Classify these movie characters

Darth_Solrac

Huh? let's think for a second....

Makashi specializes in lightsaber COMBAT, what do Sith warriors specialize in?

Think about it...

Lightsaber COMBAT

Annnnd you've pwned yourself sir. DEFENSIVE combat form. That is what Makashi is for. This would obviously be an Inquisitor's/Sorc's preferred form as they don't usually engage in lightsaber combat/duels as a 1st choice, but need a sufficient style when approached & challenged by say a Jedi Knight for example.

Tryannus' fight with Obi Wan proves my point perfectly. Anything else?

He legitimately lost the lightsaber duel, after that though when he was on the floor yes he was faking to try and convert Anakin. But Palpatine did lose the lightsaber duel.

Are you THAT blind dude? SERIOUSLY? Sidious was the strongest Dark Lord, Sith PERIOD, EVER. Windu wasn't the strongest Jedi ever. Right there should raise some red flags for you. It's very clear, obvious that he allowed himself to be pushed to the floor. The way he feigned defenselessness fear after backing himself into that corner always amused me.

Sidious was also arguably the smartest Sith ever too. All part of this plan to turn Anakin.

Annnnd you've pwned yourself sir. DEFENSIVE combat form. That is what Makashi is for. This would obviously be an Inquisitor's/Sorc's preferred form as they don't usually engage in lightsaber combat/duels as a 1st choice, but need a sufficient style when approached & challenged by say a Jedi Knight for example.

Tryannus' fight with Obi Wan proves my point perfectly. Anything else?

Um... not exactly. Niman is used as a form by many Consular's because it's easy to master while still being fairly efffective. Makashi is not. Nor is it the best defensive form, since Soresu is superior both in terms of sheer defensive power in a duel, and, unlike Makashi, actually works at deflecting blaster bolts. It's a duelist's form. Much like real life fencing, it was incredibly physically taxing and required precise footwork to work. You also risked being overwhelmed by a sufficiently powerful strike which coudl batter your defenses away and leave you open to another killing blow. (See Anikan vs. Dooku in Episode III). In the hands of a master like Tyrannus, it can be very dangerous. But that's true of just about every lightsaber form.

Are you THAT blind dude? SERIOUSLY? Sidious was the strongest Dark Lord, Sith PERIOD, EVER. Windu wasn't the strongest Jedi ever. Right there should raise some red flags for you. It's very clear, obvious that he allowed himself to be pushed to the floor. The way he feigned defenselessness fear after backing himself into that corner always amused me.

Sidious was also arguably the smartest Sith ever too. All part of this plan to turn Anakin.

Ungh. Please don't get into that argument. Let's just say there are a lot of conflicting viewpoints (As I said, the duel between Palpatine and Mace Windu in Episode III is ambiguous, with conflicting statements from people who could give us a definitive answer).

Better to just class movie characters by the proper lore "classes" but oh well :p

Sidious was one of the primary inspirations for inquisitors, sorcerers specifically

Vader was the inspiration for Juggernaut so...

Tyrannus, he is a bit of a schemer and plotter so yea inquisitor

Maul is way more of a warrior than an inquisitor so I'd say he's a Marauder (which is why I think marauders should have had the saberstaff)

Kenobi, well, he specialized in ataru so that would be a sentinel.

Qui-gon, this is where the game classes really make it hard, Qui-gon was obviously a good swordsman, but his philosophies and attuenment to the force is more like a consular.

Luke, as he is in the movies he doesn't really fit any of the classes

Actually Kenobi specialized in the Soresu form.

EDIT: @ Solrac

If I am not mistaken George Lucas himself said that Windus victory in the lightsaber duel was legit

Edited by Mimirz

I wish you where right, honest, but tell me how many lightsaber related skills you get as a sorcerer?

The very reason why most Jedi Consular's use Niman is because it is the easiest of the lightsaber forms, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_VI:_Niman

I don't know where you get the idea sorcerer's use Makashi but I can't find any proof of that so I will just disregard it.

To say Niman is the easiest is beyond me. I think you should actually read that article.

I realize all of that, but Windu was regarded as the 2nd best lightsaber duelist in history right behind Luke Skywalker. Windu won, because of 2 things he had going for him.

1. Vapaad- Which uses the dark side/fury from the opponent, this is how Mace overwhelmed Palpatine. He was using a style that Palpatine had never seen before, and using Palpatine's dark energy against him. (Windu was also a master of this form.)

2. Shatterpoint- Able to find a weakness in the opponent.

Those two things are what helped Windu overcome Palpatine. AFTER the duel, yes Palpatine was faking it in order to try and get Anakin to the darkside, that I am not arguing with you.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi