Just looked at TOR status...

inooxi

Oh wow, I check this every day, and right now (2.30am for me) where it is the afternoon for America, it has +2.0 (Thousands) in overall population change, that's another 2000 people since 13 days ago (or something). Either I'm totally misunderstanding TOR status or this seems like a really good step for SWTOR (hopefully for longer than just today).

Forgive me if its always like that but every other time I've looked its been in the minus, so does this mean SWTOR is finally gaining more people than they are losing? (at least in America). I don't know, enlighten me...

Oh wow, I check this every day, and right now (2.30am for me) where it is the afternoon for America, it has +2.0 (Thousands) in overall population change, that's another 2000 people since 13 days ago (or something). Either I'm totally misunderstanding TOR status or this seems like a really good step for SWTOR (hopefully for longer than just today).

Forgive me if its always like that but every other time I've looked its been in the minus, so does this mean SWTOR is finally gaining more people than they are losing? (at least in America). I don't know, enlighten me...

Nope not gaining, if you look, at the date for the change 3/30-4/13, 1.2 came out on the 12th so everyone came back to try it out. I bet if you see a updated date for the overall change you will see a decrease instead.

this thread is nothing but troll bait.

and they seem to have bit.

Now reel them in now with positive remarks about how much you love the game.

sameoldstorykeepthehatetrainrolling

Edited by chrisftw

That only counts characters anyways. So like others said it could be from 1.2, it could be 2000 people rolled alts and are playing more then they were on mains they are burned out on, it could mean that pigs are flying outta my butta as I type this, who knows?

I'm going to go for the pigs... seems like the most plausible explanation.

What a crock..

The only people who know the number are BW. This chart is nothing but guess work.

It is not a crock. All of the http://www.gamestatus.net websites monitor server population via the low/heavy/very heavy ect. labels that the servers get in the character select screen. When the number next to your server is +green, it is gaining population, and is staying with a higher population label in the server status page. When it is -red, it is staying low more often. This is about the only relatively accurate way to measure population, but this spike was obviously due to 1.2.

It is not a crock. All of the http://www.gamestatus.net websites monitor server population via the low/heavy/very heavy ect. labels that the servers get in the character select screen. When the number next to your server is +green, it is gaining population, and is staying with a higher population label in the server status page. When it is -red, it is staying low more often. This is about the only relatively accurate way to measure population, but this spike was obviously due to 1.2.
Server status thresholds aren't known, and if they are supposed to represent how many players are online they aren't consistent from server to server. I've logged into my server when it was listed as standard and there were maybe 20 on a few planets and 80 in fleet. I've logged into the same server on a different day when it was again listed as standard and there would be 50 on some planets and 200+ in fleet. BW isn't allowing anyone to tap into their stuff. So until they allow that to happen there isn't a server status site than can claim accuracy. I wouldn't trust them, though it is nice to see an uptick in the same reference sites that the doomers and gloomers are using.

says the person who has no proof that it isnt real

Actually he didn't say it wasn't real he said it was unlikely because there isn't enough evidence to back it up, he also made the point that the only people who hold the actual accurate information is Bioware and EA, which is completely correct.

Just because you can't disprove something that is preposterous and holds very little credibility by a 100% chance, doesn't mean it then gains enough credibility to become more possible.

That's like saying there is a cup of tea on the dark side of Mars that becomes invisible when it comes into earth's view, we can't disprove it by 100%, but it is still ridiculous.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

TOR status doesn't count active players, as that information isn't completely shared or reported. It uses an index based on the values of the server statuses, like so:

1 = Light

2 = Standard

3 = Heavy

So it could be 200 players, or 2,000, or 5,000 - we don't know. In any event it's great to see the active population growing, I hope it continues.

Edited by ohpleasework