To heal, or not to heal?

Jessicka

It seems as though, at least on my server, healers are becoming more and more sparse as the game progresses. I've heard a lot of people chatting on various mediums attesting to this fact.

So I figured I would give the healers perspective, or at least mine, as I very recently joined the ranks of the retired healer.

Why? In short, I play for fun. I am paying to have a good time - And my idea of a good time does not consist of being pounded like a salvation army drum in PVP. I don't fault the Sith one bit for making me priority number one on the field. You let me run rampant, and you are going to lose.

So really, what's the problem? Reps, you aren't backing your healers up. When I have someone watching my back in PVP, It's not uncommon for me to break 380k+ heals. If not, I am lucky, I can get 2 heals off on the group (1 AOE, 1 direct) before I am back up on the spawn zone. That's half the problem - The other half is listening to this small, but blusterous grouping which flock to MMOs en mass. "I didn't get any heals in that match.....***". *Le sigh* We can't heal when we're dead.......Even in Si-Fi Fantasy. And I don't care how great your armor is, how great at pvp you are - 3 Sith blowing you up like the 4th of July, you're going down - It's just a matter of when. Either way, the goal is accomplished. The healer is healing themselves, not the group, and before long your standing in the middle of a swarm of "red"...Good times.

So, this isn't meant as a flame, or even a rant. We have some awesome Rep players, but I also realize that we are a bit weak in this area. Maybe we should give it a shot? See how it goes - Just sayin'.

As a Rep Sawbones, I do feel your pain. I normally lead damage taken by a fair amount in most WZs, and I mostly solo Que. I get Guarded sometimes, and cross healed, but for the most part, I consider that a nice bonus.

With that said, I like healing. I like being considered that important that the Sith all want to High Five my face with their lightsabers. It's a challenge, and it can be very frustrating at times, but I like it.

If you don't mind being extremely dependent on your team than you should consider trying your healer again. People forget that healing means **** if those heals are going to bad players, and like you said peels are needed.

If depending on others so much is killing the fun, then I suggest you should keep playing as dps or try out other games for healing. Healers are always dependent on others for their success, but in a lot of other games they are less dependent in pvp. In other games healers have more burst abilities and damage reduction tools, so it easier to play without a tank glued to your ***.

All my friends and guldies left swtor (we ran a group that had nasty aoe / criting for 4k-5k much higher than any healer could heal) . I tried healing solo, but I got stuck on teams where there were too many healers or a team that had sucky dps.

Short version: you should Q with good players as a healer or solo q as a dps IMHO

My opinion is forget 31 heal builds for the AE heal and the mana regen, also forget you have the big heal entirely. Then spec 21 into heals to the channeled heal. With the other 20 points get the AE stun on your bubble and the AE root on the AE KB. Change your relics to defensive ones. Change your stim to Endurance. Stack defense when possibly. Try to get the reduced cooldown on Speed and Mezz.

Basically re align everything to where you survive as long as possible and frustate the DPS back. :D