The knight voice....

SerikFox

I don't know what made me suddenly think of this, but wouldn't it be great if Peter Cullen had done the knight voice?

It would be too jarring and kill my immersion in the story if I heard Optimus Prime all the time. :)

I really like David Hayter's voicing of the JK, it's definitely not his snake voice, which is a nice change. It seems to fit the JK perfectly (at least Lightside, not gone darkside with a JK yet, so don't know how good he sounds getting all angry and emo)

Amusingly, the very first conversation in the game as a male JK is between the voice actors of Solid and Liquid Snake, being all friendly. Made me chuckle.

Kind of In topic....no faults to the guy who did Doc's voice, he does a very good job, but Doc would be absolutely perfect if they'd got Bruce Campbell to voice him.

I love David Hayter's work on the JK, though I don't like the lines he has to work with most of the time, at least if you want to play a serious Jedi and so skip on the middle and bottom responses most of the time, "I live to serve others" "A Jedi life is to help", etc don't remember obi-Wan/qui-gon/yoda/mace/luke/anakin ever say stuff like that :rolleyes:

It would be too jarring and kill my immersion in the story if I heard Optimus Prime all the time. :)

True.... but I would love to hear my knight say "give me your face" to some sith lol. (I personally hated the transformers movies, but I watched for the special effects; and for Optimus :D )

The world would be a lesser place if anybody but David Hayter did the Jedi Knight.

There's actually more than one Solid Snake/Liquid Snake conversation in the game; Nyranos, on the Republic Belsavis line, gives a big speech, something something my brother, during a conversation with the Knight.

Weird, I'd have killed to swap Nolan North for David Hayter on my Knight. This may be partly because I made my knight a massive bearded guy, and hearing a nasally voice come out of him was super weird. It fits pretty well if you go for a Luke Skywalker type character, who's young, limber and energetic, but in my mind the character was supposed to be more "Burly, mature Scottish Warrior Jedi"... so hearing the voice was kinda jarring, to say the least.

Part of it was the dialogue too. Most of the lines were just kind of... eh. There were a few good ones, but by and large they were kind of bland, and the voice lacked any emotion. I know jedi are supposed to lack emotion, but they're also flawed human(oid)s, and it'd have made some of the dialogue less weird. Too many moments where you find out something horribly jarring and the response is stated as if he were quoting the morning paper to a friend at work.

That applies especially to dark sided dialogue options where you bragged about how you would do horrible things to your enemies in the most unconvincing and atonal diatribes ever. SHOW SOME PASSION! From my brief tenure with the JC male, it seemed like the light-moderate options tended to be sorta similar or almost grandfatherly toned, whereas the snarky/dark side options tended to get a bit back more towards the "Nathan Drake" side of things with considerably more emotion thrown in (granted the Consular is never even going to be even remotely close to a Nathan Drake character in response option... alas; 'twas one of the great things about Kotor1!)

Edited by Halkyon

Weird, I'd have killed to swap Nolan North for David Hayter on my Knight. This may be partly because I made my knight a massive bearded guy, and hearing a nasally voice come out of him was super weird. It fits pretty well if you go for a Luke Skywalker type character, who's young, limber and energetic, but in my mind the character was supposed to be more "Burly, mature Scottish Warrior Jedi"... so hearing the voice was kinda jarring, to say the least.

Part of it was the dialogue too. Most of the lines were just kind of... eh. There were a few good ones, but by and large they were kind of bland, and the voice lacked any emotion. I know jedi are supposed to lack emotion, but they're also flawed human(oid)s, and it'd have made some of the dialogue less weird. Too many moments where you find out something horribly jarring and the response is stated as if he were quoting the morning paper to a friend at work.

That applies especially to dark sided dialogue options where you bragged about how you would do horrible things to your enemies in the most unconvincing and atonal diatribes ever. SHOW SOME PASSION! From my brief tenure with the JC male, it seemed like the light-moderate options tended to be sorta similar or almost grandfatherly toned, whereas the snarky/dark side options tended to get a bit back more towards the "Nathan Drake" side of things with considerably more emotion thrown in (granted the Consular is never even going to be even remotely close to a Nathan Drake character in response option... alas; 'twas one of the great things about Kotor1!)

Best description I've heard anywhere. I actually made my knight female because I hated how the voice fit my appearance.

I have to agree with the poster two posts up.

My main Jedi Guardian is a body type 3, beard-sporting dude and the voice really doesn't fit him at all. My buddy, who is more Luke-ish, fits the voice perfectly, but I can't stand it for my character. And, honestly, I don't really like it in general. I was so surprised how...forgive me, but how pansy it sounds considering it's Solid Snake. He sounds very boy scout to me. No grit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would pay an exorbitant amount of money in the future if they release a "More Voices!" expansion pack. I would absolutely love to be able to pick my knight's voice and make it something that sounds older, deeper, and more official/grave.

I have to agree with the poster two posts up.

My main Jedi Guardian is a body type 3, beard-sporting dude and the voice really doesn't fit him at all. My buddy, who is more Luke-ish, fits the voice perfectly, but I can't stand it for my character. And, honestly, I don't really like it in general. I was so surprised how...forgive me, but how pansy it sounds considering it's Solid Snake. He sounds very boy scout to me. No grit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would pay an exorbitant amount of money in the future if they release a "More Voices!" expansion pack. I would absolutely love to be able to pick my knight's voice and make it something that sounds older, deeper, and more official/grave.

My Jedi is a Type 3 Body, bearded guy with the nasty 'wolverine claw scars' on his left eye, and yet I find the voice fits him perfectly. Then again I am playing him as a Lightside Paladin type who only uses violence as a last resort despite being built like a berserker warrior, so the calm, measured tones are perfect.

Oh, and my current JK is not the first one I made. First one was a young, limber athletic Luke type, and I thought the voice didn't fit, so I re-rolled and made a character who I felt fitted the voice better (I did this with all the classes...played them enough to get a handle on what the voice would mainly sound like, then make a toon I felt fitted the voice best)

My Jedi is a Type 3 Body, bearded guy with the nasty 'wolverine claw scars' on his left eye, and yet I find the voice fits him perfectly. Then again I am playing him as a Lightside Paladin type who only uses violence as a last resort despite being built like a berserker warrior, so the calm, measured tones are perfect.

Oh, and my current JK is not the first one I made. First one was a young, limber athletic Luke type, and I thought the voice didn't fit, so I re-rolled and made a character who I felt fitted the voice better (I did this with all the classes...played them enough to get a handle on what the voice would mainly sound like, then make a toon I felt fitted the voice best)

Well...different strokes, I suppose. :)