FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reroll fatman you dont need to level a toon just join the fun :p

lol you think all of the ppl will safe The fatman? ppl already made decision they going out from game many had different reasons not only of empty servers... i only can be sure they will shut down many empty servers and offer everyone who is in empty server to move. SWTOR now is in critical condition that is fact.

Atm swtor really lost many playes the peak was 1.7 millions in february now its below then 1.2 millions and the game still losing players very fast. SWTOR only 6 months old and i cant see good future for this game. WOW already confirmed this month they had 10.3 million players. I left the game and going to play Diablo 3.

The peak was 1.7 million, and as of last week, BioWare reported no decrease in subs. So, it's currently holding steady at 1.7 million.

If my server does not get merged within the next month. I will be cancelling my subscription. I know that many other people on my server feel the same (ULA VII) it is a shame that it has come to this but I spend most of my game time now sitting waiting on enough people to do anything.

I think the game is great. I mainly PVP and despite some imbalance overall I really enjoy playing. But Warzones run for perhaps 2 hours at most each day now. I would not like to be Bioware management explaining to my board that the game lost subscriptions because too many servers where running.

Running servers is not cheap. Doing so when it is the specific cause of loosing revenue is crazy. If servers cannot yet be merged due to technical difficulties then they should really dedicate more resources to this.

I don't like the idea of threatening to cancel my subscription but its come to the point where I am paying and the state of the game is actively preventing me from playing. I for one will not continue to pay so I can idle on the fleet for an hour or so each day to see if we might manage to get a game or two.

I give up Bioware. You win. I won't try to play your game anymore. It takes three days to get your pvp daily done if your lucky on my 'pvp' server.

Enough is enough, good luck and have fun.

Sounds like you mayneed to suck less at PvP. I am on a similar dead server - 20 to 30 minute queues per zone - and I manage to at least get 2 if not 3 wins a day. my team wins anywhere from 33-50% of the time. 3 wins out of 8 tries is probably the worst I do.

Edited by islander

Guys You dont get it, dont u ? It will take much more time till you get the trasnfer.Remeber the problems we experienced from the very beginning? They had to shut down the servers and fix it, like with 1.2 problems.

We dont know which servers will go first for trasnfer, we dont know long it will take to transfer it, we dont know if someting will go wrong and they postpone the release, we dont if the transfer system will crash, it can happen.

So my opinion is late summer, maybe even more later.

Edited by Emdix

This is either false or goes to prove there's no point in sticking around for the incompetence fest to follow ... I'm sorry for this long rant, but some opinions posted in this thread are just outright ignorant of the world of IT and the technicalities involved in maintaining an MMO.
You're free to believe anything you wish, and we are as well. The opinions you're choosing to criticize, though, are based on the information that has been provided the community. You may not believe the informations' truthfulness, but your opinion is not enough to discredit its validity.

If you feel feel SWTOR is a failure this strongly, why are you even posting here?

The peak was 1.7 million, and as of last week, BioWare reported no decrease in subs. So, it's currently holding steady at 1.7 million.
Technically the peak was significantly more, and was attained within the first month after launch. 1.7 million was the number it stabilized at after that first month's conclusion. This behavior is to be expecting within the MMORPG industry, though it is worth noting that 1.7 million represents far greater retention than historical models would predict.

Running servers is not cheap. Doing so when it is the specific cause of loosing revenue is crazy. If servers cannot yet be merged due to technical difficulties then they should really dedicate more resources to this.
They already are. Character transfers and server consolidation are the developers' top priority.

If its holding steady 1.7 since february why everyone cryng because of no ppl? at february my server had good population about 80 - 100 ppl now last 3 weeks max 30 same in other servers how you can explain it?

and why they making free trial and 30 months subscription also they made half price game sale? usually it happens when the game losing subscibers and tryng any way to keep game going up.

Edited by Algaaa

You should not claim an impression as fact unless you have evidence supporting its validity.

read carefully what ppl posting right now i just edit one of hundred post for you

Right now: Sunday evening 9 PM, top gaming prime time of the week.

My server and factionside: 22 people online, 0 50s, 0 on fleet.

Check it out yourselfes server is senator contispex.

in my server the same problem : The Arkanian Legacy

Edited by Meluna

read carefully what ppl posting right now i just edit one of hundred post for you

Right now: Sunday evening 9 PM, top gaming prime time of the week.

My server and factionside: 22 people online, 0 50s, 0 on fleet.

Check it out yourselfes server is senator contispex.

in my server the same problem : The Arkanian Legacy

Same on Tassaa Bareesh server, its dead.

Edited by Meluna

If its holding steady 1.7 since february why everyone cryng because of no ppl? at february my server had good population about 80 - 100 ppl now last 3 weeks max 30 same in other servers how you can explain it?

and why they making free trial and 30 months subscription also they made half price game sale? usually it happens when the game losing subscibers and tryng any way to keep game going up.

Two words: Concurrent playtimes. Grasp that, then get back with me.

anchorhead earlier afternoon 20 people total on fleet. Go to fatman same time 141 on fleet. It is starting to get tiresome to get groups together for anything. I will probably stay up until june and then maybe try out the secret world. Don't get me wrong i have been having fun but when only 2 people in your entire guild log into the game and you can't get a group going for a FP it gets old fast.

If my server does not get merged within the next month. I will be cancelling my subscription.

Well then you might as well cancel now. Server Merges are not happening, transfers are, and not within the next month.

btw, can I have your stuff?

Two words: Concurrent playtimes. Grasp that, then get back with me.

No its because they are doing what wow does and getting half there sub numbers outside the US

people always say that wow has 10+ subs omg when in reality only 3m or less are in the US.

You're free to believe anything you wish, and we are as well. The opinions you're choosing to criticize, though, are based on the information that has been provided the community. You may not believe the informations' truthfulness, but your opinion is not enough to discredit its validity.

If you feel feel SWTOR is a failure this strongly, why are you even posting here?

My opinion is based on 12 years experience working with big servers and databases of all shapes and sizes, and i highly doubt Bioware has reinvented the industry specifically for this product. Obviously you choose to question my honesty and proceed on defending a company that has already failed to deliver on their promises. Maybe it's your analysis that needs to be redone.

Finally, i've answered to your question on my post but obviously you're not interested in reading any opinion that goes against your faith. Go check it out, if you've got time in between the hundreds of posts you must make everyday defending a company in which (i assume) you don't work.

I am a costumer, an informed one at it. As such i reserve the right to like or dislike a product, suggest changes, demand quality and respect for my intellect. Doesn't mean Bioware has to take me into account, but it sure doesn't mean i have to listen to strawman arguments and keep my mouth shut.

Your argument throughout this forum is the same as someone saying you can't complain about your phone company having your line full of noise for 16h a day, just because on the other 8h everything's peachy. And then proceed on telling us how the costumers are happy, everything is improving and how people ought to keep paying their bill because they're promising you a bright future.

Funny how you keep telling everyone if they're unhappy they ought to leave or stop complaining, yet i wonder why you keep trolling these forums if you have nothing to complain about. CSR-wannabe (or actual) much?

a company that has already failed to deliver on their promises.

Please enlighten us to the "promises" they failed to deliver on.

And I expect to see the words "We promise to" in the statements you quote. Because "we expect to", "we plan to", or "we hope to" are not promises.