Drop in server population is pushing me towards quitting

Irenicus_Jon

I am on one of the least populated servers in EU. It wasn't always like this, after launch we were in the top five. Nowadays we'll have 20ish people in the fleet at peak times. It's the same on both Republic and Empire.

I tried re-rolling on a populated server and have a level 50 on it. The difference is staggering, but on my original server I'm almost legacy level 40 with nifty buffs and legacy abilities all unlocked. Not to mention that my main is quite geared. If we didn't have 1.2 changes and the legacy system I'd probably abandon my original server, but ironically since I've already unlocked so much, I'd rather quit instead of playing without the legacy rewards (I know it is not the most rational idea).

I am sure I'm not alone in such a position, when do we get server merges or transfers?

Probably in a few months but like the Guild rollout you more than likely wont get to pick whatever server u want just quit go back to WOW sign up for the annual pass get Diablo III and the new expansion BETA all in one and im sure u will be much happier i know i am :D

I'm getting miffed at how desolate it has become.

I have decided to hold out till 1.3, and if nothing is done, I'll leave.

Not to any other game, I hate WoW, and Gw2 is awful, hence why I am holding out, It is a great game, but lack of people to play with is unacceptable for a MMO with a monthly fee, I haven't even managed to set foot in an Ops yet, hell, I'm lucky if I can do BT HM..

I've re-rolled on 2 different servers but the outcome is always the same...no one around to do those "heroic" quests or flashpoints. I guess whoever decided to throw a lot of those type of quests at you honestly thought people would be playing this game.

I am on one of the least populated servers in EU. It wasn't always like this, after launch we were in the top five. Nowadays we'll have 20ish people in the fleet at peak times. It's the same on both Republic and Empire.

I tried re-rolling on a populated server and have a level 50 on it. The difference is staggering, but on my original server I'm almost legacy level 40 with nifty buffs and legacy abilities all unlocked. Not to mention that my main is quite geared. If we didn't have 1.2 changes and the legacy system I'd probably abandon my original server, but ironically since I've already unlocked so much, I'd rather quit instead of playing without the legacy rewards (I know it is not the most rational idea).

I am sure I'm not alone in such a position, when do we get server merges or transfers?

My whole guild is in a similar position and a bunch of us canceled after BW announced that we will be forced to pay to consolidate our characters, unless we're extremely lucky with the free transfer destinations. No idea what they where thinking but I for one won't be charged for population issues nor will I leave 4 months of effort behind.

Hello everyone!

We're going to close this thread as a number of others are being used by the community to discuss the topic of server population at the moment.

Server Population is GROWING!

Server population is dropping...

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

Feel free to continue this discussion in one of the threads listed above!