Remove Set Bonus From Gear

itsmymillertime

I understand set bonuses are a big part of the game, but I feel set bonuses are a problem in the game and here is why:

1. Not all are equally good: Some set bonuses are good and some are bad in pvp and pve. This makes some classes inherently better than others as some like the Marauder are not even close to as useful as the Mercenary.

2. PVE gear is still good in PVP: I do have to mention that we have a marauder in our guild who is half battlemaster and half campaign/black hole and he does lots of damage. Can you test a hybrid gear toon and see how it does against an all pvp toon. But back to the set bonuses, pve gear bonuses work in pvp and with the imbalance of pvp set bonuses, some people are grabbing the 2 set bonus of rakata and 2 set bonus for battlemaster as it is far superior to 4 piece battlemaster.

I hope these 2 points will make you think about set bonuses in pvp / pve content and how they cross over and disrupt the game as pve setbonuses/gear in pvp is still very viable.

Thank You for your time.

No, please never remove them. In fact, please add more of them. In LOTRO, I love how every area had a set, with set bonuses. It would be great if they added in more here.

why? all they turn out to be are bonus effects. more effects/stats is not always a good thing. the numerous sets in wow for instance that needed to be nerfed into basically uselessness purely because they were better than the next tier is an amazing example. rift is also looking at this very same issue thanks to how their design works with souls.

while the op is wrong on overall performance being attributed completely to set bonuses, i dont feel that they actually add anything interesting. you already get a bonus for wearing all of a set, you look better. there doesnt need to be a tangible benefit past that for gear.

Better idea, take out set bonuses as is, and just make them bonuses to certain pieces of gear. Gearis so bland as it is it's nothing more than get gear with basic stats, then get the next tier up (which stupidly has completely different assortment of stats, optimize your gear BW!) and finally at level 50 you get gear with something more than just the same old increase in stats. Why not have certain pieces give certain special stats or unique properties that don't require a catch them all set back?

Not to mention as the Op said some set bonuses are better than others. My friend is a Sorc healer, both his set bonuses immensely help him. Mine as a DPS Juggernaut? Not nearly as much.