Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PT dps

frivera

I'm wondering how Powertech dps compares to other dps classes like Merc and Sorcerers in all aspects of the game, solo, flashpoints and operations. I'd like to mainly dps but don't know if a dps PT is viable in endgame play. Thanks in advance, appreciate all responses.

I do mostly pvp but I have heard and seen parses of pyrotechs doing a lot of damage. They are among the top dps in the game both sustained and burst. Dardack will weigh in on the AP side, Apparently a properly played AP can do good dps aswell. Pyro just seems like it requires a little less effort to do that dps giving you a bit more attention you can use towards positioning and avoidance. Edited by Hardened

Oh, definitely. I normally tank on my PT, but when I get a chance to go Pyro, i'm pushing the Mara for first place, who is always a good bit ahead of the next closest on the parse.

You will still basically be a melee range though, so if your guild wants 2 ranged for fighting Zorn or something, you won't be able to fufill that role.

So it sounds like a dps PT can fill a dps slot in an operation with no issue?

As a dps Pyro PT, I am always top dps in an Ops (normal or HM). That's with a Sorc, 2 snipers, Merc, 2 Marauders, and an assassin all on rotation. That's without any t1 gear (except for implants) and no set bonus. I am currently using a full set of augmented gear.

I'm wondering how Powertech dps compares to other dps classes like Merc and Sorcerers in all aspects of the game, solo, flashpoints and operations. I'd like to mainly dps but don't know if a dps PT is viable in endgame play. Thanks in advance, appreciate all responses.

Basic heirarchy.

Maras > Pyro Pts > Everybody Else.

If you manage your heat well enough Pyro competes against top maras on most fights. Not to mention having high burst potential is pretty clutch on some fights as well.

:)

I keep seeing people talk about how they're the "highest dps" in there groups and what not... how can you tell? am i missing a secrete damage meter addon or something?

As far as I know there isnt a conspiracy to keep these things "secret" :). Google Mox Parse. You can also use Act. Another is TORParse. Also me saying that I am the highest in the raid, shouldnt translate as dps PT are always the highest. I just wanted to tell the OP that as a dps PT, we're more than just viable. We're right up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.