FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

people should know by now your average sw tor player doesnt believe in patience.they believe in whining like a baby that just got there candy taken and then unsubscribing

the funny thing is though,i already see people complaining about guild wars 2,who do you think the people are that are complaining? my guess,the same bunch that complained here

bet this guy plays imp ^^ and his server doesnt have 12 people TOTAL logged in on pub. Yes i said it 12 people ToTAL not just fleet but in all the lands. It's 11 already and nothing to do enjoying my wasted time jumping in circles in fleet.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people should know by now your average sw tor player doesnt believe in patience.they believe in whining like a baby that just got there candy taken and then unsubscribing

the funny thing is though,i already see people complaining about guild wars 2,who do you think the people are that are complaining? my guess,the same bunch that complained here

Most likely the case, yes. Their cries will ultimately take a form very similar to what is seen here; every game suffers these "growing pains" after launch, and GW@ will be no different. Ultimately their whining and complaining won't speed things up or have much of an effect at all. Transfers will be offered as soon as it's possible to do so. If it's too ate and the population has already moved on, well then that's what the developers have to work with from that point forward.

Lol character transfers after 6 months of the most expensive mmo made to date.

Roflmao, yup the game is fine, subs are fine we are doing very well.

I told you so to all those hardened BW supporters, keep fighting the good fight!

Hey, doesn't WoW offer server transfers? DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!!!

Whats wrong with people wanting to be able to move to a higher poplutated or more active server?

I see all these trolls talking about whinners and what not. Really?

Nothing wrong with wanting this. Demanding it now, though, is pointless. The ability to accomplish the task doesn't exist.

OR my conspiracy is bioware hired a fleet of droids to spam complaints about the game on GW2 those making the swtor community think twice before switching.

On a real note swtor has failed greatly and needs to step it up

Patience? People tend to lose patience when their are paying hard earned(well earned anyways) money for a mmo that has no multiplayer in it. Personally it's been almost 3 months now with a deserted server. It's not like this happpened over night.

It's just so silly to lose all those people to other games, when majority just wanna play it on a healthy server but are not allowed to. Some ofcourse just don't like the game and come in for occacional flaming to these forums for whatever reason.

Since we're demanding things. I also DEMAND and insta'kill button, Darth Maul to be my companion, a book about lightening, and my own army of rabbits!

And if not, I'm going to take my stuff and go home and tell my mommy on you!

Seriously folks, do you think if they could do it right now, they wouldn't? Of course they would, it'd shut you up and make them money. It's win win. So, they'll do it as soon as they work out the mechanics so that it's automaticly done with in the game and once they're sure it's stable and well tested.

I love the "Too little, too late" people. Talking about it like it's some kind of highly delicate soap opera argument.

"NO! NO BIOWARE! WE'RE DONE! THERE IS ANOTHER I LOVE! TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE!"

On topic, however; this is excellent news. People on dead servers can finally move to other servers and thus create a stable population (Or move to an already populated server, obviously).

This will help the game's health, indeed.

Edited by GhostDrone

Seriously folks, do you think if they could do it right now, they wouldn't? Of course they would, it'd shut you up and make them money. It's win win. So, they'll do it as soon as they work out the mechanics so that it's automaticly done with in the game and once they're sure it's stable and well tested.

Another thing why people are so upset is that Bw is responsible of the situation with the amount of servers they opened up right after lauch and they are taking their sweet time to do remedy the situation they created.

It's like a car dealer would deliver your shiny new Porche to your front yard and there would be a taped message on the windshield saying ' Here's your new car as promised right on time.Unfortunately it doesn't have rims, tires or gearbox yet installed but we are working hard to get them to you. You can expect delivery sometime early summer. Have fun!'

Edited by Helistin

Server transfers dont mean a game is dying, all mmos have a retraction in population after they are released and when you add 5 times more servers than you actualy need at launch that retraction will be very very noticable.

That doesnt mean i dont think this game is dying though, but right now its dying from 150 dead servers and biowares slow reaction to fixing them is not giving people hope for the future of this game.

I love the "Too little, too late" people. Talking about it like it's some kind of highly delicate soap opera argument.

"NO! NO BIOWARE! WE'RE DONE! THERE IS ANOTHER I LOVE! TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE!"

On topic, however; this is excellent news. People on dead servers can finally move to other servers and thus create a stable population (Or move to an already populated server, obviously).

This will help the game's health, indeed.

If they follow the "other" game's MO, to move off a dead server will require a paid transfer. The free transfers will be from select full servers to empty ones.

Another thing why people are so upset is that Bw is responsible of the situation with the amount of servers they opened up right after lauch and they are taking their sweet time to do remedy the situation they created.

It's like a car dealer would deliver your shiny new Porche to your front yard and there would be a taped message on the windshield saying ' Here's your new car as promised right on time.Unfortunately it doesn't have rims, tires or gearbox yet installed but we are working hard to get them to you. You can expect delivery sometime early summer. Have fun!'

Riiiight, so they should have left people with 10-12 hour wait times in queues at the start of the game, because I'm sure you wouldn't have been here complaining about that too. Right?

If they follow the "other" game's MO, to move off a dead server will require a paid transfer. The free transfers will be from select full servers to empty ones.

The problem with doing it that way is it will certainly just cause a mass cancellation. People right now are holding out hope they can get from a dead server to one with an active population. People aren't going to move from an active server to a dead one.

Another flaw in your theory is that with WoW it was free moves to prevent overpopulation, and not so much underpopulation.

Finally you are overlooking how the servers were established in SWToR. Bioware capped servers at relatively low levels. I'm not sure what the reason for them doing this was, because they had the technology to have multiple planet instances within a given server. They could have kept the server quantity at about half what it is now and probably wouldn't be dealing with the issue at the scale it is already. It may have something to do with their login servers. I don't know. All I know this needs to be fixed in about 4-6 weeks for me tops or my patience will be at it's end. Granted I am only one of thousands.

Riiiight, so they should have left people with 10-12 hour wait times in queues at the start of the game, because I'm sure you wouldn't have been here complaining about that too. Right?

You really are suggesting it wasn't a mistake to have the double the amount of servers that Wow has with 1/5 of the playerbase combined to no cross server/lfg tools? maybe they should have waited for with the release so all the servers could have handled more than a handful of players at a time.

Anyways, its the paying customer who is paying the price here for someone elses mistakes in judgement, and usually that kind of thing isn't very good for ones business.

Edited by Helistin

Actually, moving everyone from one server to a new one, and shutting the source server down, is exactly what a server merge is.

Thanks for correcting him in response to his post stating I was wrong. I don't see how he thought moving characters with all their money and possessions would not 'merge' that into the other server's economy.

The only difference between a server merge and a server transfer is that one is usually under the player's control and one is under the developer's control.

The problem with doing it that way is it will certainly just cause a mass cancellation. People right now are holding out hope they can get from a dead server to one with an active population. People aren't going to move from an active server to a dead one.

Another flaw in your theory is that with WoW it was free moves to prevent overpopulation, and not so much underpopulation.

Finally you are overlooking how the servers were established in SWToR. Bioware capped servers at relatively low levels. I'm not sure what the reason for them doing this was, because they had the technology to have multiple planet instances within a given server. They could have kept the server quantity at about half what it is now and probably wouldn't be dealing with the issue at the scale it is already. It may have something to do with their login servers. I don't know. All I know this needs to be fixed in about 4-6 weeks for me tops or my patience will be at it's end. Granted I am only one of thousands.

There's no flaw to my theory, I simply said if they follow the "other" game's lead. I'm not a proponent for that method. However, paint me suprised if BW doesn't do the exact same thing.

Because that is the only game that's ever used character transfers to address population issues ... :rolleyes:

It was an example. BioWare has stated that subs have not declined but concurrent playtime has. Three times last week, actually.

It's expected that if you give people extra time on their accounts then their accounts will still be valid.

They are trying to get the server transfer software coded and implemented as soon as possible, though. It's no simple task.

Yes, yes it is. The reason for the delay is not one of design or implementation.

You really are suggesting it wasn't a mistake to have the double the amount of servers that Wow has with 1/5 of the playerbase combined to no cross server/lfg tools? maybe they should have waited for with the release so all the servers could have handled more than a handful of players at a time.

Anyways, its the paying customer who is paying the price here for someone elses mistakes in judgement, and usually that kind of thing isn't very good for ones business.

I feel it was a mistake, but it was one the player community forced them to make. Bioware had no choice in the matter. The paying customers are paying the price for their own impatience.

Thanks for correcting him in response to his post stating I was wrong. I don't see how he thought moving characters with all their money and possessions would not 'merge' that into the other server's economy.

The only difference between a server merge and a server transfer is that one is usually under the player's control and one is under the developer's control.

Yup, and a server transfer usually doesn't result in the closing of the source server.