The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPS Vanguard aggro dump

icegreentea

DPS spec Vanguards need an aggro dump ability. I can grab aggro from tanks with just my regular rotations without hitting any cool downs. Every other class gets an aggro dump. I don't see why Vanguards get left out. Range classes get aggro dumps and they aren't even near the mob. I have to occasionally go into melee range. Pulling aggro on some of the bosses at the wrong time ends with me getting one shotted.

This is especially bad on bosses that require tank swapping as the tank have little time to build up aggro. They also need to save their taunts for when they do the switch.

Warn your tank when you're about to go heavy dps so they can taunt in advance and then again afterward with aoe taunt if necessary. On twin bosses split your dps when possible to keep your threat low. Have a sage use pull on you to lower threat.

There are ways to counter it, you just have to look around. Not every class gets everything.

Warn your tank when you're about to go heavy dps so they can taunt in advance and then again afterward with aoe taunt if necessary. On twin bosses split your dps when possible to keep your threat low. Have a sage use pull on you to lower threat.

There are ways to counter it, you just have to look around. Not every class gets everything.

Have you tried the new raid? You can't just switch to the other target.

Tanks can't just spam their taunts. If their taunts are not up during tank swaps especially in the new raid it's going to be a wipe.

I only have one sage in my raid and he's the healer. He's already burden enough with having to heal. I have to depend on another class to have to drop my aggro for me when every other class gets an aggro dump? Other classes also bring abilities that help the whole raid. As a dps Vanguard the only thing I bring is DPS and my dps is not going to be as good as classes that can reduce their aggro.

Edited by icegreentea

Have you tried the new raid? You can't just switch to the other target.

Tanks can't just spam their taunts. If their taunts are not up during tank swaps especially in the new raid it's going to be a wipe.

I only have one sage in my raid and he's the healer. He's already burden enough with having to heal. I have to depend on another class to have to drop my aggro for me when every other class gets an aggro dump? Other classes also bring abilities that help the whole raid. As a dps Vanguard the only thing I bring is DPS and my dps is not going to be as good as classes that can reduce their aggro.

Yeah, I know exactly how it works, having downed both the first two fights on hard mode as a VG tank. I happen to know very well that there is plenty of time for me to be taunting with my aoe taunt during a phase. Hell, phase transition would probably be the best time for you to pop off cooldowns, since we have to be taunting at that point anyway.

Again, there are plenty of tools at your disposal you just have to utilize them.