and Rakata implants from dailies are also all surge and crit.

The lack of accruracy on the Rakata Combat Medic earpiece and columi chest and pants are what really hamper the dps on Ops in this circumstance, not to mention the 2 piece set bonus for the extra 15% crit on TM if you are arsenal spec.

In short, the crit/surge pieces are fine, but as dps you are going to want accuracy for endgame stuff, and combat medic gear will not provide it the way the eliminator or combat tech gear will.

Well here is a idea I thought up. Why not use the arsenal spec with combat medic gear. The alacrity stat makes the cast/channel times of Tracer missile and Unload shorter thus using more skills in a short time frame. The only downside is that you don't get skill bonuses for the spec which the usual BH gear gives. So tell me is this a stupid or a genius idea.

the Hybrid Bodyguard/Arsenal was actually one of the better pvp specs for Mercs pre 1.2, I have my guy with mostly Bodyguard tree and the rest in Arsenal for the TM and knock back effects. Post 1.2 they cut the balls out of the build but I still use it. I like playing a fighting healer, sacrificing that lame duck ability emergency scan and it's previous talent ain't no loss.

Edited by Brutalos

true and false at the same time

cast faster -> crit faster -> vent heat faster -> dps more

depends on your crits for arsenal

There is a 3 sec ICD on that proc, which you are already hitting. alacrity wont help that. I spec'd into the 4% alacrity, and my logs showed my tracer missiles 1.485 secs apart, even though it should have been 1.44. Server ping was 20 ms at the time.

You should take accuracy over alacrity for increased unload damage, with no extra heat.

Edited by Nightfox_