Will This Play swtor with no framerate problems?

koreandog

Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Quad Core) 8000K

* Intel Socket 1366 CPU fan

* MSI X58M, DDR3, SLI & Cross Fire, GB LAN, IEEE

* 6GB (3x2GB) PC3 8500 DDR3 1066 Triple Channel

* GeForce GTX 560 1GB PCI EXpress 16X dual head, HDMI

* 64.0 GB SSD Crucial M4 Series Solid State Drive, SATA3 6.0Gb/s, 415MBs

* Hard Drive Cooling Fan Aluminum Internal

* LG 22x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW

* LG 22x DVD Recorder Dual Layer +R/RW -R/RW

* Realtek HD digital audio (onboard)

* Ethernet network adapter (onboard)

* Cooler Master Elite 311 black, Side Window, front USB

* Thermaltake TR2 600W ultra quiet ATX Power Supply, SLI & X-fire ready

Oh that should do a lot without much a problem, though SWTOR isn't exactly optimised in my experience. Personally I would :

• Get a 560ti instead of the 560
  • Overclock the 560ti, but even as standard it's the best "bang-for-your-buck" card on the market.

Any reason you're not going down the Sandy Bridge route though? An i5-2500k will last a while, I'd dare say longer than the i7 you've listed. If you plan to OC the processor, the 2500k OCs far better than the 960. Even if not, again I'd suggest the 2500k, they should be a similar price.

What I do at the moment is run my OS and a few select applications off of an SSD and stick everything else on a secondary HD, guessing you're looking at doing this as well.

Edit: added one or two extra comments. Hope this helps :)

-J

Edited by JarenWelen

I'm running the 560ti and have no problems with the game at all (oh and i have only an i5 2500).

but like mentioned, add an SSD...it will make a difference on your load times.

Oh that should do a lot without much a problem, though SWTOR isn't exactly optimised in my experience. Personally I would :

• Get a 560ti instead of the 560
  • Overclock the 560ti, but even as standard it's the best "bang-for-your-buck" card on the market.

Any reason you're not going down the Sandy Bridge route though? An i5-2500k will last a while, I'd dare say longer than the i7 you've listed. If you plan to OC the processor, the 2500k OCs far better than the 960. Even if not, again I'd suggest the 2500k, they should be a similar price.

What I do at the moment is run my OS and a few select applications off of an SSD and stick everything else on a secondary HD, guessing you're looking at doing this as well.

Edit: added one or two extra comments. Hope this helps :)

-J

A Pentagon supercomputer built by NASA, equipped with Alien technology stolen by the FBI can´t play this game without lags, freezes and framerate issues.

+1 interwebz to you, mon ami ^^

@OP:

No computer can play this game properly without framerate issues due to the poor game engine.

You will minimise issues though with a fast processor (i5 2600K or i7 2600K Sandy Bridge, Socket 1155) and the fastest graphics card you can get (560ti 448, 570, 580, 680 especially on the Nvidia side) and loading the game from a fast SSD and having enough memory (12/16GiB) to comfortably create a RAMDRIVE from which to load SWTOR assets.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Keep in mind that the 560, 560ti and 560ti 448 are all different cards, with the 560ti 448 being the best.

Edited by llesna