Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Which companions would be friends?

Roodbot

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Malavi and Andro would be good friends after the fact, they would clash at first over all kinds of things though.

I can't see that at all. I think they would start out tolerant and end up murderous.

I'd want to keep Fourex well away from impressionable little T7. Fourex is a complete whackjob. But he's just so enthusiastic about wanting to blow things up, it's hard not to like him.

Actually, I could readily imagine Fourex talking T7 and a drunken Blizz into a nighttime raid on Korriban. They all share a certain childlike energy and are really, REALLY HAPPY TO DO WHAT YOU ASK MASTER!

"We shall land just outside their sensor range. Blizz will create a diversion by short-circuiting the local planetary shields. I will eliminate the sentries, making certain they can no longer perform their fiendish duties to the detriment of freedom-loving civilians everywhere. Meanwhile T7 will slice into and download the Dark Council's latest plans."

"T7 = ready to go."

"Utini!"

During the raid, the effort was recorded by C2-N2 and made into a new propaganda movie.

I can't see that at all. I think they would start out tolerant and end up murderous.

I really doubt that Quinn and Andy would even want to be in the same room as each other....

Do we really see Captain Protocol hanging out with a pirate? Or would said Pirate be willing to put up with Captain Protocol?

I can see Doc and Theran getting into a fair amount of trouble together though, unless they're too similar and turn into frenemies.

I really doubt that Quinn and Andy would even want to be in the same room as each other....

Do we really see Captain Protocol hanging out with a pirate? Or would said Pirate be willing to put up with Captain Protocol?

I was assuming they'd try to be polite for the sakes of their respective Siths, who would have introduced them.

I was assuming they'd try to be polite for the sakes of their respective Siths, who would have introduced them.

Possibly polite on neutral ground and not one ship or the other.

Really, the only way I see this not ending in insults (at the least) is in a cantina, both of them extremely inebriated.

2V and C2. I think they'd get along well. The faction disparity would work in our favors: they'd keep each other occupied with tedious debates about Imperial meal plans vs Republic meal plans instead of lurking in solo ambush mode just waiting for someone to enter or exit or move around the ship(s)...

Possibly polite on neutral ground and not one ship or the other.

Here's what I figure, if Quinn and Andronikos had to interact for some reason:

1) They get to talking about one of the Sky Princess's famous raids against an Imperial vessel. Quinn has at least twelve ideas about the security failures that occurred and the countermeasures that should have been taken to secure Imperial property. Andronikos laughs in his face. Quinn starts ranting about the superiority of Imperial corvettes. Andronikos describes the fastest way to reduce them to scrap metal and pulls up some choice anecdotes about outflying the best of the best. This continues through multiple rounds of drinks, and blasters probably come out by the end regardless of their respective masters' orders. Alternately they coldly agree to check all this big talk in the field at the next possible opportunity...regardless of their respective masters' orders.

2) Andronikos can't resist needling Quinn with some piece of intelligence a random pirate shouldn't have. Quinn starts criticizing Andronikos based on the reports he's managed to trace himself. The pissing contest over who is better informed continues escalating until we end up with the same result as possibility 1.

3) Andronikos takes one look at Quinn, harrumphs, and wanders off to find something better to do. Quinn insists that somebody clean the seat and the bar where the pirate had been sitting before he himself deigns to settle. Quinn drinks alone, all night, as per usual.

Edited by bright_ephemera
typo

Okay, let's look at the Droids plus Blizz. C2-N2 and 2V-R8 would be duking it out over who gets SCORPIO, meanwhile Blizz rides around on his belly on top of T7, before getting distracted and trying to dismantle 4X, who protests fiercely but is unable to grab the guy, due to the awkwardness of his limbs.

Corso would get along with... Iresso, Aric, Elara and Yuun I believe. They'd talk all day about the Republic, weapons, war and good drinks. I honestly think that Corso (assuming that the Smuggler character is a dude) would try to flirt with Dorne once Corso got drunk enough.

Skadge and Khem would duke it out, with Bowdaar reffing. Broonmark may join in at the last second too, with Qyzen sitting there calculating how many Jagganth points each of them would give him.

Gault and Guss Tuno would get along, both con men who have a knack for staying alive.

Risha, Vette, Kira and Mako may get along. Heck, I could even see them flaunting off their guys and trying to decide who's the best.

DS Jaesa and Lord Scourge would sit in a corner, wondering who to kill, while LS Jaesa sits in the other corner, meditating or something.

Edited by Guildrum

Okay, let's look at the Droids plus Blizz. C2-N2 and 2V-R8 would be duking it out over who gets SCORPIO, meanwhile Blizz rides around on his belly on top of T7, before getting distracted and trying to dismantle 4X, who protests fiercely but is unable to grab the guy, due to the awkwardness of his limbs.

Corso would get along with... Iresso, Aric, Elara and Yuun I believe. They'd talk all day about the Republic, weapons, war and good drinks. I honestly think that Corso (assuming that the Smuggler character is a dude) would try to flirt with Dorne once Corso got drunk enough.

Skadge and Khem would duke it out, with Bowdaar reffing. Broonmark may join in at the last second too, with Qyzen sitting there calculating how many Jagganth points each of them would give him.

Gault and Guss Tuno would get along, both con men who have a knack for staying alive.

Risha, Vette, Kira and Mako may get along. Heck, I could even see them flaunting off their guys and trying to decide who's the best.

DS Jaesa and Lord Scourge would sit in a corner, wondering who to kill, while LS Jaesa sits in the other corner, meditating or something.

Lol! I love this!!! Just the ship droids fighting over SCORPIO would be enough, but the rest...good show, good show.

A drunk bar fight between: Darkside Jaesa Xalek and Lord Scourge vs Nadia Grell, Ashara Zavros and Kira Carsen.

Ultimate battle of the light side vs darkside. Light sude would win in my opinon.

A drunk bar fight between: Darkside Jaesa Xalek and Lord Scourge vs Nadia Grell, Ashara Zavros and Kira Carsen.

Ultimate battle of the light side vs darkside. Light sude would win in my opinon.

Pfft. Lord Scourge could take on the three padawans alone.

Skadge and Adronikos might get along. Khem Val and Qyzen both seem to have a hunter's heart.

These two probably would not be friend's due to species animosity but I would be curious what would happen if Bowdaar and Qyzen crossed paths.

I guess there would be a battle to the death

I say that Elara would start talking to all the imp officer companions and start talking about how the Empire is evil, and how awesome the Republic is. 1 of 2 things would happen, either; Soon after, the player characters come in and see Elara with multiple blaster wounds and contusions, screaming "I'll help you!" repeatedly while spamming heals on herself. :p I say this be because she CAN'T keep her mouth shut about the Republic. Or, all the Imp player characters would notice a strange lack of companions on roll call the next morning. ;) Mass defection is always funny. :D

I say that Elara would start talking to all the imp officer companions and start talking about how the Empire is evil, and how awesome the Republic is. 1 of 2 things would happen, either; Soon after, the player characters come in and see Elara with multiple blaster wounds and contusions, screaming "I'll help you!" repeatedly while spamming heals on herself. :p I say this be because she CAN'T keep her mouth shut about the Republic. Or, all the Imp player characters would notice a strange lack of companions on roll call the next morning. ;) Mass defection is always funny. :D

Only problem I see with this is Quinn, Mr. Empire-Forever. I think someone mentioned earlier that he'd probably make some snide passing remark to the traitor, and it's possible that he'd see it as his duty to execute Elara, and since they're both healers, it would make for a very prolonged fight between the two.

Only problem I see with this is Quinn, Mr. Empire-Forever. I think someone mentioned earlier that he'd probably make some snide passing remark to the traitor, and it's possible that he'd see it as his duty to execute Elara, and since they're both healers, it would make for a very prolonged fight between the two.

Ha! Can you imagine? They finally get down to it. The floor clears. Companions line up to watch, chanting "Fight! Fight!" Quinn and Elara exchange shots...once, twice...apply DoTs...and then come the heals. Plink, plink, heal. Plink, heal, heal. The audience is still going: "Fight! Fight!"

...twenty minutes later...

Aric: Are you even trying, Dorne?

Elara: Working on it!

Quinn, topping off his three missing HP rather than taking a shot: There. Patched up. FOR THE EMPIRE.

Pierce: You're an idiot. *preps for the headshot*

Kaliyo, pushing down Pierce's rifle's barrel: Now, now. That wouldn't be sporting.

Everyone, suddenly staring at Kaliyo: ...

Kaliyo: What? I can be polite.

...and on the floor: Plink, plink, heal. All. Night. Long.

Edited by bright_ephemera
typo

Ha! Can you imagine? They finally get down to it. The floor clears. Companions line up to watch, chanting "Fight! Fight!" Quinn and Elara exchange shots...once, twice...apply DoTs...and then come the heals. Plink, plink, heal. Plink, heal, heal. The audience is still going: "Fight! Fight!"

Quinn, topping off his three missing HP rather than taking a shot: There. Patched up. FOR THE EMPIRE.

Kaliyo, pushing down Pierce's rifle's barrel: Now, now. That wouldn't be sporting.

Ephemera, have I mentioned how much I love reading your posts?

Given the way the healer companions are, it wouldn't be surprising the fight would turn out that way. Ooo.. a thought just occurred to me... carbonizing sprays....

Ephemera, have I mentioned how much I love reading your posts?

Given the way the healer companions are, it wouldn't be surprising the fight would turn out that way. Ooo.. a thought just occurred to me... carbonizing sprays....

Thank you! I really enjoy playing on these threads :)

The carbonizing stream could be awkward...if they both get frozen at once, some of the onlookers might steal them both with the intent of selling them back to their respective employers...

hmm... I could think of Kaliyo possibly stealing the frozen versions of both, possibly even the bounty hunters and Tanno could always grab Quinn.

Of course if it plays out that all the companions were there, the rest of Havoc would probably line up to defend or rescue Elara because that's how they would probably roll.

Quinn... heh.. no one on his crew even likes him, it always felt like they just barely put up with him because they had too. Now, supposing the SW was female and married to Quinn and the crew did nothing to help extract him it's probable that she might be pissed (?) and therefore Pierce and company might grudgingly save him just to avoid dealing with the wrath of the Wrath.

The carbonizing stream could be awkward...if they both get frozen at once, some of the onlookers might steal them both with the intent of selling them back to their respective employers...

Or their respective employers drag them off the floor while they're frozen and keep them apart long enough to get too drunk to notice each other.

Thank you for making me laugh hard enough to hurt my cheeks. I appreciate that, lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.