Guardian vs. Sentinel difficulty?

Stenrik

Hi,

I'm going to start a new character, and I want it to be a knight. I want to primarily PVP and do damage.

My other criteria is that I want it to be the most difficult class to play (for challenge purposes). I like complex classes. I want to manage lots of different procs, abilities, situational cooldowns, positioning, etc...

I always hear everyone saying the mara/sent is the most difficult class in this respect, but what about the guardian? Are guardians less complicated?

I'm kind of leaning towards a Sentinal right now, but if someone can make a good case for guardian, especially with PVP, I'll reconsider. Also I don't care much about FOTM.

Thanks.

Edited by Stenrik

Yeah if your looking for a bunch of abilities to manage, sent would definitely be the way to go. Now as for guardian, it depends on the spec but I found Focus and Vigilance to be extremely easy, while aoe tanking can be a challenge but single target tanking is great. As for pvp, apparently if you can play a sent/mara properly then they are very powerful. As for guardian dps, My guard does not even have full BM yet, so I can't really speak too much without being properly geared. I will say however that vigilance is pretty decent, several Dots (Blade Storm, Plasma Brand,) and debuffs on enemies with sundering throw and sundering strike. Edited by Wrthlessnoob

If you're looking for a challenge, Sentinel is the way to go. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Guardian is extremely straight forward and simple in PvP.

I agree with this, although honestly I need to play a sent/mara to see for myself how challenging it is. But yes in pvp for guardians the rotation is very simple and once I got the hang of it, it got very boring to me.