Has anyone noticed Assassin's Whirlwind.

PendragonIX

Has anyone noticed that if a Assassin whirlwinds you and you take damage the CC doesn't break? I'am not sure if this is intended but the abilities description still states damage will end the effect prematurely.

From what I recall there's no skill in any of the tree's that allow whirlwind to do this, so is it a bug or intentional? It seems unfair to me being able to stun someone for 10sec (Eletrocute+Whirlwind) and them still being able to take damage.

This is not a QQ thread its a discussion thread.

Edited by PendragonIX

There's a talent for it that stuns the target for 2 seconds if the Whirlwind CC is broken early.

That's probably what you're experiencing.

If you are really stunned for 8 seconds then it would be a huge bug, but i doubt it since i've never

seen that happen and there would be QQ of epic proportions about it on the forum.

Edited by viLe-

There's a talent for it that stuns the target for 2 seconds if the Whirlwind CC is broken early.

That's probably what you're experiencing.

If you are really stunned for 8 seconds then it would be a huge bug, but i doubt it since i've never

seen that happen and there would be QQ of epic proportions about it on the forum.

No that talent is in the madness tree and i still get this effect running darkness with no points into that particular skill.

Also forgot to mention this happens in PvP i haven't experienced it in PvE, not sure why the thread was moved.

Edited by PendragonIX

I haven't experienced this myself, but guildmates with which I run premades all the time tell me that it does indeed happen... I guess it's a bug and should be reported... It may be akin to getting stuck in a semi permanent force choke... Possibly lag related, But I know I've been held in choke for longer than 4 secs.

Funny fact, if you take the talent in the madness tree then WW does idd. break and stun for 2 sec.

However if you do not take the talent, the target keeps beeing CC'ed regardless of dmg, the dmg the target takes is however reduced by 50%+ while in WW.

Bug or intended dno, most likely a bug.

Edited by upzie

i havent noticed the unbreakable whirlwind, but it is meant to heal strong targets if it is cast on them.

players are always considered strong targets.

I do believe that is only for the Sorc Whirlwind and not the Sin Whirlwind. I could be wrong, but I never noticed whirlwind ever healing on my sin.

i havent noticed the unbreakable whirlwind, but it is meant to heal strong targets if it is cast on them.

players are always considered strong targets.

No no no, how many times are people going to say that....

Players are NOT considered strong targets, players are players, simple as that.

I have the 2sec stun talent and have seen my WW breaking and stunning, breaking and NOT stunning, and not breaking and target taking reduced damage. And yes I made sure I damaged them right after WW while I as testing. So yeah... wdf? Edited by Havocx

This is not a bugg the harnessed darkness talent point is what makes the whirl wind for darkness tanks not break on damage but it does heal the target. so if i hit the target for 500 damage you will instantly see 500 green pop over the target you just hit. This talent in beta is what made it not break on damage and it still works if specced in to harnessed darkness.