Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Snippity Snip

These are the people I imagine who also blindly support small businesses and feel like any company with a customer service department is out to rip you off.

Snippity Snip

So give ToR a chance, If you feel like your money is wasted, let your account expire, and wait for Bioware to offer YOU the CONSUMER what you want to come back. For those who continue to stay positive, and try to hold together the fabrics of our community.

Thank you.:p

So you are being critical of people blindly supporting small businesses and in the same post urging them to blindly support a large business?

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed and yet not surprised at all by the childish people attacking others that are not happy on dead servers. I'm on a light server. (Extra light in th past 8 weeks or so). Rerolling is not an option. I have put a stupid amount of time into all my alts and my main.

I am a huge SW fan! That's why I'm here. I have done nearly everything there is to do on my lvl 50 main. The promise that you will never hear the same dialogue twice is a load of crap! I have 7 alts. I have tried every class Imp/Pub to lvl 20-27 currently. Legacy lvl 22 as of last night. I am subbed on a 6 month plan. If the side missions were different for each class (with dialogue that I have not heard 4 times each side imp/pub) I would be a lot better. I absolutely hate repeating the same basic story 4 times x 2 with minor differences from class to class.

So co-op group play is all I really have left to entertain myself with. (PVP bores me, I'm on a PVE server) So I cannot wait for the free transfers. As long as there are no BS queing just to log in and play. Or any lag. I joined a light server on launch day to avoid all that. And it has worked out. But people are leaving my server in droves! It's a ghost town. On any given planet I'm lucky to see 2-3 people. (Imp/Pub side). The fleet maybe 8 or less for a short time. It's really getting worse daily.

I know other MMo's have recently released. And that doesn't help. But server transfers and a lot more content have to come much sooner than later for this game to survive before it's too late. I want this game to succeed. But I'm bored as hell. And having no one to keep my mind occupied with in groups to break the monotony just makes it worse. Why would I continue to sub if this is the case? I'm sure I will be attacked for this post like many others have been. I could not care less waht those people have to say.

It's a forum. 99% of the time people come here to complain about what needs fixed. Gee what a concept! Get used to it. If you're happy with things. Then it must be nice to be so easily satisfied. I wish I could be. But if I'm paying. I need to be entertained for that hard earned money I'm shelling out. I work for it. Unlike some people that have their mommies pay their bills it seems.

I agree totally. The "I'm OK, F you" attitude is bad enough, but then telling other players that they are in some way wrong or foolish to not be enjoying the game is truely repulsive behaviour.

All I can say to the guys out there that desperately wanted this game to be a success, and tried contructive criticism to put their views across: don't take it to heart. The zealots are as most likely as disappointed with the game as the rest of us, but they can't or won't admitt it to themselves. And for every "so unsub" or "don't let the door hit you on the way out" remark, their game world becomes just that little bit more barren and lacklustre.

Edited by daveydiablo

So you are being critical of people blindly supporting small businesses and in the same post urging them to blindly support a large business?

How did you interpret "Blindly support bioware" from that post? Large or small businesses aren't even relevant to the point. Maybe you should read before you blindly reply.

I agree totally. The "I'm OK, F you" attitude is bad enough, but then telling other players that they are in some way wrong or foolish to not be enjoying the game is truely repulsive behaviour.

All I can say to the guys out there that desperately wanted this game to be a success, and tried contructive criticism to put their views across: don't take it to heart. The zealots are as most likely as disappointed with the game as the rest of us, but they can't or won't admitt it to themselves. And for every "so unsub" or "don't let the door hit you on the way out" remark, their game world becomes just that little bit more barren and lacklustre.

I think Bioware is actually listening, most of the complaints they are addressing....... the problem is it is taking too long (which isn't really Bioware's fault, there's just a lot to do), and players don't wait. :(

I guess you don't play the game because you enjoy it then :) clearly as you view this game as a waste of time then you should unsub. If it will make you happy than you should. If you don't want to play on a dead server and your not willing to adapt to the situation by re-rolling because you feel its a waste then you should unsub.

I have re-rolled may times myself, I have changed servers about 4 times now but it doesn't bother me because i actually enjoy the game very much.

i wont try to stick a label on you, or even characterize you, but you are one of the few that feel that way.

Whilst I agree that Bioware have made mistakes that have left quite a number of servers pretty dead, posts like this do nothing. I recently rerolled on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. In case you're unaware, this is the most heavily populated European server. If I wanted to, by logging on at particular times, I could take screenshots that show only a handful of people in fleet. I could even compile screenshots that show the same happening at what appear to be peak times. However, this fails to change the fact that Freedon Nadd usually has 150 people or more in fleet at peak times (at least, on the imp side, don't know about rep side), and I've seen it break 300 on more than one occasion.

Instead of posting a single screenshot entirely out of context, which does nothing except show you know how to take screenshots, do things like post what makes you think server populations are dropping and/or what you think is causing it. What would be even better if you posted ideas as to how Bioware could fix the problem.

Whilst I agree that Bioware have made mistakes that have left quite a number of servers pretty dead, posts like this do nothing. I recently rerolled on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. In case you're unaware, this is the most heavily populated European server. If I wanted to, by logging on at particular times, I could take screenshots that show only a handful of people in fleet. I could even compile screenshots that show the same happening at what appear to be peak times. However, this fails to change the fact that Freedon Nadd usually has 150 people or more in fleet at peak times (at least, on the imp side, don't know about rep side), and I've seen it break 300 on more than one occasion.

Instead of posting a single screenshot entirely out of context, which does nothing except show you know how to take screenshots, do things like post what makes you think server populations are dropping and/or what you think is causing it. What would be even better if you posted ideas as to how Bioware could fix the problem.

The depressing thing is Sunday Prime Time server states. :(

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

====================================================

Multiple Servers as Full and heavy or very heavy?

What server list are you looking at.

Fatman is the only PVP server that has any kind of population.

There is a PVE server out there i see that sometimes has a Standard pop. But who cares about PVE Servers anyways :)

There are no other servers with any kind of population.

ToRStatus does not lie.

Edited by Fomee

Dammit now I have to try to beat this mark.

Btw for those people who are going blue screaming "Fatman" and "Freedon Nadd", first of all there's legacy to consider before you can reroll. Second, the population problem has turned into a nasty cycle where the less people there are, the more people are leaving (rerolling or quitting) thereby decreaseing the number of people. A lot of servers are self-destructing each day this problem is not addressed.

And not everyone is rerolling. Some are leaving the game for good.

As more ppl leave servers it draws others off the server

so very very true.

I rerolled to Fatman like most pvpers. I hated leaving my 4 level 50's, my alts at 42 and 48 and a legacy of level 38.

Sure it sucks, but dont you want to play an MMO?

For me it was not having to pvp against the same 15 people day in and day out. I know their moves and habits, they know mine. I see their nameplate, they see mine and its the same moves over and over and over and over.

If you arent in the ONE WZ that MIGHT be going on, you have to wait for the ONE WZ to end. I guess I should feel lucky that there is ONE WZ that does pop. From what i am reading in the forums, people have to wait hours for a Q to pop if it does at all.

Even if 1.3 comes out and people move to super servers or other servers or stick with their rerolls on Fatman, I would love to see the actual active logged in subscriber numbers.

My guesstimation is around 30000 people left playing this game on North American Servers.

I figure if there are around 2500 on the One and only populated server and about 200 (stop laughing, LOL) on the dead or dying servers, it gives a pretty clear picture on the sad state of this game.

SIgh. I really wanted this thing to work out. Really.

I cancelled my subscription and was given 14 free days to "wait it out"

I am waiting. Not holding my breath.

I dont know if server merges/contraction/transfers are going to do anything for the people that got bored with this game 6 months after launch.

I dont think its gonna be enough.

Here's hoping i'm wrong.

What I find interesting is that the belief that 300 people on a realm is healthy population. In previous games I played, nightly we would field 80-100 people for raids for just our guild, and our guild wasn't even the largest on the server. Somehow somewhere the lines "got crossed". It's like we are arguing aover an 80 square foot house vs a 200 square foot house as being large, and the reality is much different.

Edit: Yes 80 square foor houses do exist: http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/pages/books

Edited by Drakkip

What I find interesting is that the belief that 300 people on a realm is healthy population. In previous games I played, nightly we would field 80-100 people for raids for just our guild, and our guild wasn't even the largest on the server. Somehow somewhere the lines "got crossed". It's like we are arguing aover an 80 square foot house vs a 200 square foot house as being large, and the reality is much different.

Good servers like Fatman of Jedi Covenant could have 150-300 in a single zone, not realm. Each starting zone normally has 50-100, Fleet will have 100-200, the home world will have 100-150, each leveling planet will have 30+. etc. And those numbers wouldn't even count the other side.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Good servers like Fatman of Jedi Covenant could have 150-300 in a single zone, not realm. Each starting zone normally has 50-100, Fleet will have 100-200, the home world will have 100-150, each leveling planet will have 30+. etc. And those numbers wouldn't even count the other side.

I won't argue that fatman or Jedi Coven have good populations. My point was speaking to in specific where people are talking about other servers and its' comments that lend to the implication that having a few hundred people on a server is a lot. I guess it's partly about expectations. My expectation is that in this day and age servers should be holding 10k-100k people or more. The term Massively-MORPG seems overstated when server caps for the game sit around 3k people...

I guess the definition of massively multiplayer varies greatly :eek:

I won't argue that fatman or Jedi Coven have good populations. My point was speaking to in specific where people are talking about other servers and its' comments that lend to the implication that having a few hundred people on a server is a lot. I guess it's partly about expectations. My expectation is that in this day and age servers should be holding 10k-100k people or more. The term Massively-MORPG seems overstated when server caps for the game sit around 3k people...

I guess the definition of massively multiplayer varies greatly :eek:

Besides eve can you show us any other game that can even handle that many players on a single server?

Besides eve can you show us any other game that can even handle that many players on a single server?

Ummm.... okay... I mean there is evidence of one game that has done it, so that proves it's not impossible.

Further to my point is that back in 1999 Everquest had server populations that would peak around 3000 (Which is what I was referring to several posts ago)

In the past, game server populations were visible during log-in, and showed peaks of more than 3000 players per server

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest

Seeing how far hardware has come in the last 12 years, it's not much of a stretch to have an expectation that games could up what they can handle in terms of server populations. My comment wasn't just in specific to SWTOR, it was more of a generalization in relation to all games. However, to answer you directly, supposedly in MoP, WoW's next expansion, there will be cross realm grouping for zones. Admittedly that is not the same things a having a server with 50k people, however, it does bring a lot more people together, and helps address the issues with low pop zones.

I love the retorts here on this forum it's always one of the following:

-Name one game that has done that (If example provided then)

-Besides this one other game name one game that has done that (If example provided then)

-Sure lots of other games have that but it's after X amount of years in development you can't expect a new game to have it

Regardless of what examples are provided to support a premise, there isn't ever anything that is good enough for the die hard supporters to accept.

Would you or anyone argue that 10k server cap would be better than 3k? That's all my point was.

My expectation is that in this day and age servers should be holding 10k-100k people or more.

I'm just trying to imagine general chat in a community that big. Or trying to find enough cow butts or whatever quest item you need with so many other people after the same cow butts.

I think the Fatman population is just right. Queues pop nicely. Flashpoints/heroics are usually easy to get. With LFG tool it will be perfect. Feels massive but not overwhelming. Of course this is totally subjective and YMMV

Ummm.... okay... I mean there is evidence of one game that has done it, so that proves it's not impossible.

Further to my point is that back in 1999 Everquest had server populations that would peak around 3000 (Which is what I was referring to several posts ago)

Seeing how far hardware has come in the last 12 years, it's not much of a stretch to have an expectation that games could up what they can handle in terms of server populations. My comment wasn't just in specific to SWTOR, it was more of a generalization in relation to all games. However, to answer you directly, supposedly in MoP, WoW's next expansion, there will be cross realm grouping for zones. Admittedly that is not the same things a having a server with 50k people, however, it does bring a lot more people together, and helps address the issues with low pop zones.

I love the retorts here on this forum it's always one of the following:

-Name one game that has done that (If example provided then)

-Besides this one other game name one game that has done that (If example provided then)

-Sure lots of other games have that but it's after X amount of years in development you can't expect a new game to have it

Regardless of what examples are provided to support a premise, there isn't ever anything that is good enough for the die hard supporters to accept.

Would you or anyone argue that 10k server cap would be better than 3k? That's all my point was.

You need to take into consideration graphic quality and particle effects. Hell even the almighty WoW had servers crash when 100 people would raid the cities. Have you not notced that since WoW most games have tiny worlds but pretty good graphics? Ya, I'm sure if a game came out today with graphics the quality of EQ it could easily hold that many players.

Edited by Skidrowbro